Storm Brewing?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I'm just waiting for whichever news channel that didn't have the 'exclusive' footage of NAS to roll out the bloke or blokes that he smashed.

To make good tv I bet he will be a 4 foot 3 blind and disabled former army vet who washes stray kittens in his spare time. One of his things is to go about offering bottled water to drunk fools so they dont get too pissed and cause trouble.

On this occasion he tripped on one of the said kittens and the bottle of water he was about to offer NAS broke as he got to his feet Nelson smashed him. Bouncers tried to protect him but couldn't stop NAS.

Well given I work in the media that's the minimum I would want to make it a yarn.....

So....how's the pro storm media spin going?
Looks like Solomona's headed for a VC or a Nobel Peace Prize at the very least. The Queen will probably knight him and sainthood can't be far off....
Michael Carayannis
, The Daily Telegraph
October 17, 2019 8:00pm

Suli Vunivalu feared for his life moments after he was coward punched by at least two people which sparked the wild scenes outside a Bali nightclub involving teammate Nelson Asofa-Solomona.
The Storm winger broke his silence on Thursday telling The Daily Telegraph he “blacked out” and had “no idea” what happened before he was told he had been punched at least twice during an end of season trip with his Melbourne teammates.
He said the hulking Asofa-Solomona saved his life after he feared being set upon for a second time and being placed in a Balinese jail.

Looks like Solomona's headed for a VC or a Nobel Peace Prize at the very least. The Queen will probably knight him and sainthood can't be far off....
Michael Carayannis
, The Daily Telegraph
October 17, 2019 8:00pm

Suli Vunivalu feared for his life moments after he was coward punched by at least two people which sparked the wild scenes outside a Bali nightclub involving teammate Nelson Asofa-Solomona.
The Storm winger broke his silence on Thursday telling The Daily Telegraph he “blacked out” and had “no idea” what happened before he was told he had been punched at least twice during an end of season trip with his Melbourne teammates.
He said the hulking Asofa-Solomona saved his life after he feared being set upon for a second time and being placed in a Balinese jail.
It is an amazing feat how good their memories are after being on the piss all day and night. Again - a lot of this covers Vunivalu being punched inside but less-so the actual incident outside. :fullmoonface: Guess we know what's coming. SN had a story on the judge who was the former head of the judiciary who basically said he deserves a parade.

So how soon before the NRL hands out a "Nelson Asofa-Solomona Bravery Award". Gal will be retro-actively awarded the first for the courage and bravery shown when he punched Nate Myles with his hands down...

It is an amazing feat how good their memories are after being on the piss all day and night. Again - a lot of this covers Vunivalu being punched inside but less-so the actual incident outside. :fullmoonface: Guess we know what's coming. SN had a story on the judge who was the former head of the judiciary who basically said he deserves a parade.

So how soon before the NRL hands out a "Nelson Asofa-Solomona Bravery Award". Gal will be retro-actively awarded the first for the courage and bravery shown when he punched Nate Myles with his hands down...
The Legend grows....it's starting to sound almost Biblical....The Parable of Nelson
“I was so scared they would come at me again,” Vunivalu said. “Nelson looked at me and told me ‘I’ve got your back brother, I will look after you’. We are basically like brothers. We’ve roomed together since 2016. He had seen what they had already done to me and that’s why he acted the way he did.
“He was just protecting me. Anyone would’ve done the same thing for their brother. What do we want him to do? He is a footy player so he isn’t supposed to protect his mate? He would’ve done what any person would have done in his position.
“Had he not done that the situation would’ve ended up a lot worse for me.”

Nobody gets into that circumstance without being a party to it because they're juiced up. Why didn't they leave when things were heating up inside before it got to this point. They're guilty of bringing the game into disrepute and better face substantial punishments.

Wasn't there ... don't know what the truth is ..... but I must confess I would be more sympathetic to the cannonisation of Nelson ... if I hadn't seen the images of them getting ****-faced and acting like mug lairs around the resort pool ... but ... I guess there is a statistical chance that the poor little angels were picked on by big mean boys for no reason .... it is not like they would have drawn any unwanted attention to themselves ...

One would think by now that there would have been available some camera footage of what may have taken place inside the drinking joint and maybe some other observations from other patrons or people that were present there . And no official report from the management of the pub yet ? Irrespective of what happened or occurred inside , the footage that i saw on the outside seemed to show Nelson hardly in control of his actions or conduct . Just seems like more unknowns then knowns at the present time on the matter .

One would think by now that there would have been available some camera footage of what may have taken place inside the drinking joint and maybe some other observations from other patrons or people that were present there . And no official report from the management of the pub yet ? Irrespective of what happened or occurred inside , the footage that i saw on the outside seemed to show Nelson hardly in control of his actions or conduct . Just seems like more unknowns then knowns at the present time on the matter .
Exactly. A competent Integrity Unit or NRL would have had someone on a plane within 48 hours to actually investigate what happened. Despite all the hoo-ha about self defence and saving Vunivalu, the video is a horrendous look for the game, showing a giant unleashing a prolonged series of massive punches with crowds of people close by.
If the NRL investigation is limited to Todd eye-balling Nelson plus someone taking a statement from Vunivalu (who is on record as saying that footballers have to stick up for each other, so obviously he won't say a word contrary to Nelson's interests) then it is a farce even by NRL standards.
This is the kind of thing (and worse) that doubtless occurred and was swept under the matt in decades long past.
I confess I'd feel a bit better about this one being swept under the matt if it wasn't one of the NRL's pet teams involved.

nothing from the punchee??
His silence has already been secured with an ex gratia payment in a Storm embossed paper bag.

LOL - Vunivalu feared for his life. If Vunivalu exhibits the same level of intelligence when off the field on the pi$$ as he does when playing, then it is little wonder someone wanted to tap him in the head.

As for Nelson, if he isn't awarded the Australian (Kiwi) of the Year for his actions then there is something wrong. Anything more Aussie then getting a skinful of Bintangs and brawling with other bogans because they were picking on your d!ckhead mate with the smart mouth who started the whole thing ?? If only the fight had started over the coin queue on a pool table - we would have reached peak Aussie

Last edited:
Regardless of who started it or how/why they ended up in the situation they did, I personally would be grateful to have a mate like Solomona is such a situation. If my mates didnt stick up for me in a situation like that then we would no longer be mates... We probably never will know exactly what played out but isn't it a footballers mentality to stick up for their mates??? We all say the game's gone soft, BRING BACK THE BIFF. We all loved the old school brawls on the field where players stuck up for their teammates, we all loved the battle of Brooky but someone does it on the piss and all of a sudden everyone wants him culled from the game. In the words of that little Greta bird HOW DARE YOU ;)

Interesting comment:

Asked how the Storm prop should have responded, Greenberg said: "Make good decisions. And if you're in a situation like that where there is trouble brewing, walk away. Take yourself out of that situation. And make very smart choices particularly late at night. That is my advice to players."

I wonder if the pro Nelson debate would be so supportive if the man in question on the video pummeling the other lad was Matt Lodge, Maguire, or Kenny Edwards?...

Mmmmm.... me thinks not.

Removing the whole ‘sticking up for a mate’ (which I whole heartedly agree with) business, Nelson continued to be the aggressor on the short video.
You don’t get a green light to continue to assault others because your mate got hit. In the video there appeared to be no reason why Nelson couldn’t have just stopped, went to check on his mate Vunivalu and taken him to a hospital....? Add to the whole debate that the storm players had been publishing their drinking and pool side resort antics on social media all afternoon....please.
It goes both ways. I wonder if the anti solomana comments would be the same if Vunivalu actually got glassed and potentially killed because of a non action by his mates. There is so much speculation that it really is pointless discussing because we do not know the full story. If vunivalu says he feared for his life and witnesses back up their statements then i have no reason not to believe them.

i have no reason not to believe them.
Well it's not like them bringing this on themselves would not have lead to significant repercussions (suspension, sacking, etc.) so they are very invested in a particular narrative being held as the truth and this from an organisation that is, to put it bluntly, shady as ****.

Hence my scepticism on the broader story...

Apparently he has been cleared by NRL integrity unit and is free to play Round 1 NRL. NZRL still to comment regarding potential international sanctions, but seems unlikely they will suspend him if NRL have cleared him

NRL Integrity Unit apparently found “that club security had de-escalated situation after Vunivalu was punched. Nelson saw the bloke who punched him outside some time later. He engaged in brawl. That’s why didn’t get off on self defence “
Also “no evidence Nelson was attacked with a bottle outside club.”
From Wiedler on Twitter.
Which is exactly how it looked on the video.

****ing joke.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8