Pre-Game Souths V Manly [Round 16, 2024]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

14 0
Accor Stadium
22 Jun 2024 07:35 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disco

First Grader
Premium Member
Yes we can, surely the NRL has dispensations for a player to come into the team outside the reserves if neither of the reserves can cover that position.

If Sipley or Waddell are ruled out I'm predicting Lawton to 2nd row. Which means we need to call in a half to the final 17.
I dont believe so.

Ohgeez

Humphries clearly isn’t rated by Siebs, if he couldn’t crack it now with Arthur, DCE & even Wakeham all unavailable he doesn’t have a future here

Nordburg

First Grader
Humphries not names for Blacktown, could be injured.
Most weeks someone in the original 22 named in FG on Tuesday,are not named in the reggies team for that weekend but once the FG team is finalised on game day or 24 hrs prior,they are shuffled down to the lower grade

Pete W

Bencher
Strange that the 18&19 are outside backs and the only players that haven’t been in doubt all week are the selected outside backs
Obviously it means Schoupp can play edge forward if needed, so too guys like Lawton, and even Talau. All our edge forwards can play middle, but not all our middles can shift out.

With Lawton at half, and Schoupp, whilst not disrupting our left, I am happy Seibold has taken a defensive approach to his selections this week

eaglebuzz

Bencher
Humphries not names for Blacktown, could be injured.
That's the thing, it makes no sense for him to not be playing NSW cup.

Either he'll shuffle back into that team sheet, he's injured, or he'll be a late inclusion in First Grade.

Last edited:

Will on the hill

Bencher
Tipping Member
This is the only thing in the NRL rules.

Clubs wanting to bring in a player from outside the 21-man squad or the 19-man squad after they have been announced must apply for an exemption which will be evaluated by the NRL's Head of Football on a case-by-case basis.

Doubt we would be granted dispensation to bring in a half for a prop but more importantly why would Seibs go down this path if he actually wanted JH in the team? He would've just left him in the reserves.

Ohgeez

Not necessarily true. Is it wise to debut a halfback when your entire forward pack is missing?
Against a team in the bottom 3 without Latrell & Cam Murray, yeah I’d say it’s a decent time if he’s good enough. He’s 22, if he doesn’t get a chance at a time like this he will leave anyway if he thinks he’s a first grade player.
Our pack is weak yes, but having Lawton at halfback makes it even worse

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
15 9 6 161 20
14 8 6 60 20
14 7 7 63 18