Super Saturday trial

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

davohan123

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Just got back from Gosford
Really interesting watching that game.
I would say patchy at times but the boys showed a great determined hunger to win, walker's match winning try right infront of me... you could tell it meant a lot to the boys, even if it was a trial match.

Match: We came out and matched the roosters intensity early, we had them on the ropes early 12-0 then we really missed some very easy tackles and roosters got it back to 12-12 with some possession.

They took the lead after another sloppy tackle close to our line.

But unlike last year we actually finished the half stronger 18-18 at half time.

Second half full of errors by both sides, we gifted them there opening points again down our left wing.

Roosters must of paid that ref something he gave us nothing and the roosters were offside so much of this half. We dropped and bombed about 3 chances , a few to Brian kelly. But walker saved the day an Inside pass from Blake green and walker completely wrong footed the roosters and went in untouched late.

Positives:

Tom T absolute class tonight, his 1st try was a classic, he kept us in the game tonight.

Jake T: Class tonight, some of hits he did wonderful to see him back.

Green: Liked what I saw tonight, very handy pick up. He will help DCE no need.

Overall our team cohesion much better than last year from what I saw.

We matched the roosters tonight at stages, we did not fold like so many games last year.

Negatives

Wingers on both sides were found out tonight in the 1st half but slightly improved in the second half.

Again we gave away way to many easy penalties which basically saw roosters scoring a few of there try's from.

But apart from those 2 things great night out, love getting one up on the roosters in the year and beating them with only minutes to go.

Good hit out for the boys as a trial. Signs of what I saw we will be competitive this year.

Now that the trials are done , no major injuries to speak of, our boys can rest up and get ready to start our 2017 against the slime in a few weeks time.

Well worth the trip up to Gosford even in the rain.

Last edited:

davohan123

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Funniest Sight were the Rooster Fans -they acted like it was a Grand Final!

But oh how they went silent after walkers try.

But agree with the post re the roosters fans tonight there.

Also forgot to mention on my previous post , man our reserves today looked very impressive and there was loads of talk between each other, top 8 a minimun for this side this year.

Loobs

Living in the demountable.
Lots of cops out in Narrabeen this morning. Must have been some wild celebrations after last nights win...

pjayz

הנשרים ישרור בעוד שנתיים מיום הנשרים
Anyone have comment on how Kelly looked in defence in the top game?

ALinda

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I was impressed with several aspects last night, namely:

Our win against a top quality team, we matched the Roosters with our intensity, our recruitment in the off-season looks very promising at this stage and Cherry trying to run the ship last year on his own seems to have been resolved.
Also I was impressed with the Blacktown Workers Sea Eagles' win. They look like a strong and well-coached team and should do well in 2017.

Really enjoyed the night at Gosford, despite the crazy weather, and it gave me a lot of optimism for this year. Wish we could transfer the comfortable, spacious grandstands and their facilities to Brookie!

Ryan

Journey Man
I was impressed with several aspects last night, namely:

Our win against a top quality team, we matched the Roosters with our intensity, our recruitment in the off-season looks very promising at this stage and Cherry trying to run the ship last year on his own seems to have been resolved.
Also I was impressed with the Blacktown Workers Sea Eagles' win. They look like a strong and well-coached team and should do well in 2017.

Really enjoyed the night at Gosford, despite the crazy weather, and it gave me a lot of optimism for this year. Wish we could transfer the comfortable, spacious grandstands and their facilities to Brookie!

The only improvement on that story, is that if you downed a few beers as well ;)

DaveLP

Reserve Grader
Anyone have comment on how Kelly looked in defence in the top game?
He came on replacing jono wright looked good in some parts and nervous in others. He had one miss tackle on fergo and then later tried drifting while falling back which gave roosters enough time to attack him make a break and score in the corner. Other then those two times he defended well. What surprised me was his 2 drop balls on attack which was prolly just nerves.

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
Anyone ...what position did Jamil Hopoate play in his trial .... and how did he go?

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
11 6 5 -9 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 5 6 47 12