Storm Brewing?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Sorry that is stupid. Speaking for myself only, I have trained various martial arts many years, have a 100% win record in amateur MMA fights (1-0!) and my suggestion to my mates would be to get in cab and get the **** out of there.
These decisions are always much clearer when you are blind drunk.

So apparently Anasta was there and said Vunivalu was king hit and Asofa had a glass pulled on him. IF this is correct I'm 100% behind solomona. No one condones violence but if your mate gets king hit and then they pull a glass on you then Fight, Flight or freeze would kick in. Every single person in the world would react with one of these options. Obviously Solomanas reaction was to fight. Play on! Maybe stand him down for a few weeks as a sign of punishment but IF these new reports are correct im happy with such a minor punishment.
Problem was that there was no reaction.

The first group left in the vision and then the Scumos followed them and only then did the retaliation happen.
They could have walked in another direction but instead went looking for payback :cool:

Melbourne Storm have just relaesed a media statement stating that the cause of this assault can be sheeted home directly to the "Storm" hatred campaign .. lead by factions of the Australian media and supported by clubs including Manly ... ....

... Is it any wonder that people are driven to violence when we have a concerted and ill informed pogrom of hate aimed and agenda driven against Cameron Smith and the Storm organisation ....

Problem was that there was no reaction.

The first group left in the vision and then the Scumos followed them and only then did the retaliation happen.
They could have walked in another direction but instead went looking for payback :cool:
I guess none of us really know what happened cos we weren't there! How do we know the glass wasnt pulled just before Solomona lets loose? We dont!!! If it were Garrick that got king hit and AFB was the one who reacted like Solomona then I can guarantee your thoughts on this matter would be completely different. In my original post ai stated "IF" these new reports are correct.

I guess none of us really know what happened cos we weren't there! How do we know the glass wasnt pulled just before Solomona lets loose? We dont!!! If it were Garrick that got king hit and AFB was the one who reacted like Solomona then I can guarantee your thoughts on this matter would be completely different. In my original post ai stated "IF" these new reports are correct.
Today's vision on the News shows the timeline clearly - people with phones documenting others life :D

We already have the 'not his go' spin by the Media :shake:

this past season has seen the big fella become more agro and grubby with every match ... gone from being a big young rookie to an even bigger confident alpha male .... photos of him 'preparing' for the nights activities point to yet more alcohol fueled agro ... not saying he started it but being super pissed and among, no doubt, other pissed young men (Bali clubland), is always a recipe for an event like this

their is a big difference between just lashing out unprovoked, as opposed to what has 'maybe' happened here.
Not so much, in fact I'd say the more significant difference may be that this occurred in Bali not Australia. Fyi provocation is not a defence to assault or affray (for the benefit of anyone reading this thread who thinks its a good idea to go and bash the crap out of someone because they hit your mate first).

Not so much, in fact I'd say the more significant difference may be that this occurred in Bali not Australia. Fyi provocation is not a defence to assault or affray (for the benefit of anyone reading this thread who thinks its a good idea to go and bash the crap out of someone because they hit your mate first).
Provocation is not a defence to assault but self defence is providing its reasonable and proportionate. If your mate has been king hit and then these same people pull a glass on you then you are justified in using such force against the threat. Again we dont know the real story and probably never will so its all just speculation anyway. But if the glass was pulled or solomana continued to be threatened outside then he is justified to do what he did.

Provocation is not a defence to assault but self defence is providing its reasonable and proportionate. If your mate has been king hit and then these same people pull a glass on you then you are justified in using such force against the threat. Again we dont know the real story and probably never will so its all just speculation anyway. But if the glass was pulled or solomana continued to be threatened outside then he is justified to do what he did.
If you take the footage at face value, half Nelson is by himself with a bit of a crowd assembled to watch.

He is pointing his finger and yelling at someone. Security looks to be trying to control it.

A security guard gets in front of him and tries to hold/push him back (fails) and Nelson starts throwing bombs over the top of the security at the whoever that person was.

This other person is trying to get away and Nelson is chasing him, grabbing him and continuing to throw bombs.

Vunivalu comes in from the left (off camera) later on so if Nelson is defending him, he has cast a very wide net and waited for ring of people to cordon them off.

The 25 sec video I have (unsure if it's the same length as what was on twitter) looks 100% like Nelson is/attempting to bash someone.

What's reasonable when you are cornered in a closed space is different to what is reasonable outside where you can step away, not to mention when there are crowds around including numerous security. I agree we don't know the whole story here but the published footage doesn't suggest self defence, I agree with @Loobs analysis.

What's reasonable when you are cornered in a closed space is different to what is reasonable outside where you can step away, not to mention when there are crowds around including numerous security. I agree we don't know the whole story here but the published footage doesn't suggest self defence, I agree with @Loobs analysis.
Self defence also requires an imminent threat. It doesn't work if your mate gets punched then 5 minutes later outside you decide you're going to bash someone.

Self defence also requires an imminent threat. It doesn't work if your mate gets punched then 5 minutes later outside you decide you're going to bash someone.
My argument is we cant see if there is a guy holding a glass bottle, how do we know if there is an imminent threat??? You do not need to be cornered in a corner to use self defence! I do cash in transit for a living and we get trained on these scenarios all the time. Running away or "tactical retreat" is an option to get yourself out of a situation but its not your only option. There is sooo many factors that come into it and to base a decision on a 20 second video from accross the road is ludicrous. 4 or 5 of those guys could have been after Asofa out the front, there could be weapons, there could be a threat to harm him. All of these things would lead to acceptable self defence.
In my line of work say a guy runs at me with an axe from 5 or 6 metres away, sure I could run away BUT if i decide to shoot the guy dead I am 100% justified in doing so because "in my opinion" I feared for my safety .... As long as Asofa says "in his opinion" he felt for his safety then you would have to be 100% certain that he is not telling the truth to say that what he did is not justified! And with the small amount of evidence we do have you cannot say 100% he was just being a thug.

My argument is we cant see if there is a guy holding a glass bottle, how do we know if there is an imminent threat??? You do not need to be cornered in a corner to use self defence! I do cash in transit for a living and we get trained on these scenarios all the time. Running away or "tactical retreat" is an option to get yourself out of a situation but its not your only option. There is sooo many factors that come into it and to base a decision on a 20 second video from accross the road is ludicrous. 4 or 5 of those guys could have been after Asofa out the front, there could be weapons, there could be a threat to harm him. All of these things would lead to acceptable self defence.
In my line of work say a guy runs at me with an axe from 5 or 6 metres away, sure I could run away BUT if i decide to shoot the guy dead I am 100% justified in doing so because "in my opinion" I feared for my safety .... As long as Asofa says "in his opinion" he felt for his safety then you would have to be 100% certain that he is not telling the truth to say that what he did is not justified! And with the small amount of evidence we do have you cannot say 100% he was just being a thug.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6