Storm tactics - Excellent Fox article

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
They don't get away with it because the NRL are incompetent, they get away with it because the NRL are selectively incompetent.

If Manly started using Storm tactics to any great effect, they would be banned within the month. Even then, Melbourne wouldn't be penalised for it anywhere near as much as any other club would.

They are about to win another minor premiership that the refs have essentially handed to them. They should have lost 5 or 6 games earlier in the season, where they were behind on the score board but the refs kept them in it until they came over the top at the end. I hope we thump them at Brookie, and if a Storm player or 6 were forced to leave the field with severe neck injuries that would be poetic justice.

images.jpeg-15.jpg

This vision just came to me, surely this is merely my paranoia taking over?
Scene: In a corner of an otherwise deserted area at AAMI Park.
Bellamy is whispering to John Donehue in hushed tones.
"Psst, Manly in 2 weeks, their props may have some knee problems... can you come up with a variation of the old Jeff Lima crocodile roll? This conversation never happened."
Donehue says nothing but gives the slightest of winks in response. Then the two men separate, and won't be seen together again for some time...
Camera fades to black. I wake, screaming!!

It’s hilarious reading what the Storm fans are saying on the Facebook pages re this.

Basically defending the indefensible.

I find it highly amusing.

Note, after each comment they get absolutely hammered by other teams fans.

While I also agree with everyone else who condemns their deplorable tactics and blatant cheating,the leading with the elbow is not something new in my opinion.I can think of many players from previous eras who used it.
cheers mike

IIRC, Wally Lewis playing for Brisbane got sent off by Greg McCallum in an early 1989 game at Brookvale for leading with his elbow when being tackled. So no, its not new. Its just something that hasn't been seen regularly in a while.

Brent Read in ‘The American’ today reports that Manly had a wrestling coach (Norm Steel) back in 1996. Someone* sent him a copy of the 1996 MWSE annual report.

* Gee, I wonder who that could be? Possibly a certain ex-News Ltd Squall off-field figure, previously employed by the Sea Eagles.

Brent Read in ‘The American’ today reports that Manly had a wrestling coach (Norm Steel) back in 1996. Someone* sent him a copy of the 1996 MWSE annual report.

* Gee, I wonder who that could be? Possibly a certain ex-News Ltd Squall off-field figure, previously employed by the Sea Eagles.
Next he will be provided the information that our first captain was also, among other things, a professional wrestler...

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8