Storm tactics - Excellent Fox article

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
They are a club of win at all cost
They cheat , manipulate , dirty tactics , They push the boundaries even to the extent of injuring opposing players
We all like to win but they take it to next level which isn’t in the best interest or spirit of the game or opponents
They continue to get away with it and live in denial that they are doing anything wrong

Yeah it was Crawleys beef last night on 360 and he hit it on the head. And I’m sick of people continuing to say “but they are the best at bending the rules” I don’t give a f*** bending the rules is different to putting players in dangerous positions and injuring players. The two shots they played last night of Nelson Ass Mona and Bromwich in those side twist crusher tackles is nothing short of abhorrent. How Nelson is playing this week is beyond me. Ffs this team has already been responsible for putting a bloke in a wheel chair for life and these tactics continue. These side crusher twist tackles will break another players neck. Disgrace! Sorry I didn’t read the article just assume it related to what Crawley raises last night.

Really it all comes down to one person , Craig Bellamy.

You can blame their players but he’s loading the gun and they are just pulling the trigger.
Do you think the leadership group have an input into Bellamy’s tactics though
Or senior members confer with Bellamy about the tactics
Or they just puppets and Bellamy pulls the strings and if they don’t fit in they just move them on ?

Ffs this team has already been responsible for putting a bloke in a wheel chair for life.

“But he ducked his head and did it to himself” , this mob make me absolutely sick

Also always hated the garbage about Saint Billy holding onto Wolfmans neck, any player would have done the same, and 10mins later he was throwing elbows at DCE like the piece of filth that he was

Simple fact is that unless they get penalised... why would they stop?

They’ve perfected a tackling technique, utilising several players, that allows them to trap the ball runner, hold him immobilised until the “held” call, and then topple the player to the ground. Optimally, it takes two players to hold and one to topple him late, all of which buys seconds of time to get the defensive line set and ready.

One player then retreats directly behind the ruck whilst the other two climb off as slowly as possible and move into the marker position.

And it’s all legal. To be honest, whilst it ****s me to tears, I can’t help but have a twinge of admiration for how well they manipulate the rules and officials to their advantage and how well they use this play to “normalise” the ruck speed from the first set off the game..

Referees seem loath to penalise them in the ruck, so once they’ve got away with it early in the game they tend to allow that “ruck tempo” to continue the rest of the game and this is to their advantage in a massive fashion...

The other grubby tactics?? f**ken kick the merkins out, or let punches be thrown. The **** they get away with now would have seen them break the cap in dentistry alone many years ago ffs. The players would have sorted it out “unofficially”

It’s not solely the storm’s fault. It’s more the incompetence of the idiots who run our game who turn a blind eye to it all because they are so desperate to be successful in Melbourne. They know this and therefore push the limits constantly. Nothing will be done until the game becomes consistent and fair dinkum again.

I always say it, 2005 was the best year of NRL as far as on field quality is concerned. We have gone way backwards since then.

Two problems with the Scumo's endless spoiler tactics

1) NRLHQ are not directing the Refs to police actions designed purely to hurt a player and slow down play

2) The game of Rugby League is being bastardized by allowing wrestling

We all were drawn to the speed, aggression and ball playing skills of the game last century.

Now it's stop/start wrestle mania and very little free flowing league :swear:

I have a new respect for the CEO of a club I despise slightly less than the filthy storm and Smith and Bellamy. Those two are responsible for everything that that is wrong in league
I hate watching them wrestle I find it boring and against the spirit of the game.
I find it incomprehensible that Bellamy and Scam are held as heroes and visionary s when in fact they must be turning people off the game and more importantly mothers letting their kids play it. Further that dribbler who is the current CEO can't see the above.
After 20years in that city it hasn't got any real traction AFL or whatever they call it will always be the premier winter sport. They would be better to re locate it as the 2nd Brisbane team. Greenburg Smith Bellamy the axis of evil, get rid of these stains on the game
Anway good on u Richo for calling them out for the cheats they are.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4