Suli out for ??

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
It sounds like this is Des' way of getting the message across that only good performance will get you a spot in first grade at Manly.

And high time too after we had way too many passengers over the past three years who kept on being selected despite being out of form or just not up to it.

I'm not saying that Des is making Suli out to be the poster child as a message to the playing group. But that he has told the players that performance standards are in place based on such things their skill, experience and fitness level and that they will have to meet those standards set for them or they will be [risk being] dropped. It sounds like Suli just happens to be the first to cop punishment for not coming up to scratch.

I do find it puzzling though that Suli hasn't been named for Blacktown this week, even on the bench. I'd have thought that to keep up his fitness that he would have at least been playing NSW Cup this week. Bit hard to keep up performance standards if you're sitting in the grandstand watching the game. Though I have read somewhere this morning that he might have a calf injury and was in doubt for this weekend anyway.

so Suli had a good performance sitting out the week?

so Suli had a good performance sitting out the week?

The funny thing is that even though he sat out last weekend, the club and Des pretty much said that Suli would be back playing this week. Whether that meant for Blacktown or Manly I don't know, but Tom's injury has seen it that he's back in the NRL side.

Well.... It's approximately 2153 calories per kilogram so it's about 10800 calories over and above his calorie maintenance level for 5kg. Every individual has a different calorie maintenance level, but on average males require approximately 300 to 500 calories a day just to maintain existing weight and natural body function. People using more calories due to output require more calories. Say over 6 weeks or 42 days he would need to overeat approximately 258 calories or 1074 kilo joules per day over his CML to gain this weight. Being young, male and elite athlete in training I would suggest his CLM would be 2600 calories or more. Therefore he's eating over the 6 week period @ least 2860 calories or nearly 12000 Kilo joules each day to gain this excess. One big Mac is 762 calories or 3185 kilojoules. So lets say 4 big Macs a day, if he eats nothing else, or approximately 75% of 1 big mac per day over and above his normal dietary allowance. You asked !!!!!

Lost me after Well......
I just skipped and went straight for the Big Mac

Well.... It's approximately 2153 calories per kilogram so it's about 10800 calories over and above his calorie maintenance level for 5kg. Every individual has a different calorie maintenance level, but on average males require approximately 300 to 500 calories a day just to maintain existing weight and natural body function. People using more calories due to output require more calories. Say over 6 weeks or 42 days he would need to overeat approximately 258 calories or 1074 kilo joules per day over his CML to gain this weight. Being young, male and elite athlete in training I would suggest his CLM would be 2600 calories or more. Therefore he's eating over the 6 week period @ least 2860 calories or nearly 12000 Kilo joules each day to gain this excess. One big Mac is 762 calories or 3185 kilojoules. So lets say 4 big Macs a day, if he eats nothing else, or approximately 75% of 1 big mac per day over and above his normal dietary allowance. You asked !!!!!
Males require 300-500 calories per day to maintain weight? Are they completely comotose? Any male here that consumes that will be losing dramatic weight in a completely unhealthy fashion.

Suli at over 100kg would be more likely in the 3000 caloric mark to maintain weight given his output.

A big mac is 2180 kilojoules

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.nine.com.au/article/bbe2186a-9d96-4fc6-82bc-363e02e991a3

NRL FOX

Manly centre Moses Suli reveals he hit 124kgs in off-season, but has since dropped 12kgs
Manly centre Moses Suli has all the promise in the world, but his consistency is a problem.
The 20-year-old was dropped from first grade by coach Des Hasler for ‘disciplinary performance standards’ in Round 4 — a mysterious reason that will remain so.

“It was just a speed bump. I just got carried away a bit. I’m going to keep that between Des and me,” Suli said, adding it didn’t have anything to do with weight gain.

“No, not my weight… just personal things.”

However, Suli admitted he ballooned out to an astonishing 124kgs in the off-season — 16kgs heavier than he was when he made his debut for the Wests Tigers in 2017.

Remarkably, he was able to lose 12kgs by making better choices — a problem many young players struggle with.

“I’m playing at 112kg, but I’m trying to drop more,’’ Suli said.

“When I debuted I was about 108kg, so if I can get down there it will be good.

“I just get carried away, especially in the off-season. I go for gold.

“Whatever I find I’ll eat. Then I come back here to training and I get pumped. I’m still learning. If I can lose more I will.”

His ongoing struggles are typical of a young person still learning how to be a professional NRL player, as is his mission to improve defence.

It’s a part of his game Hasler has urged Suli to improve.

“I’ve been working on it. It’s always been a struggle for me,” he said.

“I wasn’t a good defender growing up. I’m happy with the way I’m going — I just want to keep backing it up. It’s been good so far.”

Suli will face off with St George Illawarra centre Tim Lafai when the two clubs clash at WIN Stadium on Saturday.

Suli has been copping plenty about his weight for ages now, and we are also hearing all about how we need equality etc, but imagine the outrage later in the season if a coach dropped a player in the women’s comp for not being the correct weight

Suli has been copping plenty about his weight for ages now, and we are also hearing all about how we need equality etc, but imagine the outrage later in the season if a coach dropped a player in the women’s comp for not being the correct weight

Compare him to something more professional... Tennis, swimming, hockey, gymnastics.. The women in those sports would do everything to gain an advantage.. Suli will never be an elite player if he can't keep the weight off like the women with discipline who can..

Compare him to something more professional... Tennis, swimming, hockey, gymnastics.. The women in those sports would do everything to gain an advantage.. Suli will never be an elite player if he can't keep the weight off like the women with discipline who can..

You are so right .

Any athlete that carries weight hold them selves back from performing to at their best

It affects energy expenditure

It affects mobility

It affects speed

Any athlete that plays overweight does them selves a disservice .

We've yet to see the true talents from this guy shine through. It's time for him to show what he's really got but if he can't keep up the discipline off field in all areas then he'll never be able to show it on field.

We've yet to see the true talents from this guy shine through. It's time for him to show what he's really got but if he can't keep up the discipline off field in all areas then he'll never be able to show it on field.

Everything evolves in life and so too do premiership winning teams where the superior players form the winning team make up

The moral of the story......

shape up or ship out

I reckon they should give him a few games off the bench and use him as an interchange forward. Pull him aside after 3 weeks and tell him he has to play centre at a certain weight or do 26 more hitups a game as a prop and let him decide.

We need to find/buy an athlete like Bronson Xerri. This guy can run like the wind and pass.
As Bozo says, speed rules l.

Suli is none of these and will be punted by year end.

Overall , think that the signs have been fairly positive for Suli this season to date and disregarding his enforced standing down against Souths . Seems that his positional play in defence has improved despite a couple of lapses and has largely bought into the on field steely resolve and determination that has obviously been instilled into the playing group this season . Even managed a slick pass to his winger Garrick to initially put him in space last week [ which should have pleased "Woodsie "] Always have thought that he can offer that degree of an X factor for Manly if he can stay focused and disciplined both on and off the paddock .

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6