Storm Brewing?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
When did this allegedly occur ?? He got out of Dodge pretty quickly if he is back in Oz already - any other Storm players on the flight or just old Nelson on his Pat Malone ?
Yes. Surely the Bali Police would have wanted him to stick around and answer some serious allegations.
Will he have to return and be subject to a Police investigation, or is the Storm more powerful than the law?

You can buy your way out of anything in Bali but it has to be before you get taken to the station, Doubt the nrl will do much it wasnt in australia and he hasnt been charged with anything to my knowledge.

So true, l got into a disagreement with a couple of guys who were rude towards my wife. After the the Bali cops said if I paid them $2000 Aussie dollars I was free to go if not they would lock me up. Money sure does talk in indo.
You should have offered them 50,000rup,thst was the going price for anything.

So apparently Anasta was there and said Vunivalu was king hit and Asofa had a glass pulled on him. IF this is correct I'm 100% behind solomona. No one condones violence but if your mate gets king hit and then they pull a glass on you then Fight, Flight or freeze would kick in. Every single person in the world would react with one of these options. Obviously Solomanas reaction was to fight. Play on! Maybe stand him down for a few weeks as a sign of punishment but IF these new reports are correct im happy with such a minor punishment.

Last edited:
So true, l got into a disagreement with a couple of guys who were rude towards my wife. After the the Bali cops said if I paid them $2000 Aussie dollars I was free to go if not they would lock me up. Money sure does talk in indo.

South East Asia, including Bali, has some of the most crooked cops money can buy.

I think it will come out these clowns picked the wrong boys to harass.
If Garrick or Parker got king hit, I wouldn't be dirty on Kapow standing up for his mate due to the dog shot.
I do agree if this was Manly, it would be Far bigger news and a longer suspension, but to stick by your mates is an old school expectation....for me anyway.

Story keeps changing. Now there's a glassing threat involved. Next it'll be they pulled a knife or a gun.
Yep the spin is kicking in.... they are using all the right trigger words. "KIng hit", "glassing" - won't be long before NAS is awarded the Ken Stephen medal for his efforts in summary justice, Bali style.

There may be some truth to the story, but as soon as I heard Vunivalu was involved I became a whole lot more cynical about the situation.

Just as an fyi to everyone i got somewhat perspective on something of this nature.
After our Gp win over storm myself and my brother headed out for few beers in orange after family dinner.
My brother ran into a fella (call him tom) he new through friend and chatted like everything was sweet.
Ran into this tom at royal orange he was with local ru club end of year drinks. One of tom friends kinghit my brother in pub and another 5 tried to go further. We where all taken out of hotel.
My brother wrongly followed this group in trying to get retribution and i was bashed and kicked on ground. I had to take 10 days off work and my eye socket is still not completely healed.
I did not go to police as hotel has no cctv footage and where major incident happened there no cctv footage.
But king hitting or coward punching is simply a low dog act and weather there storm players i think good on him for sticking up for his mates.

At the moment I’m with NAS. But if it is proven that Will Chambers was amongst the group, I’m swapping sides.
I’m surprised Buzz hasn’t got an exclusive that the transgressors (phew, had to make sure I got that word right!) werent dressed in Manly gear.

Last edited:
Story keeps changing. Now there's a glassing threat involved. Next it'll be they pulled a knife or a gun.
Yep. Now the owner states they were professional fighters, who knew what they were doing. Then he goes onto say one of them had already punched out his friend earlier in the night.(obviously wasn’t much of a friend if you didn’t boot the bloke out of your own establishment ).
This could become a star studded Hollywood movie by the time all the "facts" are collected. (I’m going with the Rock, Dwayne Johnson to play NAS :punch:).

From Webster in smh:

In truth, according to those who were there, Asofa-Solomona was merely protecting his mates — something that lines up with the ethos of the Storm.

Melbourne coach Craig Bellamy told News Corp: “Nelson is not the sort of bloke to provoke anything. But if a teammate’s in a bit of strife he’ll go in and stick up for him. I know him well and he’ll only get aggressive if someone is being picked on.”

Give me a ****ing break. If this was a Manly player he would be presumed guilty a million times before something like this was written.

If one of us was there in that situation..... and someone king hit our mate, and then threatened you with glass in hand..... there is every chance a lot of us would react in a similar way. If this story is true, I don't think the punishment should be 'over the top'. He did throw a lot of punches, but if the situation was serious, most people would do what they have to do to ensure their safety (and make a point that they picked the wrong dude).
Sorry that is stupid. Speaking for myself only, I have trained various martial arts many years, have a 100% win record in amateur MMA fights (1-0!) and my suggestion to my mates would be to get in cab and get the **** out of there.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8