Storm tactics - Excellent Fox article

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
But of course NOTHING will happen or change.

We are wasting our time as the Storm have been anointed the future of the NRL. The NRL celebrate a Grand Final win the Storm lost by cheating. You can't say more about the self interest the NRL have than the fact they don't get the big picture of what's the best thing for the game and what inspires the stars of tomorrow. Maybe the mystic values we loved as kids is now gone and all it is a business / shareholders / and players just want the $'s and don't give a rats about the supporter.

For goodness sake after our teams resurgence this year, they get out there in the media and bring in KPI's that highlight the need for Manly to relocate. How disgraceful is that. 2 weeks ago on the afternoon Brookie game we had the Largest turnout for the whole round. They give us crap times so no one turns up! Give us Sunday 4pm or 2pm games we would have the biggest crowds every week. How cool is to see kids running around on the ground after the game, these activities makes kids league supporters for life. It shouldn't be what Channel 9 and Foxtel want, the game and it's success should be paramount.

That is my rant for the week, hope it was coherent, I'm get a glass of Shiraz from the Hunter Valley!

But of course NOTHING will happen or change.

We are wasting our time as the Storm have been anointed the future of the NRL. The NRL celebrate a Grand Final win the Storm lost by cheating. You can't say more about the self interest the NRL have than the fact they don't get the big picture of what's the best thing for the game and what inspires the stars of tomorrow. Maybe the mystic values we loved as kids is now gone and all it is a business / shareholders / and players just want the $'s and don't give a rats about the supporter.

For goodness sake after our teams resurgence this year, they get out there in the media and bring in KPI's that highlight the need for Manly to relocate. How disgraceful is that. 2 weeks ago on the afternoon Brookie game we had the Largest turnout for the whole round. They give us crap times so no one turns up! Give us Sunday 4pm or 2pm games we would have the biggest crowds every week. How cool is to see kids running around on the ground after the game, these activities makes kids league supporters for life. It shouldn't be what Channel 9 and Foxtel want, the game and it's success should be paramount.

That is my rant for the week, hope it was coherent, I'm get a glass of Shiraz from the Hunter Valley!
Long way to drive for a glass of wine.

Ikin is now the scums official publicist.
What a suck up job that was.
It's nauseating when these 'expert's' use the term 'best at it'.
If you are up to something detrimental to the game, you are not the best at it but the worst in making the game look like a game people wouldn't let their kids play especially where neck is concerned.
And yes Max was 100% correct.
The stuff those grubs do is a dangerous, bad look...

Ikin is now the scums official publicist.
What a suck up job that was.
It's nauseating when these 'expert's' use the term 'best at it'.
If you are up to something detrimental to the game, you are not the best at it but the worst in making the game look like a game people wouldn't let their kids play especially where neck is concerned.
And yes Max was 100% correct.
The stuff those grubs do is a dangerous, bad look...
Yes I could not understand why Ikin was defending them. Ridiculous.

It is plain as day what the Storm are doing and the NRL does nothing to kerb these dirt tactics. It is a blight on the game. When will the NRL make a stand and change the rules to stop this from happening? Reduce the interchange, have a maximum of 2 in a tackle. There are things the NRL can do but they refuse to act. Instead they introduce ridiculous rules such as the one man strip (which is turning the game into rugby).

It is plain as day what the Storm are doing and the NRL does nothing to kerb these dirt tactics. It is a blight on the game. When will the NRL make a stand and change the rules to stop this from happening? Reduce the interchange, have a maximum of 2 in a tackle. There are things the NRL can do but they refuse to act. Instead they introduce ridiculous rules such as the one man strip (which is turning the game into rugby).
I think as someone pointed out earlier that the p*ssweak administration won't touch this.
Because it's the scum.
Those changes would make a massive difference so would a 3 second play the ball which I've looked at when watching games and in fact most clubs adhere to but these pr*cks would find some way around it...

It’s not solely the storm’s fault. It’s more the incompetence of the idiots who run our game who turn a blind eye to it all because they are so desperate to be successful in Melbourne. They know this and therefore push the limits constantly. Nothing will be done until the game becomes consistent and fair dinkum again.

Nailed it. Unless its something "big" like the mass salary cap rorting they got done for, the NRL generally turn a blind eye to what the Drizzle do because having a successful team in Melbourne, the very heart of AFL territory, is good for business. And you're right, Melbourne know that and exploit it to its fullest.

And the worst part is that somehow I get the feeling that if Melbourne's salary cap cheating was found out now.....no way would Greenturd come down on them as hard as Gallop and co. did back in 2010. In fact, we'd probably have a similar situation to Doesn't-matta where the NRL would bend over backwards to help them.

It wont change while that slimey Greenturd runs the show. You see its a simple equation. the Drizzle means TV ratings in Mexico and they are stuffed if they dont qualify for the finals. They have produced a total of 1 local Melbourne junior in their history, they are a Queensland team based in Victoria.

The price the game is paying for allowing this mob to be successful is telling. People are fed up with wrestle mania which is standard when you play them, pushing the rules to the limits, and then their friends in the News Filth press fawn over them and vindicate and justify their existence.

They are what the NRL has made them!!

“But he ducked his head and did it to himself” , this mob make me absolutely sick

Also always hated the garbage about Saint Billy holding onto Wolfmans neck, any player would have done the same, and 10mins later he was throwing elbows at DCE like the piece of filth that he was

It' a garbage argument.

Ivan Milat allegedly once helped an old lady cross the road, does that make him a good person too.......

Yeah it was Crawleys beef last night on 360 and he hit it on the head. And I’m sick of people continuing to say “but they are the best at bending the rules” I don’t give a f*** bending the rules is different to putting players in dangerous positions and injuring players. The two shots they played last night of Nelson Ass Mona and Bromwich in those side twist crusher tackles is nothing short of abhorrent. How Nelson is playing this week is beyond me. Ffs this team has already been responsible for putting a bloke in a wheel chair for life and these tactics continue. These side crusher twist tackles will break another players neck. Disgrace! Sorry I didn’t read the article just assume it related to what Crawley raises last night.

Don't be too hard on the NRL old mate .... they did say they were going to come down hard on anyone who throws a boot away ...

There is always a bit of scuttlebutt floated in the media about Storm wrestling around this time of year but it has definitely blown up bigger this year. Smells like it might be setting the scene for another significant Storm suspension at finals time.
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

I wouldn’t say Ikin was defending them, just pointing out that as it stands their visits to the judiciary are rare so what they are doing whilst maybe not in the spirit of the game isn't copping the wrath of the Match Review Committee. He had to play devil's advocate on 360 as Crawley and Kent were bringing the debate.

Funny thing is that it was Shane Richardson that instigated the issue, he who said George Burgess was a doing it tough after being charged for eye gouging and defends Sam to the hilt despite having at least one dangerous tackle and/or contrary conduct charge a season for as long as we can remember.

Players need to go to the bin, the warriors game last week was another good example. blatant slowing the ruck, and just repeatedly doing it again and again, not worried about giving away penalties. Manlys game is built off the back of quick play the balls and offloads, if teams can get away with it, they will just continue to do it

It wont change while that slimey Greenturd runs the show. You see its a simple equation. the Drizzle means TV ratings in Mexico and they are stuffed if they dont qualify for the finals. They have produced a total of 1 local Melbourne junior in their history, they are a Queensland team based in Victoria.

The price the game is paying for allowing this mob to be successful is telling. People are fed up with wrestle mania which is standard when you play them, pushing the rules to the limits, and then their friends in the News Filth press fawn over them and vindicate and justify their existence.

They are what the NRL has made them!!

Do we actually know how they rate down there ? I mean last time I was down there the game wasn't on free to air till 1130 or so (was awhile ago) so I don't know .All I know is that it is less than a poor cousin to the AFL and more like the red headed step child i.e pretty much unloved,unwanted and "included out" .No offense meant to any red headed step children or adults anywhere
In a sport mad city of 3M they get 10-15k paying ? suckers turn up to watch every other weekend , when the AFL gets what 120k+ each week (I dont know maybe more) and Sydney gets probably 60k+ across all the Sydney teams every weekend i.e 4 to 5 home teams at 10-12k on average .So is it just folly to be turning real fans off league by contriving to get the Storm successful on the ladder(with all their "tactics" and rule bending and cap cheating all blatantly overlooked) so as to try to convert people that have ZERO interest in RL and always will.? I'll answer my own question ...YES .Put that money into grass roots program's in areas that have an appreciation and a love for the game and don't waste it on teams and people that don't. Pretty simple strategy I would have thought ,grow the game where the people who like it are Sydney ,Brisbane and NSW and QLD country

Someone may say well what about GWS and Swans I say to that they have gone grass roots i.e kids in schools and spent a lot of money to do that and on top of that they make it really easy and cheap to get the gear to join a team and play . Greenburg as we know is a Z grade CEO and is not in the same class as Gillen and the AFL ,they have played him and the NRL off a break from day one and continue to do so ,its just not a fair fight
Plus although its quite a collision heavy sport in some respects you don't have people being speared into the ground or having their neck crushed against their shoulder (mommies dont like that Greenburg !!) .You cant punch in league(where no one really got hurt) yet you can trip and get a fine, you can eye gouge not once ,twice or thrice but numerous times before you are suspended and now you can lead with an elbow of sorts (another gift from Bellamy) not to mention all the other things like the 3 or 4 man tackle holding a player up and some goes in low to finish him off and then they lay all over him or the perfectly timed flop alla Smith and Fifita etc ,just bad to watch and BORING
I also remember one of their players talking about the wonderful anonymity playing down there gives you i.e you could rob a bank without a balaclava and no one would know its a 1st grade rugby league player ?/
I said it before Grennburg Bellamy and Smith are the axis of evil in Rugby League terms in my opinion and need to be expunged asap
Anyway Go Manly tonight against the Tigpies

G'day all,I'm another in the only thing Melbourne in them is the name camp,and from day one anyone who thought that somehow they were ever going to make any sort of dent into the popularity of AFL was/is living in la la land.As has been pointed out by others the fact that they have only produced one local player despite their "success" in 20 years of existence is beyond a farce ,its a disgrace.
While I also agree with everyone else who condemns their deplorable tactics and blatant cheating,the leading with the elbow is not something new in my opinion.I can think of many players from previous eras who used it.
cheers mike

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4