"Studs up grub": Slater mega thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Thought Slaters was an accident, Grade 1 if anything. Thought Smith should have been penalized after video Ref had a look but after the Grand Final head butt nothing surprises me with the pink bats anymore.

Smith's treatment of Ballin was beyond grubby and I can't believe that even the commentary team on fox, sort of made a joke about it, 'well..er..don't grab me by the jumper'.
He clearly smashed Matty.B in the face at least 3 times. It was pathetic and I think our club should react to this and ask for some clarification on why there was no action against this.
They began the game with a lifting tackle on Choc and just got dirtier by the minute. :mad:
I'm unemotional about the Slater incident even though he has some previous form. If one of our guys did that I wouldn't want them to sit out for too long.

Too close to origin - nothing will happen to the big 2 they know it too. They have a license to get grubby this time every year with impunity

Slater will get nothing - nothing in the tackle imo.

This is what should've happened with the Smith incident - we get penalised against (Ballin was slowing the play down).
Smith gets cited (should get done for each elbow ie 70 points socould miss 2-3 weeks)

Scam smith should have been stripped of the aust captainacy after his actions following mckinnon tackle on the field. totally unacceptable.

As others have mentioned, the fact this scummy team continues to blatantly use the "lift" as a team tactic is an absolute disgrace. NRL administration you are pathetic and need to take a stand, before others won't be able to...

How the f#@&% Scam got away with his treatment of Ballin, right in front of ref???! and vid ref reviewed and saw nothing wrong?! and Ballin cops a warning - you're bloody kidding arent you?! this decision changed the outcome of the entire game. Manly deserved the win.

Slater I can understand, although it shows how inconsistent the rulings are since Wolf had to go off with concussion leaving us with only 16 players.

Smith should be cited, but he won't be. And Kingy got a weeks holiday after the Parramatta game for a nothing incident.......

Unfortunately the refs and the judiciary have a bad habit of letting the top flight rep players getting away with stuff that most others would be on a holiday for. Especially around Origin time.

If Jim Comans was still alive and heading the judiciary, Slater and Smith would not be seen again until near the finals...at least.

http://www.nrl.com/TelstraPremiership/NewsVideo/Judiciary/tabid/10246/Default.aspx
Cameron Smith Storm-Dangerous Contact - Forearm Grade 1-75
Billy Slater Storm-High Tackle - Careless Grade 1-75

Charge for Slater seems fair - except he should have many more carryover points for all the grubby things he has gotten away with over the years.

5 or 6 lifting tackles in the game and only one player charged for one tackle.

Now as for Captian Scum, how was that grade 1?

Great deflection by the Scum. By coach no-show at the press conference they managed to take the media discussion away from the dangerous and illegal tactics and make it all about a video call that almost everyone agreed with anyway. Weekend shows just had a quick look at the elbows to Ballin's head and dismissed it as a minor charge if any.

Just cop the 75 carryover points and play this weekend Captain Scum.

Go on!

Just don't whinge this time if you get another minor charge in the finals...

what a ****wit that bloke is. Aside from just his general grubbery whether a queenslander or new south Welshman surely people can agree driving the elbow into the spine of a defenseless Morris is a disgusting play. In my book whether it's illegal or not its a complete lack of class and sums him up as a footballer. The first one to cry foul if it's something against him but also the first to resort to being a grub if he thinks he can get away with it. Words can't describe how much I dislike him as a footballer!

The entire QLD team were grubby. How many late hits were there on the kicker. They got away with so many that were seconds after the ball had been kicked. often tackles around the legs. Absolutely should have ben penalised time and time again

what a ****wit that bloke is. Aside from just his general grubbery whether a queenslander or new south Welshman surely people can agree driving the elbow into the spine of a defenseless Morris is a disgusting play. In my book whether it's illegal or not its a complete lack of class and sums him up as a footballer. The first one to cry foul if it's something against him but also the first to resort to being a grub if he thinks he can get away with it. Words can't describe how much I dislike him as a footballer!
Grub is putting it very nicely. He does most of his tackles with his feet( studs first ), every time he catches a bomb he does a scissor kick so big people in the crowd have to duck. If he wasn't bum buddy's with Cameron Smith he would have spent more time on the side lines than Hoppa.

I texted my QLD mate about that when it happened. My text read
"Rat Dog that Slater"
His read
"Yes"

Queensland continue to get away with stuff, while there are lilly livered officials prepared to turn a blind eye, Slater and captain drizzle are from the Bellyache win at all costs culture, Slater for years has been doing stuff like that, using his legs to prevent tries. lashing out with his feet when fielding bombs and how is his shoulder charge last night on Dugan not reported??

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8
8 4 4 -60 8