Pre-Game Storm v Manly [Round 12, 2022]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

28 8
AAMI Park
26 May 2022 07:50 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully Hughes and NAS still missing, so I give us a good chance. The long odds are probably in the expectation Manly's morale will be shattered by the loss of Turbo for the season. Which it might be ... but it might not be. If we start well anything can happen.
Hughes is a big out for the Storm. I've always thought he's their best most consistent player
So I really hope he's still out. Any news?

And NAS is strong too. Is he expected to be missing as well?

I really believe as much as our last minute dramatic loss was a heartbreaking for our boys .
We were dominating and leading for most of game and playing great footy and possibly the best we have played all year which would have given our boys some heart and confidence to believe in them selves that they are capable of winning against the Storm .
I agree with you that a great start to the game is paramount for us to build confidence and momentum .

I hope Hughes plays , I hope we face them with their full orchestra
Beating the Strom on their home ground would propel us to the next level
We need a Big win to make a Big Statement that we are not fcking flat track bullies !
Fair enough mate, and I usually feel the same about playing against the best line up the opposition has. But we've been so disadvantaged by the refs...and probably will be again, that I would be happy to see Hughes and NAS missing. It's not like we have our full strength team either.

Wow the swing by pereira on the last and birdie by your man. Looks like a play off coming up.
Well @Sheikheagle it was finally a great finish in a major but poor old Wills putter let him down. Still puzzled as to why they play 2 of the easiest holes on the course in a playoff. Well at least I won’t have to back up the anxiety of riding out a game v Melb with $170 on it! Lol

Fair enough mate, and I usually feel the same about playing against the best line up the opposition has. But we've been so disadvantaged by the refs...and probably will be again, that I would be happy to see Hughes and NAS missing. It's not like we have our full strength team either.
I appreciate the points you make and understand where you are coming from feathered friend

I believe great character team building comes from big wins against great teams and against all the odds

When was the last time our boys had a big win like that against a top 4 title contender to prove to themselves and the NRL world what they are really capable of and what they are really made of ?

To live up to our legendary clubs benchmark and reclaim our title as the Worlds best
we have to to start defeating the best

Opportunity knocks this Thursday night for our boys to knock off a top 2 side
and rebuild their season through passion and pride !

1639706337179.png

Well @Sheikheagle it was finally a great finish in a major but poor old Wills putter let him down. Still puzzled as to why they play 2 of the easiest holes on the course in a playoff. Well at least I won’t have to back up the anxiety of riding out a game v Melb with $170 on it! Lol

Bad luck mate was a good finish. He will win one soon enough just like Cam Smith. JT has one the best overall games on the tour hard to beat.

Bad luck mate was a good finish. He will win one soon enough just like Cam Smith. JT has one the best overall games on the tour hard to beat.
JT outstanding player - probably should have won more tbh. Putting let’s him down a bit too. But how bout Pereira choke on 18! I had flashbacks of Adam Scott’s choke in the Open in 2012. But seriously (and I won’t clog up this thread any longer with golf talk) can you imagine the nerves standing on the 18th tee with a one shot lead to win a major. Just shows these guys really are human hey. Pereira said afterwards he was so nervous today and it really showed on that last tee shot. Feel for the guy.

JT outstanding player - probably should have won more tbh. Putting let’s him down a bit too. But how bout Pereira choke on 18! I had flashbacks of Adam Scott’s choke in the Open in 2012. But seriously (and I won’t clog up this thread any longer with golf talk) can you imagine the nerves standing on the 18th tee with a one shot lead to win a major. Just shows these guys really are human hey. Pereira said afterwards he was so nervous today and it really showed on that last tee shot. Feel for the guy.

Yeah definitely felt for him yet to win on the tour so nerves would have been enormous. I get nervous standing over a putt for a lottery ticket 😂

I appreciate the points you make and understand where you are coming from feathered friend

I believe great character team building comes from big wins against great teams and against all the odds

When was the last time our boys had a big win like that against a top 4 title contender to prove to themselves and the NRL world what they are really capable of and what they are really made of ?

To live up to our legendary clubs benchmark and reclaim our title as the Worlds best
we have to to start defeating the best

Opportunity knocks this Thursday night for our boys to knock off a top 2 side
and rebuild their season through passion and pride !

View attachment 21157
Mate, I get what you're saying.
It's true, we haven't beaten a truly top side in ages
And we should be capable of doing that if we're to be taken seriously.

Although some teams will get to play Storm or Penrith during origin and will meet them while not at full strength.
Anyway, I agree - gotta beat the best to be considered the best
We'll smash 'em even if they have Hughes and NAS hahaha !!

Yeh I'm on.

Tom gone for the season, you know it might just release a bit of the pressure of expectation of season 2022.

If Tom's out, does just one thing and results in a change of mindset from out scoring, to conceding the least.

Our boys can be a better team, for it yet.

Its time to just go out and have some fun.

I fly home from Darwin on Thursday , arrive Brissie about 6pm.

Should get home by around 7.30pm

BUT, I won’t be worried if the planes late.

Melbourne won’t lose three in a row.

I fly home from Darwin on Thursday , arrive Brissie about 6pm.

Should get home by around 7.30pm

BUT, I won’t be worried if the planes late.

Melbourne won’t lose three in a row.
I hope you had an Awesome time in Darwin and you have a safe flight home just in time to watch our Sea eagles overcome adversity and weather the storm

You are right in saying Melbourne do not usually lose three in a row
Melbourne do not usually lose 40 to nil in Grand finals either except for when they Play Manly
Melbourne are playing Manly Thursday night and I am looking forward to the usual unusual :)

I won't be watching it. I can't put myself through this irritating referee farce week after week anymore. It's eroding my enjoyment of weekends before they even start.
Yep this week and many more others are becoming so not enjoyable to watch our games. I will continue to love this club and are so desperate to see us return to the proud status we once held, but this weekend can't bring myself to watch another flogging.

It's so sad that we are only the end of May and already we are done for 2022.

Makes this year so long.

Yep this week and many more others are becoming so not enjoyable to watch our games. I will continue to love this club and are so desperate to see us return to the proud status we once held, but this weekend can't bring myself to watch another flogging.

It's so sad that we are only the end of May and already we are done for 2022.

Makes this year so long.
Chin up mate, their not that invincible anymore. The question has to be asked, is the Storms slide in form going to continue or do they bounce back against us. A slump in form usually goes for a few games or more if your one of the top sides. We having nothing to lose now and will go to Aami park intent on playing our best footy, they could be missing Hughes and NAS, big out for them. We'll improve from the Parra game and show everyone what we're made off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4