State of Origin 2020 discussion

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
QLD to have any chance i think they need to bring in Harry Grant as interchange hooker and drop Hunt. Welsh and Munster will need to play

I would drop Sami and move Holmes to wing and play Corey Allan at full back.

Then they might make a game of it

The Maroons have named Corey Allan on the wing (replacing Sami) and Harry Grant on the bench (replacing Hunt) for Origin III. Welch returns in place of Fotuaika. There are no changes for the Blues at this stage.

QUEENSLAND MAROONS

1. Val Holmes 2. Xavier Coates 3. Kurt Capewell 4. Dane Gagai 5. Corey Allan 6. Cameron Munster 7. Daly Cherry-Evans 8. Christian Welch 9. Jake Friend 10. Josh Papalii 11. Felise Kaufusi 12. Jaydn Su’a 13. Tino Fa’asuamaleaui 14. Harry Grant 15. Lindsay Collins 16. Jai Arrow 17. Dunamis Lui 18. Ben Hunt 19. Edrick Lee 20. Moeaki Fotuaika 21. Brenko Lee

NSW BLUES

1. James Tedesco (c) 2. Daniel Tupou 3. Clint Gutherson 4. Jack Wighton 5. Josh Addo-Carr 6. Cody Walker 7. Nathan Cleary 8. Daniel Saifiti 9. Damien Cook 10. Payne Haas 11. Angus Crichton 12. Tyson Frizell 13. Jake Trbojevic 14. Dale Finucane 15. Junior Paulo 16. Nathan Brown 17. Isaah Yeo 18. Ryan Papenhuyzen 19. Jarome Luai 20. Cameron McInnes 21. Nic Cotric

Last edited:
I'm not doubting on DCE as a genuine quality halfback. I just question his credentials as a leader for both Manly and Origin considering how many times I've seen a complete lack of it when the going gets tough AND at $1.3mil per year I'd expect Smith, Johns, Sterling, Thurston and Cronk all rolled into one. But obviously I'm mistaken as we as a club and Qld SOO have performed so magnificently during his reign as captain. Proof is in the results and I'm failing to see them for those massive $$$.

Little Papi looks like being an IN for game 3 , if so where does he go??

For me the Queen out and Little Papi in BUT how will he go at centre defensively ??
I like Shizenhouzen and would like to see him in the team, but not at centre. We have 3 centres in the squad and yet none of them have played a game yet. Where have we looked weakest defensively ?? at centre with a 5/8 and a fullback filling in there. Crichton left and Lomax or Cotric on the right and see how that goes

Going to be that much sweeter beating those Queenslanders on Wednesday night now 50, 000 thousand of them.

Never wanted to beat them more than Wednesday night, I know of friends because of the premiers ridiculous border closures to greater Sydney that could not get to a really sick friend in hospital up in Brisbane, thankfully they are better now.

Time to show up this joke of a state QLD

Blues for life !!!!!!!

Go the blues

NSW NSW NSW NSW NSW NSW NSW NSW NSW NSW NSW NSW NSW NSW NSW NSW NSW NSW NSW NSW NSW NSW NSW NSW NSW NSW NSW NSW NSW NSW NSW NSW NSW NSW NSW NSW NSW NSW NSW NSW NSW NSW NSW NSW NSW NSW NSW NSW NSW NSW NSW NSW NSW NSW NSW NSW NSW NSW NSW NSW NSW NSW NSW NSW NSW NSW NSW NSW NSW NSW NSW NSW NSW NSW NSW NSW NSW NSW NSW NSW NSW NSW NSW NSW NSW NSW NSW NSW NSW NSW NSW NSW NSW NSW NSW NSW NSW NSW NSW NSW NSW NSW NSW NSW NSW NSW

I don't really get it (nor have been following all that closely) so...

Qld now says max 200 at a wedding. Assuming 200 people who know and care about each other and who may not go if they know they are sick....

but

Sports venues can have 100% of capacity meaning 50,000 bogan yobbos who don't know each other are allowed to congregate in their mosh pit of two headedness.

the cynic in me thinks that this rule was implemented for a bit of a $$$$$ boost in the ol' coffers SOO style and yet....

....actually, the realist in me thinks that's the case as well.

Good game this.
QLD have some powerful forwards. Steph Hancock No. 10 is the daughter of former QLD prop Rohan Hancock. Millie Boyle No. 10 for NSW is Morgan Boyle's sister & Jess Surgess No. 2 for NSW is Zac Lomax's partner.

Last edited:
Women's Origin won by QLD.
For me, I'm so stoked to see this on TV. As a 10 year old my goal was to play for Manly. Of course not a reality, being 10 in the late 70s.
Maybe in 2021, for 10 year olds that dream this dream, it could possibly become a reality.
Please get a women's team Manly!

Looking like kicking was the difference.

Ok, which Manly player is the women's kicking coach?

Also, great to see it on tv.

Did nsw change their jersey for game two as the first one was "dead set" fugly - or was it planned to be changed all along?

No Gould! :)

Channel 9 crew & commentators barred from Game 3 due to QLD covid restrictions.

I for one won't miss that dribbler Johns telling me how every kick Cleary does is a work of genius, and all the "unbelievable" and "amazing" plays.
It should be a refreshing change to listen to a new commentary team, although Thurston and Lockyer are equally poor at analysis.
Former players may have been good at football but that doesn't make all of them insightful at commentary.

I fear an ambush in game 3. Munster will be back and Queensland will have the leadership they lacked in game 2. With Munster back DCE will have more time and space. Qld will no longer have Hunt weighing them down. Bennett will have them fine tuned and in full berserk mode while Fittler may have the blues under cooked. This could all go very pear shaped on the night.

Fittler may have the blues under cooked. This could all go very pear shaped on the night.
Maybe, but the memory of last year's very close decider will still be fresh in the Blues players' minds. Also, they should be hyped knowing they will be playing in front of large partisan crowd at Suncorp. I think the Blues have only won two deciders in Brisbane. May this be the third!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8