Pre-Game Souths v Manly [Finals Week 3, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

32 10
Suncorp Stadium
24 Sep 2021 07:50 PM

Team Lists

Well my tickets finally arrived today , so Friday night , Suncorp Stadium, here I come!!

Sadly won’t be too much chanting as I’ve been battling a chest infection for about 3 weeks now , all good after a couple of doses of medication but don’t think my system could handle my usual mad Manly chants.

Should be a cracker game , buggered if I know, 50/50 I reckon and a lot will depend on our share of possession in the first 40 minutes.

If we are stifled it’ll be game over but if we can share around half we’ll be in with a red hot go.

while I'm very happy that you're getting to go to a finals game including Manly (I've never ever been to one, been to Brookie / 4 pines only once and only seen Manly live about 5 or 6 times...)

I'm disturbed that you're not taking the world's only true superstition of "going 'bush' so Manly can win seriously!"

Gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

lol, kidding. Have a great time.

Hope everyone enjoys the game. No streaking!

The missus did some spring cleaning in preparation for Friday nights game.

Clean yer own hats!

Smash the patriarchy!

- I don't think I have the one 8th from the left (near the gate hinge), looks like an oldie..

I was refering to low cases v population. At the end of the day its all about luck with Covid. What happens in Melbourne and Sydney could have happened in Brisbane just as easily.
Can you pin point the luck for me, since that's what it's all about.
I'll wait.

Thanks for the memories feathered friend

Ron E Gibbs was one of my most Inspirational Manly players ever

What a player R E G was

Busted them open in attack and smashed them in defence
and he had the speed to go with it
Imagine if they had HIA back them!

Just sayin’

This will be south's 4th qualifying final in 4 years... gotta say they've had plenty of practice and that makes me nervous being that it's Wayne's last season!
Makes me think they could also be very very nervous, their 0-3 staring down the barrel at 0-4, I have them locked in as perineal prelimers, up to our lads now to keep it that way and Wayne, we’ll we will be spoiling his farewell from the burrow.

Win the early battle, post first points and stay at them for 80, sounds simple enough, they will have their own demons to overcome, getting away to an early lead off the back off our big men is key for us winning the game.

I more than like our chances, I can’t shake the feeling, we will be running onto Suncorp 3rd of October and smashing it out of the park off the back of what transpires this Friday night. 2021 Premiers sits perfectly with me.

Just a reminder that we still made the same amount of errors in that Roosters game as we did in the Melbourne game. That's not good, we really need to improve in that facet. Melbourne completed 90% against us and Souths completed at 84% in their QF. We are still error-riddled, and because we came against a legless Roosters, they couldn't take advantage of that, but the clinical teams will and we got proved that against Melbourne. Need to drill in our heads how important it is to value the ball.
I think the biggest difference was the refs decisions. we won the early penalties and 6 agains which gave us the momentum. while the result was telling and the forwards made there own luck history has shown we always do well when we get the decisions early. manlys biggest obstacle is game starts . that wasnt completely dispelled last week. forwards went pretty good but we busted them open

not sure how souths go about there footy and maybe a touch footy style will suit us but we still havnt started like a top team despite results

That's the key to the win is if our forwards can match south's and us getting even share of ball plus calls I can see this being a really close game.

If we come out flat give south's forwards no resistance at all this game is lost before it even starts.

The first 20 minutes in my mind will determine this game.. We go with south's then it's game on but if not I can see south's getting on a roll.

All I hope for is that this week we are competitive and give it there all.

Going to be one hell of a game!!
The way we started against the Roosters will be Des's blueprint to how we approach the Rabbits game also. This is what I wanted to see, our forwards getting on top of there opposites, no holds bared stuff in your face attack and defence. We've come so far this season to let it slip now, lets finish it off. GO MANLY !!

its called Luck. nothing more nothing less.
I’m starting to wonder if it’s weather.

Let’s not forget winter in QLD is like summer.

I live just south of Brisbane , most days here during winter are 20-24 degrees with lows of about 12-13.

You don’t have to go much further north and it’s plus 10 degrees on each ( in winter ).

Just a theory though.

Have to win the ruck again or more then hold their own there , especially with line speed . That will cut down on the options for Reynolds and Walker . Think that Manly have the proven attack and options and with an even share of possession to trouble any top line side but have to back it up with consistent and reliable defence. Strong and effective defence is still the key ingredient for any serious premiership tilt .

Have to win the ruck again or more then hold their own there , especially with line speed . That will cut down on the options for Reynolds and Walker . Think that Manly have the proven attack and options and with an even share of possession to trouble any top line side but have to back it up with consistent and reliable defence. Strong and effective defence is still the key ingredient for any serious premiership tilt .
Murray and Thomas Burgess are excellent at poking their head through the line and getting a quick play of the ball. It creates the space that guys like Cody Walker need to run riot. If we can minimise the influence of those two up the middle it will go a long way to winning the game.

Murray and Thomas Burgess are excellent at poking their head through the line and getting a quick play of the ball. It creates the space that guys like Cody Walker need to run riot. If we can minimise the influence of those two up the middle it will go a long way to winning the game.
The first 20 minutes will tell us everything , if we can limit their options and hold them to say one try ( scoring a couple ourselves ) I think we’ll go on to win.

But as we have seen in some many games this year one side runs away with it and it’s almost game over as they can never seem to catch up.

I hope Cody looks out the back and doesn’t see Gauc coming, I’d love to see the big fella hit him one on one with a special, the ultimate bell ringer. It’s no secret Cody is their Tom, no Cody no chance, if we foil his game, be at or in his face all game, he has the propensity to loose his ****. Outside the forward battle Cody is the player we need to own.

Never let the truth stand in the way of bashing a tall poppy to sell a few papers and up the click bait. But of course it's very easy to convince the moron masses just because it's in the paper it must be true.
I'm fairly certain Bob Moses joined Manly in 1971, a year before O'neill and Branhigan, he was unwanted by Souths, so all this bleating about Manly stealing Moses, O'neill and Branhigan in one hit is all bull$hit.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8