"Studs up grub": Slater mega thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
it was low. almost as bad as macdougall on toovey

Yes, he deserves what he gets. Worst part he didn't even do it properly, Skandalis didn't even flinch when he kicked him

If I were him I'd pull out the tape of the 1997 Grand Final and that disgusting low act by the drug cheating Adam McDougall.

He got off scot free for planting his boot square in toovey's face and shredding it to ribbons.

An interesting precedent one would think?

Also, on the Hill incident - a little tap on the shoulder to get the ref's attention. Can anyone remember - did Roach get 2 weeks for patting the ref on the head in a game against the Panfers in 1988?

That MacDougall incident still gives me nightmares - I often wake up in a cold sweat shouting, "You no good dirty drug-cheater, stomping on our Tooves' face!". Toovey's once boyish face was never the same after that. And he wasn't even penalised! Didn't they score on that set of six?

I think he may have got more than 2 weeks for patting Eddie Ward on the head. I recall he might have got 4 or 5 weeks and missed the GF because of it.

Nah, he missed the GF for a high shot. That was the 1988 GF.

Of course in 1989 he was famously benched.

If I were him I'd pull out the tape of the 1997 Grand Final and that disgusting low act by the drug cheating Adam McDougall.

He got off scot free for planting his boot square in toovey's face and shredding it to ribbons.

An interesting precedent one would think?

Also, on the Hill incident - a little tap on the shoulder to get the ref's attention. Can anyone remember - did Roach get 2 weeks for patting the ref on the head in a game against the Panfers in 1988?

I dont think you can use as evidence as the NRL was only formed in 1999, cases prior to 99 have no bearing nowdays. At least I think I heard that was the case.

it was low. almost as bad as macdougall on toovey

That was aswift edit from "O davis" to "Mcdogall".

But don't think your faux pas did not go unnoticed, Mr Invincible..........

Can anyone remember - did Roach get 2 weeks for patting the ref on the head in a game against the Panfers in 1988?

Was against us Mata 1990 at Brookie, Blocker got a $5000 fine and 4 weeks. Full page story about it in todays Telegraph because of the Hill incident.

I can correct this:

In the 3rd last round in 1988 we beat the Tigers 8-4. During the match they were disallowed a try and Roach protested. That's when he patted the refs head and called him a "f...ing wombat" I remember this as it was the first game I ever went to.

He copped a fine for it.

When Balmain played Penrith in the playoff for 5th position a few weeks after, he king hit Chris Mortimer and copped a 4 match suspension. Ulitmately it meant he'd miss the GF as the Tiges battled their way to the big one from 5th position.

They beat us 19-6 in the 4th v 5th playoff. Remember that too coz I was there.

That MacDougall incident still gives me nightmares - I often wake up in a cold sweat shouting, \"You no good dirty drug-cheater, stomping on our Tooves' face!\". Toovey's once boyish face was never the same after that. And he wasn't even penalised! Didn't they score on that set of six?

Crush I was sitting right where that incident took place and got told to tone it down by security after losing the plot at McDougall and the ref - yep I'm pretty sure they scored off that set and I was filthy- I lost my voice by the end of that game (actually I do every game) and I still can't believe that prick got away with it...to be honest I'm still livid we should've won that grand Final!

I was fairly sure it was against us at Brookie but had no idea of the year. Blocker abused the touch judge and patted Edddie Ward because he knew he was only acting on the touchies report. Paper quotes 1990 but jurno is a Frank Crook so he may be living up to his surname

So Billy Slater is up for a charge for the 3rd time this year, shouldnt the league step in and say 3rd strike and your out, suspend him for the rest of the year to have a think about what he is doing
He may be a good player but he is turning into a thug

100% agree. We are seeing yet another example of the judiciary digging themselves another hole. Im not sure about the rest of the season, but something needs to be done to stop repeat offenders. Perhaps a community service scheme or something. Weeks on the sideline mean nothing when your still getting paid.

Is anyone else of the opinion that the ****in little grub aka Billy Slater should be rubbed out for a while.

That little gem he pulled when Robertson scored his first try was a dog act of the highest order, going in sprigs first after Robbo had scored and nailing him in the arm with his boots.

Dont know what it looked like at the ground but it was not a goodun.

but of course he will get off.

yeah i was blowing up about Slater too the little turd.....not surprisingly the commentators didn't seem to notice  ::)

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8