Supporter groups names?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Re: Supporter groups names?!

We could be as inaccurate as souths and call our sitting together area as

THE Silvertails CAULDRON!

Dan link said:
The Silvertails fits well and makes the most sense. Given most of the names are tied back to a website also. Such as \"The Kennel\" and \"the Burrow\" (rabbits live in a warren by the way, not a burrow).

Therefore Silvertails is the most accurate and best fitting. End of argument, case closed, thanks for coming, I'll be here all week

You forgot to Mention, "And its my site and I'll make money"

that said you are correct in it being the best option

Came across this whilst trolling over sites

bulldogsarmy.com/index.html

Could the home supporter's (let's call them the Silvertails for argument's sake) be run like this?
Everyone meet's on the hill, everyone wear's team colour's, have pre-match and or post match meals/drinks at the Leagues Club, actively promote Membership for the club (and the club does a thing for the member's i.e BBQ with the team, group jersey's) etc. 

I read this season that the CSSC brought a game worn jersey of Anthony Tupou's and presented him with it at the end of a game after a relation died from cancer

Fro link said:
[quote author=Dan link=topic=185960.msg306370#msg306370 date=1289965872]
The Silvertails fits well and makes the most sense. Given most of the names are tied back to a website also. Such as \"The Kennel\" and \"the Burrow\" (rabbits live in a warren by the way, not a burrow).

Therefore Silvertails is the most accurate and best fitting. End of argument, case closed, thanks for coming, I'll be here all week

[/quote]

Semantics mate

Dan link said:
[quote author=Fro link=topic=185960.msg306385#msg306385 date=1289970470]
[quote author=Dan link=topic=185960.msg306370#msg306370 date=1289965872]

[/quote]

Semantics mate
[/quote]

Semantics or capitalism? :p

borderline dictatorship when it comes down to it :)

Benevolent dictatorship is the best form of governance ;)

Chip & Chase link said:
Benevolent dictatorship is the best form of governance ;)

Dan is as much a benevolent Dictator as Bill Gates was a philanthropist in the early days.

BTW I'm not knocking him for it, I hope he gets an earn out of it, he deserves it. But it is what it is :)

Ant80 link said:

Could the home supporter's (let's call them the Silvertails for argument's sake) be run like this?
Everyone meet's on the hill, everyone wear's team colour's, have pre-match and or post match meals/drinks at the Leagues Club, actively promote Membership for the club (and the club does a thing for the member's i.e BBQ with the team, group jersey's) etc. 

I read this season that the CSSC brought a game worn jersey of Anthony Tupou's and presented him with it at the end of a game after a relation died from cancer

I like it Ant!! I think it's a great idea!

Surely that could all be added to this site (Sorry Dan! haha) ..If we were to call ourselves The Silvertails.. & it could be The Sivertails nest!
I like how they've got a section for photo's & chants.. Although I don't like their chant about us- & Brett!! =(

EagleAngel1986 link said:
Random question..
                            But there's the 'Burrow', The 'Chook Pen', The 'Kennel', The 'Black hole' & a few more.. just wondering why we don't have a name for our most 'animated' supporters, that stand on the hill each & every week..? & if we did- what would we be called? Thoughts? I thought of the 'Birds nest'? Haha..

What about the Eagle Rockers  - that has a good ring to it and also aligns pretty well to the theme song - thoughts?

The Wheel link said:
[quote author=EagleAngel1986 link=topic=185960.msg306231#msg306231 date=1289946212]
Random question..
                            But there's the 'Burrow', The 'Chook Pen', The 'Kennel', The 'Black hole' & a few more.. just wondering why we don't have a name for our most 'animated' supporters, that stand on the hill each & every week..? & if we did- what would we be called? Thoughts? I thought of the 'Birds nest'? Haha..

What about the Eagle Rockers  - that has a good ring to it and also aligns pretty well to the theme song - thoughts?
[/quote]

Love your work

All in favour of Silvertails as it is distinctly a Manly term but I also like the idea of 'The Fortress' at Brookvale.

The Wheel link said:
[quote author=EagleAngel1986 link=topic=185960.msg306231#msg306231 date=1289946212]
Random question..

[/quote]

You're an ideas man....I like it.

I like Silvertails, but I prefer something more like "The Eagles Nest" or something like that.

The ideas you have about pre game and post game BBQ's etc is a valid idea and worth thinking about in the future but we obviously need to take baby steps...it also doesn't help that we are basically split 5 ways home games (Vidmars group, Jonesy's Group, the Push It Up Manly group, the Jane Try members and everyone in between). We need to come together at home before anything like that will work. The reason is that we come together, we're more organised, then anyone at Brookie games that joins us can come to the BBQ, hear Vidmar whinge about why they aren't a member of the football club...then coerce them into signing up the next season.

Everything will roll on after this inital move. However, the initial move is a tough ask.

Jono link said:
I like Silvertails, but I prefer something more like \"The Eagles Nest\" or something like that.

The ideas you have about pre game and post game BBQ's etc is a valid idea and worth thinking about in the future but we obviously need to take baby steps...it also doesn't help that we are basically split 5 ways home games (Vidmars group, Jonesy's Group, the Push It Up Manly group, the Jane Try members and everyone in between). We need to come together at home before anything like that will work. The reason is that we come together, we're more organised, then anyone at Brookie games that joins us can come to the BBQ, hear Vidmar whinge about why they aren't a member of the football club...then coerce them into signing up the next season.

Everything will roll on after this inital move. However, the initial move is a tough ask.

A merger you say? sounds brilliant as im not in any group,just a lone guy watching my team win,lose or draw

EagleAngel1986 link said:
[quote author=Ant80 link=topic=185960.msg306388#msg306388 date=1289971233]

I like it Ant!! I think it's a great idea!

Surely that could all be added to this site (Sorry Dan! haha) ..If we were to call ourselves The Silvertails.. & it could be The Sivertails nest!
I like how they've got a section for photo's & chants.. Although I don't like their chant about us- & Brett!! =(

[/quote]

We have a section for songs and chants. And supporters photos area is planned, once I find a suitable replacement host for us in the new year

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8