State of Origin 2020 discussion

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Nice pass to put Papa in but DCE has been badly missing tonight. Seems to be the DCE norm when real leadership is needed when the going is tough.
Without Munster he’s fuucked Mick. Hunt is only useless if the other two aren’t playing.

Last edited:
I can’t work out whether Gutherson thinks he’s a gangster,NBA player or one of those hardcore Indoor Cricket players that thinks you need to run the length of the court to give a high five after every dismissal
I gave you the Ha-Ha, cause I play in an indoor cricket side that has exactly that bloke....its embarrassing .

Screenshot_20201112-012405_Samsung Internet.jpg

Sorry but if Darcie McDonald is rating Jake Friend higher than DCE for that game then she's lost all credibility. Friend was nigh on hopeless, only just above Hunt and Sami. He provided absolutely zilch from dummy half, when he did run it was often the wrong way, and despite how bad Hunt was playing, continually passed to him only to see things get stuffed up. Then of course there was that Lachlan Croker moment where DCE was calling for the ball, but Friend decided to kick himself ... out on the full and a set later, Tupou scores in the corner.

With a forward pack on the back foot for about 70 minutes of the game, a backline playing like crap save Gagai (and even he missed a number of tackles), losing his halves partner after 90 seconds of the game and him being replaced by an incompetent rube, Cherry was basically playing a lone hand out there for Qld. But of course he'll cop the blame for it all.

Last edited:
Sorry but if Darcie McDonald is rating Jake Friend higher than DCE for that game then she's lost all credibility. Friend was nigh on hopeless, only just above Hunt and Sami. He provided absolutely zilch from dummy half, when he did run it was often the wrong way, and despite how bad Hunt was playing, continually passed to him only to see things get stuffed up. Then of course there was that Lachlan Croker moment where DCE was calling for the ball, but Friend decided to kick himself ... out on the full and a set later, Tupou scores in the corner.

With a forward pack on the back foot for about 70 minutes of the game, a backline playing like crap save Gagai (and even he missed a number of tackles), losing his halves partner after 90 seconds of the game and him being replaced by an incompetent rube, Cherry was basically playing a lone hand out there for Qld. But of course he'll cop the blame for it all.
What would you rate his performance?
Also can you name 3 good things he did in that game. I'll start.

1. Cut out pass to gagai

I thought he was butt average. I know holmes and hunt are crap but friend is just as bad. Next game will be the exact same.. dce is a good player when he has good players around him. Losing Munster Brimson and Welch made a huge difference. Holmes does nothing all game especially compared to tedesco who does everything. When these players are taken away dce isnt that player to win you a game. We witnessed this all season. He cannot! And next week will be the same. Nsw by about 20, though the ref will be more even because they got there 3rd game.

Lol at the nuffies I’ve seen online trying to throw that one all on DCE

That was the biggest forward domination I’ve seen in State of Origin history, Hunt and Friend were diabolical and Holmes is a myth. Andrew Johns wouldn’t have gotten anything going with that mob last night

dce is a good player when he has good players around him.

You mean to say he is a halfback? Yes he is a halfback. It's pretty important what the other players around him do. You don't pass it to your half back flat footed with no momentum and a defensive line bearing down on him and expect them to win the game alone.

The death riding of DCE in this forum is ridiculous and for me shows a lack of understanding on how rugby league works. DCE has proven he is one of the best players in the league. Ask anyone inside the game and they'll agree.

Hooray, a decider!

I'm happy the games are only a week apart. Seemed to drag on forever when it took (what was it?) 2 months to play three games.

I think Jamie Soward is right. When Tupou scored a try the ref went to the KFC replay. Tupou was about 1 metre inside the field with an easy grounding. SO I guess refs do throw to the vidiot ref to get kfc some sponsorship dollar value.

When JAC had the ball stripped and the ref (dunno...one of the sutton cartel members) I heard the ref say at the scrum "well you could have challenged" - I'd love to hear "Well, linesperson could do their job."

But wont hold the ole breath.

Sick of the nuffie Manly supporters that love it, absolutely love it when DCE doesn't have a blinder. He was easily QLD best but Qld forwards were dominated, Munster was out, hunt was terrible, Jake was diabolical. DCE handled Crighton by himself all night and set up there only 2 tries with limited opportunities.

If your pack is dominant and your spine is playing well naturally the halves will look better. Teddy, Cook, Walker all contributed to Cleary"s performance and the forwards dominated QLD. QLD had too many avg players to properly compete.

Comments from MickQLD, Wombat, Biff are ridiculous but expect no difference from DCE haters. Cannot stand so called Manly supporters that love rubbishing their own. Try posting something positive for a change. You guys obviously have no idea what so ever what helps a play maker have a good game, need the forwards to provide a plat form and spine all geling together. DCE didn't have that all year or last night but he is supposed to be a world beater every game.

When he gets MOM for origin, the haters disappear, when he has an avg game they all crawl out of the woodwork like little grubs to post trash on him then when he has a good game they fu$k off again!

I'm not biased towards DCE even though I think he is a gun and a Manly player, I called NSW to win by a big Margin and Cleary to get MOM. Been the best player all year and NSW have a way better side, especially with QLD outs.

The result was no surprise I expected DCE to not be able to contribute too much, especially with that spine. Saying he is only good with good players around him is ridiculous. What happened to Cleary last week?

What would you rate his performance?
Also can you name 3 good things he did in that game. I'll start.

1. Cut out pass to gagai

I thought he was butt average. I know holmes and hunt are crap but friend is just as bad. Next game will be the exact same.. dce is a good player when he has good players around him. Losing Munster Brimson and Welch made a huge difference. Holmes does nothing all game especially compared to tedesco who does everything. When these players are taken away dce isnt that player to win you a game. We witnessed this all season. He cannot! And next week will be the same. Nsw by about 20, though the ref will be more even because they got there 3rd game.
Sorry champ, but you put Cleary in QLD side last night and you think anything would of changed, seriously? You have no idea! Can you tell me what Cleary has done on the big stage then? Any grand final wins? Any Clive Churchill? Before last night he had no state f origin wins, in fact has no try assists in origin. Mmm ok mate, name a half that dominates with a beaten pack and Qld spine from last night. You won't be able to name any.

Munster will be right next week, Grant should play hooker, Welsh might be back and if they had Brimson I expect DCE to dominate again cause he is world class and is a big game player.

Sick of the nuffie Manly supporters that love it, absolutely love it when DCE doesn't have a blinder. He was easily QLD best but Qld forwards were dominated, Munster was out, hunt was terrible, Jake was diabolical. DCE handled Crighton by himself all night and set up there only 2 tries with limited opportunities.

If your pack is dominant and your spine is playing well naturally the halves will look better. Teddy, Cook, Walker all contributed to Cleary"s performance and the forwards dominated QLD. QLD had too many avg players to properly compete.

Comments from MickQLD, Wombat, Biff are ridiculous but expect no difference from DCE haters. Cannot stand so called Manly supporters that love rubbishing their own. Try posting something positive for a change. You guys obviously have no idea what so ever what helps a play maker have a good game, need the forwards to provide a plat form and spine all geling together. DCE didn't have that all year or last night but he is supposed to be a world beater every game.

When he gets MOM for origin, the haters disappear, when he has an avg game they all crawl out of the woodwork like little grubs to post trash on him then when he has a good game they fu$k off again!
I was out at the match , had tickets on half way 5 rows from the front great seats.

If DCE was QLD’s worst as some are claiming on here then they must of been watching a different game.

QLD had no go forward, friend was ineffective at 9 and munster out of the whole game, it was DCE or nothing for QLD.

if it was not for DCE making his tackles QLD would of lost by a lot lot more.

the QLD first try, his cut out pass was very much on the money.

if Harry grant gets a start next week over friend and Munster back QLD will be a whole different team at home, expect a much tougher game 3.

remember the blues will have to fly up on game day like QLD did last night.

I was out at the match , had tickets on half way 5 rows from the front great seats.

If DCE was QLD’s worst as some are claiming on here then they must of been watching a different game.

QLD had no go forward, friend was ineffective at 9 and munster out of the whole game, it was DCE or nothing for QLD.

if it was not for DCE making his tackles QLD would of lost by a lot lot more.

the QLD first try, his cut out pass was very much on the money.

if Harry grant gets a start next week over friend and Munster back QLD will be a whole different team at home, expect a much tougher game 3.

remember the blues will have to fly up on game day like QLD did last night.
Agree

Reminded me of watching DCE go around this year with Manly's spine. Hunt was like Crocker, everything he tried was pathetic and got his hands on the ball too much. Friend kept going the wrong way when DCE was set up, then he would ignore him and kick himself. Most sets would only pass it to him on the 5th. Munster provides that extra attacking weapon and allows DCE to run more. Harry would be a real threat as well.

Compare that to NSW, you have the best hooker in the game darting out from hooker with ball in two hands, attracting defence, Cleary controlling the middle, Walker chiming in and striping QLD outside backs for numbers and creating over laps and Teddy at the back in everything and all over the park. Plus NSW forwards laid a great platform.

Well last night showed that Queensland are a one man team. No Munster, no attack. If he doesn't pass concussion protocol for next week they are cooked

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6