Super Saturday trial

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Oh, sorry for too many posts, but Joey Lussick has 1st grade written all over him.
I have no idea how we fit them all in for this year, but he is a keeper.

6 from 6 today, in the rain, with a few from touch is just a bonus too.
My only concern with him is in the nines he missed some easy opportunities and went the wrong way. Still nines is not like the real game and I haven't seen enough of him to judge. Sounds like he can kick though.

My only concern with him is in the nines he missed some easy opportunities and went the wrong way. Still nines is not like the real game and I haven't seen enough of him to judge. Sounds like he can kick though.

I didnt see a lot of the nines.

He was pretty dominant today.
Spent a lot of time conversing with the refs etc too. Seemed very very comfortable.

Him and Pita will run this team for 2017 as I can see Cullen in 1st grade a fair bit.

So two solid trials with our key combinations against first grade sides, with minimal injury (Taufua injury? notwithstanding), win or lose, we are ahead of where we were last year.

Solid without being spectacular.
Schuster (spelling) was more impressive imo.
He is a big big body
Ok thanks. Was hoping he might be showing a bit of go, we are skinny on fullback coverage for Tommy so thought he could fill that role if he was delivering so goods.

Ok thanks. Was hoping he might be showing a bit of go, we are skinny on fullback coverage for Tommy so thought he could fill that role if he was delivering so goods.

Agreed. We are skinny.
Uate and Tafua could never, ever wear the #1.
Pita is not a 1st grade #1 either.

We need the Wyong #1...he was untouchable today. @:D

Well, just back from the games...

NYC: Same old, same old.

Reggies: Cam Cullen was dominant until he went off.
Kelly's footwork in space is sublime. Put a beautiful in and away on his oposite. He was a class above this level.
Jamil was excellent when he came on. I'm suprised he is off the bench, this will surely change.
Bainbridge tried hard, maybe too hard tbh, but will play 1st grade this year.
Random Blacktown fowards: really ripped in and played tough.

Roosters fullback...untouchable in attack...reminds me of Paul Shaw.

Firsts:....Blake Green makes the difference. Took all the penalty touch finders, DCE didnt touch the ball some sets...this us a good thing.

Tommy T...has bulked a little...unstoppable again.
Fowards looked strong fit and hungry. Roosters ran over us after 15 mins but we fought back well and had their measure by the end.

Nate Myles stood up to JWH....could be a good sign.

Jake T..foward leader...ball playing again.

Wingers looked strong with ball in hand, but both have hands like feet at times.

All up, very happy with the hit out, no major injuries i noticed, good signs ahead.
Well done TB.

This is music to my ears. It sounds like we did ok, won the trial, and happy days. Thanks for the report buddy, well done Manly!

Siro....Curtis Sironen crashes over for Manly's second try against the Sydney Roosters. Photo: NRL Photos.

A late try to centre Dylan Walker gave Manly Warringah Sea Eagles a 24-22 victory over the Sydney Roosters in the annual Community Cup trial match at the Central Coast Stadium tonight.

In a match played in wet conditions with several thunderstorms circulating the ground, both sides fielded close to their strongest teams.

Sea Eagles Coach Trent Barrett keeping his big names on for the majority of the match in the final hit out before the opening premiership match against Parramatta Eels at Lottoland on Sunday, March 5.

The Sea Eagles opened the scoring in the sixth minute when quick hands to the left put full-back Tom Trbojevic through a gap to slice his way over. Centre Dylan Walker converted for a 6-0 lead.

A good pass from Tom Trbojevic saw second-rower Curtis Sironen through a hole to use his strength to cross over to score. Walker converted for a 12-0 lead.

The Roosters then put on back-to-back tries within three minutes to winger Daniel Tupou and centre Latrell Mitchell . Full-back Michael Gordon converted both tries for a 12-all scoreline after 24 minutes.

Five minutes later, the Roosters were in again through Connor Watson after a break down the right side. Gordon converted the try for an 18-12 lead after 30 minutes.

The Sea Eagles hit back with a converted try in the 38th minute for an 18-all scoreline at half-time.

2nd Half

The Roosters regained the lead when some brilliant play by Daniel Tupou saw Latrell Mitchell score in the left corner. Gordon’s attempt hits posts but bounces away for a 22-18 lead to the Roosters.

A great pass by five-eighth Blake Green put Walker in a huge gap for the centre to score behind the posts. Walker converted his own try to give the Sea Eagles a 24-22 lead after 77 minutes.

NRL Sea Eagles team

1 Tom Trbojevic 2 Jorge Taufua 3 Dylan Walker 4 Jono Wright 5 Akuila Uate 6 Blake Green 7 Daly Cherry-Evans (c) 8 Brenton Lawrence 9 Api Koroisau 10 Martin Taupau 11 Frank Winterstein 12 Curtis Sironen 13 Jake Trbojevic Interchange: 14 Lewis Brown 15 Addin Fonua-Blake 16 Jarrad Kennedy 17 Nate Myles.

Added to team after Blacktown Sea Eagles match win: 18 Brian Kelly, 19 Cameron Cullen, 20 Billy Bainbridge, 21 Peter Schuster, 23 Pita Godinet.

From Sea Eagles site.

I didnt see a lot of the nines.

He was pretty dominant today.
Spent a lot of time conversing with the refs etc too. Seemed very very comfortable.

Him and Pita will run this team for 2017 as I can see Cullen in 1st grade a fair bit.
What do you mean by Bainbridge trying to hard?i thought he was outstanding

What do you mean by Bainbridge trying to hard?i thought he was outstanding

Missed a few tackles, dropped at least 2 balls...i thought he was trying too hard to be involved everywhere.
I did say he will play 1sts this year, but will need to settle and stake a claim from Blacktown first.
Just imo, of course

Marty was the most dominant forward in the game. He got hammered by JWH in the first half, that would would have been it for most players but he came back strongly in the 2nd half.

Coming twice from behind was a good sign, the players seem to have a lot of team spirit going on.

How did Lane go in Reggies, did he back up and if so how did he go?
With ball in hand he is more than a handful. I was pleasantly surprised, if he keeps that up he will get more opportunities in NRL.

Missed a few tackles, dropped at least 2 balls...i thought he was trying too hard to be involved everywhere.
I did say he will play 1sts this year, but will need to settle and stake a claim from Blacktown first.
Just imo, of course
Didn't miss a tackle. Dropped one ball off a hospital pass. Played up the middle , was all over it imo

Oh, sorry for too many posts, but Joey Lussick has 1st grade written all over him.
I have no idea how we fit them all in for this year, but he is a keeper.

6 from 6 today, in the rain, with a few from touch is just a bonus too.

Totally agree. This bloke has the best pasing game. One of those players that seems to have loads of time in space.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8