Starlo to Titans?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Yes and how did that end up?
He dead set got shafted-I hope he finishes his career in the style befitting his efforts. Farah will lock down 9, so that leaves Matt in NSW cup unless they carry a hooker on the bench.
Imagine poor old Matt toiling away in Tigers NSW Cup side playing in front of 10 spectators-he will be tempted to give it away surely

He dead set got shafted-I hope he finishes his career in the style befitting his efforts. Farah will lock down 9, so that leaves Matt in NSW cup unless they carry a hooker on the bench.
Imagine poor old Matt toiling away in Tigers NSW Cup side playing in front of 10 spectators-he will be tempted to give it away surely
He is way to professional. Champion footballer. Champion bloke. Impossible not to want to see him do well.

Last edited:

Well said legend.

I don't know which is more confusing:
* Manly kicking out players they recently signed, or
* this Ryan-Wombat love.

LOL. @Wombat Legacy and I are both passionate about this team top to bottom. While we disagree on certain things, we've moved on, and can / will debate things in a respectful manner ;)

Sorry to disappoint.

LOL. @Wombat Legacy and I are both passionate about this team top to bottom. While we disagree on certain things, we've moved on, and can / will debate things in a respectful manner ;)

Sorry to disappoint.
I don't even know where to start in rating that posting. Like? Optimistic? Funny? Yartastic? Where's the damned confusing rating?

Sad situation.

Reminiscent of Craig Hancock, captain of balmain reserve grade, also Shannon Nevin.

I seem to recall a number on this forum doing the same with Vave last year. Taught me not to make predictions for the coming season and wait to see how that on paper looks on the field.
Maybe you should choose who's predictions you follow more carefully :p
image.png

A player with his fitness levels and character will not give up so easily. In saying that, Matty Ballin is now 32 and got to play 9 seasons at the Sea Eagles for 2 premierships. I dare say playing for Manly also gave him the opportunity (and money) to start up his own successful personal training business. No one can play for this club forever and due to his age and the results of last year, it is now time for his successor to take their turn. Manly do not owe Matt Ballin anymore than what they have given him and I'm sure he would see it the same way. There is no need to feel sorry for him. Nothing lasts forever.

We may as well get garrick Morgan out of retirement if we want size . Like burgess he may have been a big unit but has the heart the size of a flea. It's star
Sad situation.

Reminiscent of Craig Hancock, captain of balmain reserve grade, also Shannon Nevin.
Didn't Hancock and Nevin leave on there own terms ?

We may as well get garrick Morgan out of retirement if we want size . Like burgess he may have been a big unit but has the heart the size of a flea. It's star

Didn't Hancock and Nevin leave on there own terms ?
I thought they were part of some semi official arl talent redistribution.

A player with his fitness levels and character will not give up so easily. In saying that, Matty Ballin is now 32 and got to play 9 seasons at the Sea Eagles for 2 premierships. I dare say playing for Manly also gave him the opportunity (and money) to start up his own successful personal training business. No one can play for this club forever and due to his age and the results of last year, it is now time for his successor to take their turn. Manly do not owe Matt Ballin anymore than what they have given him and I'm sure he would see it the same way. There is no need to feel sorry for him. Nothing lasts forever.
He was offered and signed a new contract mid 2015 and was shown the door by seasons end. The club announced it as a coup, with great fanfare. Whether he is good enough or indeed worthy enough for that contract was irrelavent. I certainly do feel sorry for him because of the attrocious way he was treated. From a football point of view-he was never a dynamic 9, but he provided solid dummy half service and stoic defence behind a super team, and yes he was in decline! We treated a legend like he was a 5 club journeyman...just my opinion

Last edited:
There is a loooong list of number 9's that have played since 2008 that have been worse than Mat.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6