Pre-Game Souths v Manly [Finals Week 3, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

32 10
Suncorp Stadium
24 Sep 2021 07:50 PM

Team Lists

I've noticed that manly betting odds have come down since the suli announcement

Just sayin’
The odds on the NRL site haven't - Manly started 1.77 | 2.00 - moved out to 2.05, then 2.10. Now Manly 2.15.

Souths have shortened to 1.74 in that same time, having moved to 1.70 in that time at one stage (I think..)

I abhor gambling on sports so don't have a good understanding of what that means, but I really know Maths.

If the Manly payout is higher, I must assume their odds are lengthening.

Happy to be corrected tho if I have misinterpreted the scriptures of evil...I mean betting odds.

That's an interesting turn of events with Suli coming into the side. I think that gives us some attacking upside. He looked motivated last time he got as start - 11 tackle breaks in that game and running some good lines off Foz.

Left edge is Rabbitohs preferred attacking side so that's Harpers side.

The odds on the NRL site haven't - Manly started 1.77 | 2.00 - moved out to 2.05, then 2.10. Now Manly 2.15.

Souths have shortened to 1.74 in that same time, having moved to 1.70 in that time at one stage (I think..)

I abhor gambling on sports so don't have a good understanding of what that means, but I really know Maths.

If the Manly payout is higher, I must assume their odds are lengthening.

Happy to be corrected tho if I have misinterpreted the scriptures of evil...I mean betting odds.
On sports bet it went from 2.10 to 2.05..... But now it's out to 2.15

Souths did a great job on To'o. He is just about the Panthers biggest weapon and they didn't give him an inch.
However it will be harder to contain Tom because unlike To'o, it's very hard to predict where he will attack. Actually, usually it's everywhere.

Parker failed fitness test. Suli in. This could spell danger in defence.
Yes it could @Simonmyers11 . But it could also spell mayhem in attack. I am predicting that the mayhem in attack will more than balance out the danger in defence. In the immortal words of @BOZO Moses will bring us a Monster Mashup of the Rabbitohs defence tomorrow night. Go Manly 😜😉😜

I can feel a big game from Smole, he could replicate Suli SF 2019 and target Gagai, he's got the potential to really ruin Dane's night. Isolate gagai with Turbo out the back, and play flat and if Smole can catch it on the run instead of flat footed like he mostly does, he will have a lot of success. Gagai can't escape just because Suli is being brought on the other side 😜😜

I feel this way too hope I am so wrong but both our edge defence worries me..how easily roosters got us last week is a major concern to me.

Souths will tear us a new one if we are not careful.

My biggest worry coming into the match is this.
Pragmatically it's my biggest worry as well. But we are one win away from a GF so I will look at the change through the prism of optimism. The time for realism and pessimism is over. Time to jump onboard the Suli train. It's his time.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8