Suburban Upgrades (ie us) torpedoed

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Huhhhh.... We go to different brookvales... Come down the back of the hill if you don't break your neck doing so & find the entrance to what looks like a ww2 bunker. Go in & the stink hits you. Steaming piss. You're bursting so you don't care. When finished you paddle your way out of the cold dank roman vintage open sewer type toilets & make your way back to the hill vowing just to piss yourself next time.

That's a mansion and luxury to @Terry Zarsoff though.

That's a mansion and luxury to @Terry Zarsoff though.
Compared to life on one of these back in the 1980s and ‘90s - yes, it is:
25A43104-DBD1-42AD-B96F-CC6BFB2114A5.jpeg

Submarine Otway, the then SS-59.

Tues 11 Sep 84, departing Sydney for the EAXA and some more weekly running. We had just returned from a port visit to Newcastle the day before. She is now partially preserved at Holbrook, NSW.

That’s me just forward of the fin, striding purposefully up the fwd casing.

You’re welcome Australia.;)

Now back on topic.

Last edited:
View attachment 22067

Tues 11 Sep 84, departing Sydney for the EAXA and some more weekly running. We had just returned from a port visit to Newcastle the day before. She is now partially preserved at Holbrook, NSW.

That’s me just forward of the fin, striding purposely up the fwd casing.

Now back on topic.

And here's a pic from the aftermath of letting you steer...(lol)

iu

If you peek through the free flood holes on the screens (the sides of the casing) on the port side, closer to the fin than the bow from memory, you might still be able to see some graffiti we daubed in there (on the stbd side of course) about the same time as the photo I posted was taken.

We were high on the fumes of tar epoxy paint. What a feeling.

Last edited:
If you peek through the free flood holes on the port side, you might still be able to see some graffiti we daubed in there about the same time as the photo I posted was taken.

We were high on the fumes of tar epoxy paint. What a feeling.

Hopefully the graffiti reads: 40-0! lol

I hope they left it. I read some volunteers painted it but maybe they left the inside untouched.

Anyway, you do look purposeful striding away from the fin, obviously just after telling the captain to shove it!

Subs fit in well with this thread title.

Hopefully the graffiti reads: 40-0! lol

I hope they left it. I read some volunteers painted it but maybe they left the inside untouched.

Anyway, you do look purposeful striding away from the fin, obviously just after telling the captain to shove it!

Subs fit in well with this thread title.
The casing is mostly fibreglass so it’s not painted on the inside. Obviously the pressure hull is, which is what we were painting.

Our nicknames were still there the last time I looked in 2009, or maybe 2013.

The CO back then was LCDR John Hodges, RAN.

Last edited:
View attachment 22067

That’s me just forward of the fin, striding purposefully up the fwd casing.

Now back on topic.
Lucky action shot of the exact moment the guy at the front trips on a banana peel!

I love every home game I attend once a year, great stadium, easy access etc etc etc. Suncorp's a great stadium 🤭

I received a pretty solid and long reply today from Dom Perrottet from a letter I wrote December 2021 (what's 8 months among friends haha) of his (and his team's) stance on Brooky oval and the need for an upgrade. Quite interesting I guess.

I received a pretty solid and long reply today from Dom Perrottet from a letter I wrote December 2021 (what's 8 months among friends haha) of his (and his team's) stance on Brooky oval and the need for an upgrade. Quite interesting I guess.

Did he have anything of value to say? Or just reiterated the money was going to flood victims?

Did he have anything of value to say? Or just reiterated the money was going to flood victims?
Hey mate: It's a PDF. I just screenshot it & attached it, but deleted it because it had my address showing. Sorry bud. Some of the characters on this forum absolutely have no boundaries (as seen recently), and would probably turn up to my place with a handgun or something if I suggested Des was out dated.

Last edited:
Worked it out:
Dear Doom

Thank you for your correspondence of 17 December 2021 to the Premier of NSW regarding the need for an upgrade of Brookvale Oval. Your correspondence has been referred to me for reply and I apologise for the delay in responding.

As you are aware, Brookvale Oval is owned by Northern Beaches Council. Council is responsible for maintaining the Oval to a standard suitable for National Rugby League and other events, and this also includes spectator and community safety. I would encourage you to raise your concerns directly with Council.

The NSW Government committed $20 million towards the Manly Warringah Sea-Eagles Centre of Excellence at Brookvale Oval. The facility, as part of the new northern grandstand, is now complete and will provide the club and broader community with an uplift in amenity on event and non-event days. The Centre of Excellence includes high performance training and administration facilities for the club’s men’s and (future) women’s NRL teams as well as pathway participants. The facility also features dedicated multipurpose community facilities that will allow the club to expand its community programs, initiatives, and engagement.

As part of its suburban grounds’ strategy, the NSW Government has consulted key stakeholders regarding a potential redevelopment of Brookvale Oval, including Northern Beaches Council and Australian Rugby League Commission.Thank you for your interest in this matter.

Sincerely,

Karen Jones
Chief Executive

Last edited by a moderator:
Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8