Supposed "Crisis at Manly" Megathread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
RE: Next on 9 news: Crisis at Manly

Imagine how good we would be if we didn't have board room fighting, players bickering, players wanting out, a club in crisis because they are trying to play by the salary cap rules rather than cheat like others. We'd probably be top of the table.............Ohhh that's right WE ARE!!!!!!!!!!!

Its well known in Manly that they all asked for a release in solidarity with Gifty.

But, they all have contracts with Manly in 2015, and Snake all the way till 2016 :cool:

Pretty sure they also knew that it would be refused - so chest puffing - nothing to worry about till we see blood ;)

The great thing about these guys is they hate to lose more than they hate Perry :p

No need to worry about in 2014 :sleepy:

Triple M

When interviewed by Steve Mascord and Dan Ginnane after the match, Choc had two opportunities to deny the rumours that he has asked for a release. Evaded the question twice. Made it seem as though it was indeed true.

Minutes later Mascord interviewed Matai and on this occasion, he straight up admitted to asking for a release and wants it sorted out ASAP.

Matai rumours have been flying around for a while, so that was mere clarification. Choc on the other hand, my gut feeling after hearing him was that he wants out too. I would therefore assume that Snake has also asked for a release.

Perhaps the Nein story wasn't crap after all.

Sad news for the club.

HappilyManly said:
Its well known in Manly that they all asked for a release in solidarity with

The great thing about these guys is they hate to lose more than they hate Perry :p

Was that banter or do you believe the players (or even a few senior players) hate Perry?

RE: Triple M

Its not crap, just unrealistic as the 3 have valid contracts with Manly - relax and enjoy the 2014 Premiership surge :idea:

Players definitely need to stop behaving like children and understand that in the salary cap era, there is only so much of the pie to go around. They want all the money they can get, but can't see that this results in others being squeezed out.

Its the typical misunderstanding between Operations and the Playing Group.

The Players, no offence, are not savvy enough to know that the Z... faction is using their emotions, to route Perry for firing him a few years back :cool:

They don't care for any Admin person as far as I know.

Its not personal, just misdirected and will blow over when their blood cools down after the Season is over :)

Manly is in good hands, and if the Club determines that releasing some will ease the situation, they will do so. 2v already stated publicly that nobody is going anywhere :p

I heard both Matai and Choc. Not too worried about anything they said.
The Matai news had all but been confirmed. Choc, evasive. Who knows what's going on with him?
Gifty situation obviously cut deep.
Would be a real shame to see four absolute Manly legends leave on a sour note so I hope things get sorted out one way or another. If they leave it needs to be on good terms.
I still question who else would pay more than Manly for Choc?
Strange days and we're on top of the ladder.

the mauler said:
Matai confirmed he has asked for a release.

IT IS TRUE..

no channel 9 or DT , Matai confirmed it himself live interview after the game tonight on triple m..

he was asked the question direct and he replied " yes , i have asked for a release "

thought it was a rumor last week... wasnt pleasant to hear it..

For ****s sake. These guys need a bit of perspective.. Everyone including the fans is sad to see gift go. Doesn't mean you throw the toys out of the cot. Maybe if they hadn't gave negotiated such big salaries there would be have been the funds to keep gift. Putting a real dampner on trying to enjoy our charge to the finals.

they cant be naive enough to think that they will be able to find and then build this same culture anywhere else.

First of all it is unlikely they will all be able to sign with the same club, second they would then need to fit into the current culture at that club before being able to have any influence over it

All 3 are absolute legends, but why clubs would sign players close to or over 30 on huge money is beyond me.

COMMANDER said:
Anyone that want's to leave can go.

It pains me to say it, but I agree with you CC.

What I find interesting is that when players are unsettled and want out (it happens a lot in European soccer), their form usually drops and the team structure also suffers. The manager doesn't want a disruptive influence and the player gets his wish and is released or transferred. That is not the case here. Manly are top of the table and Matai is in career best form. And we are to assume that at least two others who are unhappy. You wouldn't know it would you?

I'm sorry boys. This is really getting me down. We're a great club. I know glen went but so did Steve Menzies and all our other greats. People have to move on. I think it was confirmed for al least 2 players want out and maybe snake. It just brings down the win. Manly can say we won't release anyone but then there playing and don't really care. Just being professional. No passion.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6