State of Origin 2023

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
So, how exactly did you get this maroon DNA? Greek heritage from Newtown, Sydney. What is the connection to Qld?
If you go back and read along the lines in my post it is self explanatory feathered friend
Newtown had nothing to do with heritage .
If you do not understand you are amongst the many NSW blues that don't understand
Because its not a Blues thing to understand and this is why Blues always lose :)

He’s cooked. The last few years have caught up with him quickly
Yeah and a couple of months ago the Chooks extended him till at least the end of 2025.

That's OK though I foresee a mysterious career ending injury coming up and a full medical retirement and salary cap exemption will apply.

Just some fun Origin facts to lighten the dark mood after Turbo's injury.

All of these were while they were Manly players. Origin stats before or after playing for Manly are not counted here.

Most Origin tries by a Manly player: Dale Shearer (Qld) – 10 (1985–89)
Most Origin goals by a Manly player: Michael O'Connor (NSW) – 24 (1987–91)
Most Origin points by a Manly player: Michael O'Connor (NSW) – 76 (7t, 24g)
Most Origin games by a Manly player: Daly Cherry-Evans (Qld) – 21 (2013–23)
Most Origin games by a Manly coach: Graham Lowe (Qld) – 6 (1991–92)
Most Origin games by a Manly player as Captain: Daly Cherry-Evans (Qld) – 14 (2019–23)

Most Origin games by a Manly player per position:

FB - Brett Stewart (7)
WG - Dale Shearer (13)
CE - Michael O'Connor (13)
CE - Terry Hill (12)
WG - John Ribot (4)
FE - Cliff Lyons (6)
HB - Daly Cherry-Evans (16)
PR - Martin Bella (9)
HK - Geoff Toovey (6)
PR - Ian Roberts (8)
SR - Steve Menzies (6)
SR - Noel Cleal (12)
LK - Paul Vautin (10)

Bench - Anthony Watmough (12), Des Hasler (6), Jake Trbojevic (5), Ray Brown (2)
Nice one @HoldenV8 !
(although Beaver also holds the record for most selections on the bench - 14, according to RL player project)

Watching NSW play Queensland is like watching the Wallabies V The All Blacks. The Wallabies look like they are creating chances but then drop the ball or make a mistake. When the All Blacks are given even the slightest chance they take it most times.
NSW rarely gels as a team whereas Qld does. It doesn't seem to matter what players NSW selects they fall psychologically short. I think a lot of the failures stem from the brain.

I wonder if the Blues players are thinking, at least we don't have to walk around barefoot in training from now on.

freedom comfort GIF by Hysteria

Well done Qld!

Until NSW get a better coach and stop picking people out of position, there's another maroon dynasty here.

Of course for a lot of us the game was ruined 2 mins in with yet another injury to tom.
Agree, picking people out of position is a foundation issue. The idea of origin is to pick the best players in their positions from each state. Why have an origin then? other than the fact it brings in money. The NSW concrete slab was cracked before the game even started. Injuries aside there was never ever a plan B for NSW. Tom should not have been in the first game let alone the second one because on form he was clearly not the best player in his position. Tedesco also. But mates are mates.

I like fun facts too feathered friend

First of all my DNA is from Northen Greece Macedonia where Alexander the Great DNA ruled supreme just like the Great Queensland DNA does

The Maroons version of Alexander the Great leader of Men
The Great Maroon DCE

What would we be without you Bozo, 😂😂

Another long list of NSW Blues departures at the hands of the Superior Maroons

The NSW Blues always look great on paper
but they are always ripped to shreds on the field
and they are always left bewildered by each Maroon devastating beating
They are sadly Left scratching their heads and their balls after every loss

What is it about this winning Maroon DNA ?
The philosophical answer ...
The Maroons are cut from a different cloth
which is only made in QLD and not in NSW

QUEENSLANDER !!!
1687566555299.png

Newscorp are reporting the Tigers 74-0 flogging at the hands of the Cowboys is set to cost Stefano Utoikamanu his place in the Blues squad.

Utoikamanu only played 12 minutes in his debut in game two. Hudson Young has also been dropped after playing the first two matches.

South Sydney five-eighth Cody Walker has received a stunning recall as NSW attempt to avoid the embarrassment of a State of Origin clean sweep on home soil next week.

Walker, who played the last of his four games for NSW in 2020, will be joined in the Blues squad for Origin III by Rabbitohs teammate Keaon Koloamatangi, who is expected to make his debut at Accor Stadium.

Newscorp are reporting the Tigers 74-0 flogging at the hands of the Cowboys is set to cost Stefano Utoikamanu his place in the Blues squad.

Utoikamanu only played 12 minutes in his debut in game two. Hudson Young has also been dropped after playing the first two matches.
Good ol Freddie

South Sydney five-eighth Cody Walker has received a stunning recall as NSW attempt to avoid the embarrassment of a State of Origin clean sweep on home soil next week.

Walker, who played the last of his four games for NSW in 2020, will be joined in the Blues squad for Origin III by Rabbitohs teammate Keaon Koloamatangi, who is expected to make his debut at Accor Stadium.
Keaon can look forward to a huge 10 or so mins out there🤦🏻‍♂️

I thought Utoikamanu was very ordinary in his Origin debut. Looked to be playing at half speed, although you could say that about most of the NSW forwards. So I'm not surprised to see him dropped for game three. Same for Hudson Young. But seriously, it can't do much for their confidence to be punted like that. Why not give the blokes who lost the first two games a chance to make amends instead of throwing others to the slaughter?

Wow. NSW is in real trouble, not because they have picked 'yesterday's men' in Gutherson and Walker specifically but because they are looking backwards, not forward. SOO 3 should be an early audition for promising NSW players who will be in contention for future series. Unearthing future talent is what NSW needs to do more so than having a pyrrhic victory in a dead rubber.

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10
10 5 5 -56 10