State of Origin 2020 discussion

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Thank you, the one observation I was able to make was that he looked a lot more effective when he played direct, took the ball at pace over the advantage line and passed at the line to a support player also playing straight ... than he did when he takes 2 steps laterally to get some width in the attack ..

But as he played both ways on Wednesday night I guess there is not a lot of difference that can really be introduced into his game in attack ... other than to mix it up ...

In defence I think he always plays a 9/10 ...
Why did jake look so much lighter and fitter than he did 6 weeks ago. The spring in his step allowed him to play that style of game, even when gassed.
His defence was harder as well.
Bulk does not always equate to strength

Why did jake look so much lighter and fitter than he did 6 weeks ago. The spring in his step allowed him to play that style of game, even when gassed.
Attitude maybe ???

I'm constantly amazed at the ridiculous information sprouted about individual performances. It all started with counting the tackles players made, then spread like wildfire to metres gained, number of times a player died with the ball (laughingly called a 'hit-up) and so on.
But this stat and chart reproduced on the official NRL website is the funniest of all.
ttracker-2-intensity_20201105.jpg

Cameron Murray (133) was only on the field for one tackle, yet he produced the most intensity in the match.
I ask you: has our sport gone completely mad?

Jake did look more agile and effective , S O O usually does provide some more open play but so much of the Manly play was centered around the middle last season and with too many one out runs , so Jake was restricted accordingly . Hopefully next season will see more open play by Manly and more scope for Jake to be not so one dimensional . Same with D C E , more open play opportunities , [ and just like Wednesday night , no problems with his defence ] Really do not think that grinding , one off runs [ and running back to the middle ] type footy ever suited Manly and players subsequently getting unnecessarily bashed in the middle . Hope that Manly "s style of play can more reflect Wednesday "s S O O open mode , more entertaining as well . for Manly supporters . Wouldn "t mind having Jake Friend as a Manly 9 after his good effort also .[ which won "t happen of course ]

Often the colour of the strip they're wearing can make them look leaner but I agree, he did look more sprightly & energetic.

Maybe the weeks off since the last round of the comp plus being in a camp where (I assume) there would have been more positivity & a higher prospect of winning freshened him up?

It must have been hard for a bloke like Jake, who wears his heart on his sleeve & is super-passionate about his club - to deal with the frustrations & disappointments of Manly's season 2020.

Cordner gonski for the series according to Slothfield.

AJ Brimson for QLD announced as out yesterday.

3 games in 2 weeks is going to cause some more issues I reckon.

I thought that too. Yes he played that second reciever role again, but he was going to the line with a lot more pace and intent than I‘ve seen him do this year. And some of his drop ‘em in their tracks defence had that intensity and technique to the point he was folding blokes in half. He looked like he could’ve gone the 80 .We sure missed his defence when Fittler replaced him.

possibly but if they want someone to inspire them Jake is the man.

He needs to do media or interview training, love his work but he sounds like he's constantly wired on red cordial, it's hard to listen to.

Will be an amazing situation if, given we finished 13th in the 2020 season, we produce the two opposing Origin captains.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8