Supporter groups names?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Westie....good ideas BUT "consensus" will be almost impossible, beleive me I have been at this for 5 years now and consensus is a tad difficult.

The Eagle Rockers will always want to be that and nothing else, and we should not have a problem with that.

The Push it up Manly crew are the same

The only one to really "work" has been MWTS (who are Eagles Rockers, Push it Up Manly and hundreds of others) and that's not blowing my trumpet just stating facts. That works as they feel a part of something when we go on away trips to far flung places such as NZ.

The club (officially) won't want to enter into any discussions, they will just want the fans to become members.

So I see that there's room for all, and Silvertails is just another option for people to congregate and feel a part of something other than just going to the game.

Mark...I hear you , and all very valid...but why not keep trying to get the rockers , the  'tails , the push it up, the MWTS , to ALL , get together at least once a year , in the off season - socially -  to bounce some ideas off each other , maybe combine resources/contacts etc...maybe have a sports days etc against each other , in true manly sporting spirit – a bit of fun , meet new manly fans , maybe even make new friendships.....each group can  still keep their own web sites , banners etc , still sit / stand where they do now , but maybe agree to commit to an all encompassing  fan group  , which is new and neutral ,  that they can all say they had a  part in creating...maybe each group can commit 2/3 individuals to the new " entity " , so for at least our home games we look “organised” – ( not to the moronic level of say the burrow) – and the MWTS keep “ control ” of the away games…just a thought.  IMO , some of the signs displayed appear dated  etc , and instead of half a dozen new ones , maybe some organisation amongst these groups can produce something we thought not possible…watching some of the o/s soccer , its amazing what a couple of hundred fans can do as far as noise / colour / support is concerned.  Again , IMO , the existing groups have probably hit their limit as far as any new “members” is concerned , maybe fringe supporters are more likely to come out of their shell and join something new, that has the support of the majority

id like to see either a banner with a chosen slogan , unfurled , before kick off before each home game , one that you will not be able to miss or decifer on TV, at the back of the hill , with associated chant...otherwise , i dont mind the massive jersey look alike banners  i think tboth the dogs and dragqueens have.

Which is about the size I'd recommend, thanks Ant.

I hear you Westie, and by all means if we can pull together a "meeting" (read piss up and they'll all come) it would be great. At the end of the day we are ALL supporters of the Sea eagles regardless of our "tag line"

I'm thinking about using the head of the club's logo on the banner but think there would be legal issues from the club or the NRL.

If this isn't an issue can someone email me the said logo and hopefully I can work out how to get it to the store.

Having a get together is a good idea but it is very hard to work on. We have to given a hand this year with the Cronulla trial in February so I think we should plan something around this event.

As for ideas, I thought tifos are a good thing, as long as you can get the full supporters group involved. A place like Gold Coast every year would be a perfect place to have something.

Another idea is scarves with Silvertails on one side and MWTS on the other side.

My brain is full of a lot of ideas...not to mention new chants :) I just need to learn how to drum better lol

Mark from Brisbane link said:
Which is about the size I'd recommend, thanks Ant.

I hear you Westie, and by all means if we can pull together a \"meeting\" (read piss up and they'll all come) it would be great. At the end of the day we are ALL supporters of the Sea eagles regardless of our \"tag line\"

Did I read piss up??
Russ I've now got a glass you can shout that beer you owe me

Post  automatically merged: [time]1290583474[/time]

Jono link said:
Having a get together is a good idea but it is very hard to work on. We have to given a hand this year with the Cronulla trial in February so I think we should plan something around this event.

As for ideas, I thought tifos are a good thing, as long as you can get the full supporters group involved. A place like Gold Coast every year would be a perfect place to have something.

Another idea is scarves with Silvertails on one side and MWTS on the other side.

My brain is full of a lot of ideas...not to mention new chants :) I just need to learn how to drum better lol

A lot of great idea's there mate. Hopefully the club embraces it just as the Bulldogs, Sharkies and Titans have with their various supporter's

Jono link said:

Your head is full of something, ideas is not the first word that springs to mind.

I think you drumming goal this year should be to use the correct end of the stick.

Mybludog link said:
Simple really.

Vids group gets everyone involved between him and the Push it up crew.

They in turn get everyone involved up towards Jonseys mob.

Jonseys mob then get everyone around the family hill involved and so on until the group gets back to Vid.

Then it doesn't matter where you sit, everyone's involved

Jane Try snob!..just kidding.It makes sense.As Jonesy said,everyone has their fave spot,or seat,and most probably wont change.Ur right Russ,we need cohesion around the ground.How to do it?

Post  automatically merged: [time]1290587177[/time]

Matabele link said:
[quote author=Seaeagle63 link=topic=185960.msg306257#msg306257 date=1289953275]
The eagles nest
  What's Hitler got to do with this?
[/quote]

Eagles nest is a castle in Austria (german-schloss adler)made famous in "Where Eagles Dare".Hitler's mountain hideaway was Berchtesgarden.

The Eagles Nest in Austria is one of the most spectacular places I have ever been to, the views from the top are simply incredible and the ride up in the 70 year old lift that Hitler himself travelled in is a real blast. IN the building at the top there's a fireplace that Mussolini gave to him. It cost a motza to all do in the late 30's but he was only ever there once or twice from what I remember. It's not far out of Salzburg if you are heading that way and WELL worth a visit.

ayjay007 link said:
[quote author=Mybludog link=topic=185960.msg306759#msg306759 date=1290165995]
Simple really.

Jonseys mob then get everyone around the family hill involved and so on until the group gets back to Vid.

Jane Try snob!..just kidding.It makes sense.As Jonesy said,everyone has their fave spot,or seat,and most probably wont change.Ur right Russ,we need cohesion around the ground.How to do it?

Matabele link said:
The eagles nest
[/quote]

Eagles nest is a castle in Austria (german-schloss adler)made famous in "Where Eagles Dare".Hitler's mountain hideaway was Berchtesgarden.
[/quote]

There is a way for cohesion but whether it would be accepted at a footy ground is another thing:

Walkie Talkies/ headsets etc would work. Have people in different areas with headsets and have someone make the calls for the chants. It would work, just have people in the different areas and someone up in the Jane Try stand or at the front of the hill make the calls.

Jono link said:
[quote author=ayjay007 link=topic=185960.msg307363#msg307363 date=1290586413]
[quote author=Mybludog link=topic=185960.msg306759#msg306759 date=1290165995]
Simple really.

Matabele link said:
The eagles nest
[/quote]

[/quote]

There is a way for cohesion but whether it would be accepted at a footy ground is another thing:

Walkie Talkies/ headsets etc would work. Have people in different areas with headsets and have someone make the calls for the chants. It would work, just have people in the different areas and someone up in the Jane Try stand or at the front of the hill make the calls.
[/quote]

I think that's a FANTASTIC idea.. & I think that it would have fabulous results! Can we try this??

Jono link said:
Walkie Talkies/ headsets etc would work. Have people in different areas with headsets and have someone make the calls for the chants.

This might get confusing when the scoring is 2 tries, 1 conversion against 1 un-converted try ..... Big Buddy  ;D

I've noticed through trolling the likes of the CSSC, Legion etc they pay extra to get a position at the  home field, would that be something that we would be looking into?

Another thing is will the Silvertails get it's own website section?. To organise BBQ's, social gathering's, signs and other stuff. I was thinking eventually if everyone that joins this supporter group get's involved we sponsor a U20 player (English club's do this Leeds, Bradford come to mond that do this) so if the player crosses over for a try over the loud speakers and video come  Joe Bloggs is sponsored by 'the Silvertails'

Penrith have "the black hole"!

I think the secret to this is to make it a "loose" (meaning informal not immoral) knit group.....no fees, no extra's just like minded who are brought together as a result of this forum....just as the MWTS have been brought together by Vid, myself, the MWSE forum (when operational) and this forum.

I love that Kevin Costner movie "Field of Dreams" and the inspirational line from it.

BUILD IT AND THEY WILL COME

After giving a banner suggestion , some thought , all i could come up with is as follows -
One Team , One Dream , All In
or
manly or death !

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8