Suburban Upgrades (ie us) torpedoed

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
What you said is true but $300 million to build Penrith stadium stinks. If no other stadiums can get funds let's pull the funds from Penrith stadium and redirect them to hospitals, schools, roads and flood victims. That way no one wins from NRL land and the public get the money for more important things. 👍
I’d say the new cat pen is now in doubt, as the local member is now not in cabinet and has caused a bad situation, and likely continuing trouble, for the Government.

I reckon that whether it goes ahead will depend on the likelihood of the Libs retaining Ayer’s seat in the coming election, with the Libs holding the seat by a slender margin, I’d give it a 50-50 chance at best.

Why not divide Penrith's $300 million between the four promised clubs; Brookie is already somewhat piecemeal. Perhaps they could extend the Centre of Excellence to encompass the hill. Surely $75 million would come close to getting it done!

I’d say the new cat pen is now in doubt, as the local member is now not in cabinet and has caused a bad situation, and likely continuing trouble, for the Government.

I reckon that whether it goes ahead will depend on the likelihood of the Libs retaining Ayer’s seat in the coming election, with the Libs holding the seat by a slender margin, I’d give it a 50-50 chance at best.
Hope so because Penrith don't deserve a brand new stadium.

It's no surprise really. Since when is any Govt going to pour significant amount into sports facilities on the north shore. Too busy arse covering in the westie marginals.
I reckon that you’re spot on Mick, after having several leaders in Federal and NSW governments hailing from the Northern Beaches and North Shore areas, the only way that Brookie gets an upgrade, is if the whole NE of the Sydney metro area turns teal, or God forbid, as there’ll be major attacks of the vapours with the pearls and twin set brigades, red at the next elections.

How can PVL claim to have a contract with the NSW Government over grounds the NRL don't own.... ???

I know it's apples and oranges but it was interesting how ballistic v'landy went about a decision not going his way - he's threatened to take the nrl ball and run to another state.

Yet nrl teams cop it every week and all we get is Annesley shrugging his shoulders saying 'everyone makes mistakes, wotcha gunna do?'

Imagine if the teams went 'well we ain't playing then until we get the two points' (tigers example.)

How can PVL claim to have a contract with the NSW Government over grounds the NRL don't own.... ???
He is talking about accor stadium they have a signed contract from the government to spend 810 million dollars rebuild.

This was the deal for the gf to stay in Sydney until 2042 this is all official.

The nrl than agreed with the nsw government to spend that money on suburban grounds but no contract was signed so the nrl are saying ok we expect you to honour the original signed contract.

I expect this to end up in court.

He is talking about accor stadium they have a signed contract from the government to spend 810 million dollars rebuild.

This was the deal for the gf to stay in Sydney until 2042 this is all official.

The nrl than agreed with the nsw government to spend that money on suburban grounds but no contract was signed so the nrl are saying ok we expect you to honour the original signed contract.

I expect this to end up in court.

THe NRL still don't own any stadium...he has no contract, PVL is full of wind.

Personally feel Vlandys had the state covered anyway but the Leichhardt debacle will make it impossible to get out of for the government.

All 4 grounds should get 100mil for upgrades, fair all round..

The agreement was for in exchange of playing grand finals for the next 20 years in Sydney, the government would remodel Accor Stadium at a cost of $850 million, PVL then suggested, rather than renovate a stadium that is still in great condition, why not pour the money into stadiums that really need fixing up and the government agreed to that, the NRL is insisting on the original agreement be upheld then otherwise all bets about playing GF's in Sydney are off.
A new Penrith Stadium is out and out pork barreling to save Stuart Ayres, who is a dead man walking.

The agreement was for in exchange of playing grand finals for the next 20 years in Sydney, the government would remodel Accor Stadium at a cost of $850 million, PVL then suggested, rather than renovate a stadium that is still in great condition, why not pour the money into stadiums that really need fixing up and the government agreed to that, the NRL is insisting on the original agreement be upheld then otherwise all bets about playing GF's in Sydney are off.
A new Penrith Stadium is out and out pork barreling to save Stuart Ayres, who is a dead man walking.
What time frame did the NSW Govt give PVL???... none

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4