"Studs up grub": Slater mega thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Does anyone know where the match review commitee's charges come out on the net first ? Would it be the NRL site or possibly foxsports ?

WESTIE said:
Does anyone know where the match review commitee's charges come out on the net first ? Would it be the NRL site or possibly foxsports ?

After Craig Bellamy goes through the video of the match and decides whether or not Billy has a case to answer.

A shoulder charge itself does not mean a citing-there has to be contact with the neck or head or some other dangerous contact to make it worth more than a penalty. As much as I hate the weasel I don't think he has anything to worry about after last night.

He can kick people in the face, shoulder charge them, high shots, grapple tackle and break their necks . . . . what would he have to do to get 'on report'? Like, to make it CERTAIN ?????

I think he would have to either:

1. Bite them,
2. head but them,
3. murder them with a gun or
4. Sick his mother in law on to them

susan said:
A shoulder charge itself does not mean a citing-there has to be contact with the neck or head or some other dangerous contact to make it worth more than a penalty. As much as I hate the weasel I don't think he has anything to worry about after last night.

How did Horhay get put on report for a "shoulder charge" on Nightingales rib cage then ?? I know it didn't get past the MRC, but how did they justify a report in the first place ?

Jorge got off because of the reasons I stated-no dangerous contact. The reason he was reported is simple - he plays for the Manly Warringah Sea Eagles.

Cliffymagic said:
see everingham copped 3 weeks for shoulder charge on bowen, cant find any footage of it to compare to billys thou D:

I heard Ray Hadley Jr, aka Chris 'Bra Straps' Smith, whinging about this - i.e. B.Stewart getting off, whilst the Everingham cops 3 weeks. Sounds like the refs are cottoning onto this grub.

EagleFromMay1967 said:
He can kick people in the face, shoulder charge them, high shots, grapple tackle and break their necks . . . . what would he have to do to get 'on report'? Like, to make it CERTAIN ?????

I think he would have to either:

1. Bite them,
2. head but them,
3. murder them with a gun or
4. Sick his mother in law on to them

He would get off any of those with an early plea anyway.

Since I am computer illiterate I cannot post a link and I think that with the log in used by the telegraph it won't work anyway.

But they have run a story yesterday and today about "Teflon Billy Slater" how he appears to do things and never get cited after SOO 2 and the elbow to Maloney.

I can think of several occasions where 'Teflon Billy' was never cited.

It'll be interesting to see what happens over the next couple of weeks.

fox sports will do the trick.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/nrl-premiership/is-queensland-fullback-billy-slater-untouchable/story-fn2mcuj6-1226673357387#.UdUCrDu0KFs

A pity gallen was so diplomatic.

didn't need unearthing as we all know what a grub he is the only ones that turn a blind eye to it are the nrl, judiciary and mrc

MissKate said:
didn't need unearthing as we all know what a grub he is the only ones that turn a blind eye to it are the nrl, judiciary and mrc

Don't forget the commentators who seem to miss every mistake he makes and every indiscretion is followed by the comment "Its not part of his game".

I'll never forget that doozey where he lost us the World Cup Final to the Kiwis. His birth certificate should be checked. Because, hang on, he plays for QLD in SOO, so . . . . no matter.

The worst one for me were the boots into the ball and player as they were going over the try line. How he got away with that was beyond me.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8