State of Origin 2020 discussion

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Well last night showed that Queensland are a one man team. No Munster, no attack. If he doesn't pass concussion protocol for next week they are cooked
Another poster who reckons a team can win on the back of one player. Reality check mate, will need more than just the inclusion f Munster.

They have a weak full back and hooker. A pack that will need to muscle up, and their outside backs look vulnerable in defence. Would need a massive turn around. Will be better at home but hard to see NSW losing, although I thought the same for game 1

I thought he was butt average. I know holmes and hunt are crap but friend is just as bad. Next game will be the exact same.. dce is a good player when he has good players around him. Losing Munster Brimson and Welch made a huge difference. Holmes does nothing all game especially compared to tedesco who does everything. When these players are taken away dce isnt that player to win you a game. We witnessed this all season. He cannot! And next week will be the same. Nsw by about 20, though the ref will be more even because they got there 3rd game.

Um, weren't all and sundry saying the same thing about Cleary last week?

Keary was the fall guy even though he played better than Cleary.
NSW forwards were way better last night enabling Cleary and Walker to kick on their terms not to get out of trouble or bomb from 40m out.

Qld's back 5 apart from flashes from Gagai and Coates were pedestrian at best.
NSW's back 5 last week were better than Qld's last night but Cleary couldn't win them the game.
Friend looks like he's mentally and physically shot, still a tackling machine but not getting a break last night was telling, looked lost.
Hunt, rather than staying on the left ala Munster just kept trying to go through the middle still thinking he was a hooker so he offered little apart from a kicking option.

But yeah, dump it on Chez, agree he didn't have a happy game, was willing, laid on the two Qld tries but was always on the back foot.

I have been at both the NRL GF and last night.

One thing which is so very obvious to me is how much improvement is needed across the park from our club to be even considered a chance at a shot at the title.

Even with faniu walker and Tommy back full health we are still I think a few players short of being in contention.

Last night there was one player type we are missing which was either Dale finucane or Isaah Yeo , both hard running forward leaders.

I truly think it's going to be 3-5 years before we are going to be a serious threats. We will start our run I think in 2022 lower eight, then 2023 maybe top 4 2024-2026 is our best chance I think of a GF.

2021 is the start of our long road back to the top.

Last edited:
Pretty much the difference last night is the NSW forwards were incredible and with that platform Cleary / Walker were able to shine.

Whereas the QLD forwards apart from the first 10 minutes were absolute crap , and probably worse than that.

Munster going off didn’t help but I wouldn’t be blaming the QLD halves too much.

Really it wasn’t too dissimilar to Manly this year , we’d hang in for 10 minutes and then get overrun.

If Munster wasn’t hurt maybe the scoreline would have been a little closer but no way would he have made the difference.

Well last night showed that Queensland are a one man team. No Munster, no attack. If he doesn't pass concussion protocol for next week they are cooked
FELLOW QUEENSLANDERS !!!

OUR DEPLETED WINNING TEAM THAT IS WORTHY OF KEEPING THE SERIES ALIVE
HAS OUR BLUES FRIENDS LIVING IN DENIAL ONCE AGAIN SAYING WE ARE A ONE MAN TEAM

HERE ARE THE FATCS..
NO BEETSON , NO LEWIS , NO SMITH , NO THURSTON , NO SLATER , NO LOCKYER , NO LANGER , AND THIS SEASON ONCE AGAIN WITHOUT THOSE SO CALLED ONE TEAM PLAYERS WE HAVE KEPT THE SERIES ALIVE WITH OUR DEPLETED TEAM AND ARE ON TRACK OF REPEATING OUR GREAT WINNING MAROON HISTORY OF DOMINATION BECAUSE WE WILL BE FIRED UP ONCE AGAIN AND BURN THE BLUES ON SUNCORP STADIUM

LAST NIGHT DOES NOT DEFINE THE LEGENDARY MAROON SPIRIT AS WE ALWAYS COME BACK AND KICK THE BLUES UP THEIR ARSE
BECAUSE ...
A WINNING HISTORY , PROUD AND PASSION IS ON OUR SIDE
QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!!
QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!!
cherry-evansd-try-180711-sd-06.jpg

Even though I don’t and never will support QLD this was my favourite photo of the night, our manly skipper laying down the law afterwards in the dressing room.
EF504F8F-88ED-4FB2-A068-3E315E0FDE07.jpeg

Even though I don’t and never will support QLD this was my favourite photo of the night, our manly skipper laying down the law afterwards in the dressing room.View attachment 15955
Never support a team wearing blue
Be Maroon man through and through

GAME 3
SUNCORP STADIUM WHERE IT IS BEAUTIFUL ONE DAY AND PERFECT THE NEXT

BRING ON THE BAR BAR BLUE SHEEPS TO THE SLAUGHTER

A WINNING HISTORY, PRIDE AND PASSION IS ON OUR SIDE
QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!!
QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!!
cherry-evansd-try-180711-sd-06 (1).jpg

One thing which is so very obvious to me is how much improvement is needed across the park from our club to be even considered a chance at a shot at the title.

Even with faniu walker and Tommy back full health we are still think a few players short of being in contention.

Last night there was one player type we are missing which was either Dale finucane or Isaah Yeo , both hard running forward leaders.

I truly think it's going to be 3-5 years before we are going to serious threats. We will start our run I think in 2022 lower eight, then 2023 maybe top 4 2024-2026 is our best chance I think of a GF.

I agree with you re Finucane and Yeo. We need a forward that is going to get us front foot ball consistently and is why I will always rate Choc as one of our best (at least from the players I have seen pull on our jersey)

Even with faniu walker and Tommy back full health we are still I think a few players short of being in contention.

I truly think it's going to be 3-5 years before we are going to be a serious threats. We will start our run I think in 2022 lower eight, then 2023 maybe top 4 2024-2026 is our best chance I think of a GF.

agree. Someones said last night would love Ado Carr to come to Manly, Biff mentioned Chrighton. I was thinking, yep, two players in key positions that would transform Manly. Wont happen, cannot afford, but exactly two positions we need fixed. Ado carr would be good at Manly as he can defend with the up and in, as no player has enough speed to get around him. the bloke is a freak and so fit, either saving tries or scoring them.

Chrighton or Yo are just great middle men or can play on the edge. Mobile, dangerous with the ball, can tackle, can make those tough meters, hit a hole.

100% agree we somehow need to find quality in those positions

agree. Someones said last night would love Ado Carr to come to Manly, Biff mentioned Chrighton. I was thinking, yep, two players in key positions that would transform Manly. Wont happen, cannot afford, but exactly two positions we need fixed. Ado carr would be good at Manly as he can defend with the up and in, as no player has enough speed to get around him. the bloke is a freak and so fit, either saving tries or scoring them.

Chrighton or Yo are just great middle men or can play on the edge. Mobile, dangerous with the ball, can tackle, can make those tough meters, hit a hole.

Thought in a badly beaten side last nightDCE played ok. Layed on 2 tries and tacked his heart out. As impressive as Crighton was, DCE tackled him on a number of occasions 1 on 1. You just had to see his face to see how much DCE was hurting after the match. Is he the best 1/2 iin the game? Maybe not. Is he top shelf? Yes. Short memories for some when last week he led QLD to a stirring 2nd half performance.

Jack's defence again was just amazing. No better front on tackler. I liked the way he was 2nd receiver and he seemed to play slightly differently to Manly. That is, not always passing behind a decoy. He played more at teh line and he looked good. Is he coached differently at Manly by Dessiah?

Um, weren't all and sundry saying the same thing about Cleary last week?

Keary was the fall guy even though he played better than Cleary.
NSW forwards were way better last night enabling Cleary and Walker to kick on their terms not to get out of trouble or bomb from 40m out.

Qld's back 5 apart from flashes from Gagai and Coates were pedestrian at best.
NSW's back 5 last week were better than Qld's last night but Cleary couldn't win them the game.
Friend looks like he's mentally and physically shot, still a tackling machine but not getting a break last night was telling, looked lost.
Hunt, rather than staying on the left ala Munster just kept trying to go through the middle still thinking he was a hooker so he offered little apart from a kicking option.

But yeah, dump it on Chez, agree he didn't have a happy game, was willing, laid on the two Qld tries but was always on the back foot.
Yet im correct

If we got either one it would be massive. Yet neither will come or will be linked to manly. Sad really no one wants to come to Manly

You mean to say he is a halfback? Yes he is a halfback. It's pretty important what the other players around him do. You don't pass it to your half back flat footed with no momentum and a defensive line bearing down on him and expect them to win the game alone.

The death riding of DCE in this forum is ridiculous and for me shows a lack of understanding on how rugby league works. DCE has proven he is one of the best players in the league. Ask anyone inside the game and they'll agree.
Any criticism of boy wonder and you all go crazy. Sorry you are right he was grrat brilliant top player on field. He totally outplayed cleary and guided his team to victory surpassing the captaining efforts of Cameron smith. Wayne Bennett was so impressed he has choosen to step down for game 3 as dce will now be coach captain for the maroons. Good Lord

If we got either one it would be massive. Yet neither will come or will be linked to manly. Sad really no one wants to come to Manly
And until we do change our culture and become the club again players want to come to we will a club fighting in lower bottom level.

I still think we will have another purge after the 2021 season.

Last edited:
After the Blues lackluster performance in Game One, I had no expectations re how they would go in Game Two. However, I could see in the pre-match warm up at ANZ, they were up for the game (as were the Maroons). From the outset, the Blues played with high intensity and after scoring their first try, they dominated the match.

Fittler should be congratulated for his coaching. As well as making the right selection choices, he had the perfect game plan & rotated the bench flawlessly. Luck was with the Blues this time (Murray's early departure in Game One was a huge loss), whereas the Maroons were unlucky to lose Munster so early - this greatly weakened their attack & defence.

Barring injuries, NSW will probably select the same team for Game Three (despite the availability of Papenhuyzen). Welch will return for the Maroons & I think they may play Grant (replacing Friend) and Allen at fullback (Holmes taking Sami's place on the wing).

Unlike some posters, I am not interested in how Manly players perform for QLD. Of course, I hope they don't incur injuries, but when they put on the Maroons jersey, they are the enemy! It is unfortunate for DCE that he wasn't born south of the border. If so, he probably would have played more than 20 games for the Blues and helped them win a couple more series in the last decade.

Last edited:
Little Papi looks like being an IN for game 3 , if so where does he go??

For me the Queen out and Little Papi in BUT how will he go at centre defensively ??

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 3 5 -55 8