Pre-Game Souths V Manly [Round 16, 2024]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

14 0
Accor Stadium
22 Jun 2024 07:35 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.

davohan123

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
FB_IMG_1719027613040.jpg

DanielLehi888

Reserve Grader
Right. So looking at our squad, although we are missing 6 players we can still give the bunnies a run for their money if we play it smart and to our strengths.

This will be game 220 for Brooks. And we will be relying on him to have one of his best if we are to trouble Souths. This is definitely one game where he must pull out all of his attacking weapons and bring a clinical kicking game.

Lawton in the halves I strongly disagree with. I would love him to prove me wrong but we should be playing Brooks at 7 and Koula as a running 5/8 imho

Talau should be in the centres and Vaega deserves to be on the wing.

But in saying all of that we are still capable of coming up with a win but obviously the whole squad needs to step up big time.

Hopoate - Needs to go roaming more and looking to inject himself in attack. Particularly up the middle to hopefully expose some tiring defenders.

Saab - Stop running in and clutching at thin air and letting the opposition score easy tries out wide. He is doing it almost every game. It needs to stop

Koula - Needs to go looking for the ball and creating some space. For someone so fast he certainly plays a very timid and uninvolved game in attack.

Schoupp - Never heard of him. Obviously needs a strong game in the centres. Our centres have been quite ordinary at times this year.

Talau - I have complete faith in this guy. Just needs to keep on doing what he has been doing lately.

Brooks - Clinical, smart and heavily involved. Needs to steer the team around with high precision. No kicks out on the full, no silly errors. This game will prove just how talented he is (or isn't).

Lawton - Let's see what you have got. Could be a surprise packet waiting to unleash some unseen attacking skills. I sure hope so. I am expecting him to be up to the task defensively.

Bullemor - Needs to play out of his skin tonight. Has shown some good form lately. He can really cement a spot in the 17 with a strong showing.

Simpkin - Just needs to play his natural game with 5 or 6 good runs out of dummy half to keep the Bunnies on the back foot. I definitely back him to get the job done based upon what I have seen so far

Sipley - I am worried about how his body is holding up. We need strong impact from this guy. He is capable but he hasn't provided much this year apart from one or two great games.

Waddell - He has been playing busted lately but he is as tough as they come. Knows how to score a try

Trbojevic - Has been in great form lately. I am hoping to see some of his ball playing tonight and i am tipping him to be our best . First time he has played without any of his brothers I assume. This could be a career defining performance if he backs himself.

Brown - Just keep on doing what you have been doing. Another good ball playing forward who attracts a lot of defenders.

Chan Kum Tong - Needs to provide major impact from the bench. Hasn't set the world on fire with his first few performances. Really needs to compose himself more in attack and keep the Bunnies guessing.

Condon - Coming off the back of a strong display in Reserve Grade he can really do his potential NRL career some favours with a big performance in this one.

Navale - I reckon he will do the club proud tonight. I am expecting him to surprise everyone with a powerhouse performance and some really strong carries from our own end.

Aitasi James - I would expect him to really make the most of this golden opportunity and play out of his skin tonight. Just needs to keep it simple - strong carries and strong defence. He is there for impact and we need huge impact from the bench.

And I won't be surprised if Faulalo takes the team ahead of Schoupp an hour before kickoff.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
15 9 6 161 20
14 8 6 60 20
14 7 7 63 18
14 7 7 37 18
15 8 7 -8 18