State of Origin 2023

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Thewestisbest

Reserve Grader
I don't care too much but my thoughts are.

1 the non-selection of Nico Hynes is a complete disgrace.

2 the selections JAC proves the team isnt picked on form.

3 Alex Johnson should of been given a game, this was the perfect opportunity.

4 How Junior Paulo was ever picked over RCG in the first 2 matches was a joke. He is 10KG over weight and has zero lateral movement in defence.

5 Gutherson - seriously.

6 The resurrection of Cody Walker is just plain odd, not that he doesnt deserve to be picked.

7 Brad Parker was unlucky not to be selected considering Bradman Best is in the team.
JAC was controversially omitted from all three games last year. His selection isn't the problem, it's more that the NSW halves have failed to put him into space and utilize his speed.

Looks like Jake is playing the full 80 minutes..

Absolutely sick of Fittler chopping and changing and having no idea about the value of the players he has.

For instance - dropping Jake last year before recalling him after realising that he actually defensively holds the middle together. There was no form slump between Jake getting dropped and Jake getting recalled, Fittler just didn't recognise what Jake provides when Jake was in the squad. Now he's picked Jake at prop with only one prop on the bench, having dropped Haas and Paulo.(?????)

He picked Hynes as the backup half in game one, played him out of position in centre, then dropped him. Now two additional halves have come into the squad who weren't even injured to warrant not being selected in game one to replace the players that Hynes was directly behind.

Matt Burton was the 18th man for games one and two, but now a centre slot opened up, he's picked Bradman Best, and dropped Burton out of the 18 completely.

bob dylan

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
JAC was controversially omitted from all three games last year. His selection isn't the problem, it's more that the NSW halves have failed to put him into space and utilize his speed.

Very true about the halves, but he is down on form but very capable.

jbb/james

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Wow. If you want to see a man react under pressure watch the 360 boys grill brandy alexander about team selection

brandy is generally a cool customer but was tad stroppy

eaglebuzz

Bencher
I am a NSW supporter but I hope QLD win game 3 and win it big, now that the series is lost I just want an utter repudiation of the whole NSW setup. Our selectors need to stop dropping acid before picking the team.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I am a NSW supporter but I hope QLD win game 3 and win it big, now that the series is lost I just want an utter repudiation of the whole NSW setup. Our selectors need to stop dropping acid before picking the team.
Could be an absolute flogging , I’m thinking one of those 50+ games , they want to rub it into our noses.

Ron E. Gibbs

First Grader
Could be an absolute flogging , I’m thinking one of those 50+ games , they want to rub it into our noses.
If it wasn't for not wanting Jake to lose, I'd almost be hoping for a NSW flogging, just to show how inept the selectors and coaches have been. The way they've approached these games and treated their players, they deserve to get pumped.

Pete W

Bencher
Freddy and Joey champion players, absolutely clueless coaches.

Matty Johns would be far more successful. He's the brains in NSW currently

Ryan

Journey Man
Guys, can I ask you all an honest question? If these two players were available to you to sign for ANY club, and you could only sign one, who would it be ?

1. Bradman Best
2. Reuben Garrick

Honestly, how is Garrick never in the picture for SOO? Imagine him in that backline ! Am I just being biased here? I don't get it. He makes Best look amateur..

JAC was controversially omitted from all three games last year. His selection isn't the problem, it's more that the NSW halves have failed to put him into space and utilize his speed
Yep he seemed to go okay at the world cup. It's just this shambles of a team he is playing outside. More passes over the touchline then to JAC this series.

NREagle

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Guys, can I ask you all an honest question? If these two players were available to you to sign for ANY club, and you could only sign one, who would it be ?

1. Bradman Best
2. Reuben Garrick

Honestly, how is Garrick never in the picture for SOO? Imagine him in that backline ! Am I just being biased here? I don't get it. He makes Best look amateur..
Garrick every day.

He works so hard on his game. He's emotionally invested in matches - takes it personally when we are playing poorly and tries to fire up his team mates to do better (he's a toned down version of Jake). Imagine where our team could be if all were like that.

Cliffy's Jockstrap

Reserve Grader
Tipping Member
I think the Blues will get smashed right up the middle, not even Jake will be able to stop it. Bench too light. QLD pick a second hooker/half and 3 big middle forwards. Perhaps wounded by the Turbo disaster Freddy and team pick a general backs-cover, a second hooker, and 2 middles of whom one (Yeo) is a bit less physical although a dogged defender. I think the Blues will simply be overpowered centre field.

Whatever, provided Manly's guys get through OK. I sort of hope QLD clean-sweeps it as I feel Cherry has earned the pleasure.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
15 10 5 77 24
15 9 6 161 20
15 8 7 64 20
14 8 6 60 20
15 7 7 28 19
14 7 7 37 18
15 8 7 -8 18
14 7 7 -50 18