Suburban Upgrades (ie us) torpedoed

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Until a year ago, I worked around there all the time. The thing that always struck me was the advantage the Roosters have and the new facilities at the Stadium will make it even better.
As it was, they had a nice symbiotic relationship with the Swans, great training facilities, state of the art rehab facilities, the best doctors and physiologists working in the area, all in an area where young blokes like to live.
It's not just Uncle Nick and the Giant Sombrero (a band name?), it's a very appealing club.
True, but the inner city and eastern suburbs is also the most expensive region in Australia to live. Rents are 3-4 times that of the western suburbs of Sydney. Home ownership is an even higher percentage. Day-to-day living expenses are also higher (ie petrol, food etc).
So, the salary of an Easts' player doesn't go nearly as far as that of players from other NRL clubs which tells me that they get financial help in other ways....
rental assistance, credit card for certain purchases, cars perhaps???

So true

They have such a advantage in these areas and it's one reason why they are so successful.

Such a huge gap between the big and small Sydney clubs and it's only going to get bigger.
It's clear what clubs the NRL really want ....
  1. Roosters / Souths - New stadium
  2. Penrith - New stadium
  3. Eels - New stadium
  4. Cowboys - New Stadium
  5. Storm - New Stadium
  6. Broncs - amazing stadium
  7. Titans - decent stadium
  8. Knights - decent stadium
It's Super League by stealth. Some of the clubs that have received/ receiving new stadiums already had something that was better.

As much I personally love Brookie. **** house historical grounds like ours just don't cut it anymore. When clubs are recruiting they players have to take that into account and they also aren't what "new" fans want.

As much I personally love Brookie. **** house historical grounds like ours just don't cut it anymore. When clubs are recruiting they players have to take that into account and they also aren't what "new" fans want.
Yep. I know it's unpopular here, but I'd rather go to a modern stadium (except soulless Homebush) than rickety old Brookie.

Yep. I know it's unpopular here, but I'd rather go to a modern stadium (except soulless Homebush) than rickety old Brookie.
It’s much better than it was with the new Bob Fulton stand. Atmosphere has been amazing there this year. I had
Multiple people tell me how good it was compared to other stadiums and other codes esp rugby because of the tribal feel coupled with the modern look.

It’s much better than it was with the new Bob Fulton stand. Atmosphere has been amazing there this year. I had
Multiple people tell me how good it was compared to other stadiums and other codes esp rugby because of the tribal feel coupled with the modern look.
We're in the stand at the opposite end. Miserable. Nice to look at the shiny new stand of GA seating. The screen has been significantly diminished by advertising. The toilets are rubbish. The food is rubbish. And then there's the team ... 🤣🤣

At least the toilets at Brookvale appear to be well maintained. I’ve never thought they were crap (cough). Ask Wests’ Tigers supporters how good the busted dunnies are at Leichhardt.

Next season don’t go with the reserved seating. Try your luck in the BFS.:)

True, but the inner city and eastern suburbs is also the most expensive region in Australia to live. Rents are 3-4 times that of the western suburbs of Sydney. Home ownership is an even higher percentage. Day-to-day living expenses are also higher (ie petrol, food etc).
So, the salary of an Easts' player doesn't go nearly as far as that of players from other NRL clubs which tells me that they get financial help in other ways....
rental assistance, credit card for certain purchases, cars perhaps???
Or live elsewhere.

We're in the stand at the opposite end. Miserable. Nice to look at the shiny new stand of GA seating. The screen has been significantly diminished by advertising. The toilets are rubbish. The food is rubbish. And then there's the team ... 🤣🤣
Geeez, I love walking to me seat every week - past the rusty sliding wire fence where the players run out, up the cracking concrete stairs to my plush plastic flip up seat in the Jane Try Stand. Where I can then get my daily work out as I climb over other members until I nestle in cheek to jowl with my neighbour and experience the after fragrance of the $53 .... I'm gunna call it a ..... hotdog, they just consumed. But wait, it's not over. I also then get to experience my own version of an HIA as other members getting to their seat, pound into the back of my head. Upgrades??!! You guys are crazy!!

It's clear what clubs the NRL really want ....
  1. Roosters / Souths - New stadium
  2. Penrith - New stadium
  3. Eels - New stadium
  4. Cowboys - New Stadium
  5. Storm - New Stadium
  6. Broncs - amazing stadium
  7. Titans - decent stadium
  8. Knights - decent stadium
It's Super League by stealth. Some of the clubs that have received/ receiving new stadiums already had something that was better.

So how do you explain PVL wanting money for a significant upgrade to Brookvale?

Discuss.

On the other hand, looks like the club’s timing was perfect on the CoE/grandstand. The ground looks far more impressive with its inclusion, even if some suckers are still paying extra money to squeeze into the two oldest stands.;)

I doubt that the Zoobriff upgrade will go ahead. That always looked like a foolish waste of money.

I may be in the minority but I think Brookie as it stands is pretty good.

Rant warning (bar under the bigscreen):

What fkn blows my mind is the beer queue fmd had to wait 25 minutes in the queue pre kickoff to get 4 beers then went 5 minutes before half time to wait another maybe 30 minutes to get another round. The poor blokes behind us were restricted to 2 beers as it became 20 minutes before final siren or some such nonsense.

2 people serving ffs and poor Mavis* and Betty* were run off their feet.

Some sheila with braids merrily having a chat out the back oblivious to the queue while her poor coworkers were run off their feet. Appalling.

The only real upside was I was spared about 15 minutes of that sh1tshow.

*probably not their real names

What fkn blows my mind is the beer queue fmd had to wait 25 minutes in the queue pre kickoff to get 4 beers then went 5 minutes before half time to wait another maybe 30 minutes to get another round. The poor blokes behind us were restricted to 2 beers as it became 20 minutes before final siren or some such nonsense.

Some sheila with braids merrily having a chat out the back oblivious to the queue while her poor coworkers were run off their feet. Appalling.

Despite my earlier post, I still love Brookie (and will only ever been known as Brookie) but I still wouldn't mind having a new stand like the Fulton Stand. And yes, beer line keeps me under the limit for the drive home - obviously a good thing.

They just seem dreadful At planning catering stuff.
That Members watch training day, everyone was to get a free coffee. They had one bloke, yes one, making coffee for hundreds. They put a halt to coffee orders when he was staring down the barrel of a pile of orders that would take til the end of training.
This stuff is not hard to fix with good will.

They just seem dreadful At planning catering stuff.
That Members watch training day, everyone was to get a free coffee. They had one bloke, yes one, making coffee for hundreds. They put a halt to coffee orders when he was staring down the barrel of a pile of orders that would take til the end of training.
This stuff is not hard to fix with good will.
It might make you laugh (at my stupidity) to know that at the start of the season when I received the Club's request for feedback from members asking what they could do for us this year, I wrote back saying given the ground sponsor, it would be good to provide members with a voucher for 1 free 4 Pines beer (age appropriate of course). Crickets!

Yes, that's why I think we can still put in a performance tomorrow. Extreme optimism!

It might make you laugh (at my stupidity) to know that at the start of the season when I received the Club's request for feedback from members asking what they could do for us this year, I wrote back saying given the ground sponsor, it would be good to provide members with a voucher for 1 free 4 Pines beer (age appropriate of course). Crickets!

Yes, that's why I think we can still put in a performance tomorrow. Extreme optimism!
Hopefully the new bloke is a bit more switched in and offers stuff like this. It would cost so little given they’re a sponsor.
I was daydreaming today (best time for it) that they could have Ross Wilson do a free (they’d obviously pay for it) mini concert at the end of a game one night. Make it a Friday 6pm
Game and they could make a great night out. He’s very good but there’s be lots of Northern Beaches musos they could get as alternatives to Mr Eagle Rock.

Hopefully the new bloke is a bit more switched in and offers stuff like this. It would cost so little given they’re a sponsor.
I was daydreaming today (best time for it) that they could have Ross Wilson do a free (they’d obviously pay for it) mini concert at the end of a game one night. Make it a Friday 6pm
Game and they could make a great night out. He’s very good but there’s be lots of Northern Beaches musos they could get as alternatives to Mr Eagle Rock.
Maybe @bob dylan knows someone who knows someone?? :guitar:

At least the toilets at Brookvale appear to be well maintained. I’ve never thought they were crap (cough). Ask Wests’ Tigers supporters how good the busted dunnies are at Leichhardt.

Next season don’t go with the reserved seating. Try your luck in the BFS.:)
Huhhhh.... We go to different brookvales... Come down the back of the hill if you don't break your neck doing so & find the entrance to what looks like a ww2 bunker. Go in & the stink hits you. Steaming piss. You're bursting so you don't care. When finished you paddle your way out of the cold dank roman vintage open sewer type toilets & make your way back to the hill vowing just to piss yourself next time.

Huhhhh.... We go to different brookvales... Come down the back of the hill if you don't break your neck doing so & find the entrance to what looks like a ww2 bunker. Go in & the stink hits you. Steaming piss. You're bursting so you don't care. When finished you paddle your way out of the cold dank roman vintage open sewer type toilets & make your way back to the hill vowing just to piss yourself next time.
I take back everything I said (in jest) about my seat in the Jane Try Stand!

Have used those heads many times. Not as many as some however, because I plan my trip and avoid alcohol at the football.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7