Pre-Game Souths v Manly [Finals Week 3, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

32 10
Suncorp Stadium
24 Sep 2021 07:50 PM

Team Lists

The first 20 minutes will tell us everything , if we can limit their options and hold them to say one try ( scoring a couple ourselves ) I think we’ll go on to win.

But as we have seen in some many games this year one side runs away with it and it’s almost game over as they can never seem to catch up.
That's true Mark, momentum can change so quickly also, a bobble in the play the ball, a small knock on at dummy half. Need to be scrooge like, denying them possession from errors also, the 6 agains are basically out of our control and all boils down to what the Refs pet hates are, need to break at least even with these. Like you the first 20min will be absorbing footy to watch, can't wait to cheer on the boys at Suncorp...GO MANLY !!

I hope Cody looks out the back and doesn’t see Gauc coming, I’d love to see the big fella hit him one on one with a special, the ultimate bell ringer. It’s no secret Cody is their Tom, no Cody no chance, if we foil his game, be at or in his face all game, he has the propensity to loose his ****. Outside the forward battle Cody is the player we need to own.
I’m not convinced he’s a big game player… they call us flat track bullies, well how did he go in Origin?

He gets fired up very easily and can go missing when the whips are cracking. I say we get under his skin.

604E5EB0-63F0-46EA-9957-FC406B11EE77.jpeg

News is Mansour might come back into the Souths lineup at the expense of Paulo.

I think this would help us if it happens, and i'd be targeting his side, and fullback Taaffe heavily - especially in the air.

Taaffe did well against Penrith, but To'o/Staines/Edwards is nowhere near the threat to Souths in the air that we have in the same positions (Garrick/Saab/Turbo). Night and day - and Taaffe arguably overperformed against a weaker lineup (he is a halfback after all...).

Mansour's had some shockers with high-balls stemming back to last year with the Panthers, and if they dump Paulo for Mansour they have 2/3 of the backs vulnerable in my view (with A Johnson being reasonably safe).

News is Mansour might come back into the Souths lineup at the expense of Paulo.

I think this would help us if it happens, and i'd be targeting his side, and fullback Taaffe heavily - especially in the air.

Taaffe did well against Penrith, but To'o/Staines/Edwards is nowhere near the threat to Souths in the air that we have in the same positions (Garrick/Saab/Turbo). Night and day - and Taaffe arguably overperformed against a weaker lineup (he is a halfback after all...).

Mansour's had some shockers with high-balls stemming back to last year with the Panthers, and if they dump Paulo for Mansour they have 2/3 of the backs vulnerable in my view (with A Johnson being reasonably safe).

Saab versus Mansour 👌

I am sure you will all be happy, that given I am a statistician and based on all player performances who have been selected for this weekend (minutes played, hit ups, tackles broken, try assists, tries scored, run metres, post tackle metres, tackles, missed tackles and errors) I have calculated, statistically using a statistical algorithm that based on the teams selected, we will beat the Bunnies 18 -12.

I could be wrong, as there is a standard of error and unfortunately it could be as much as 6 points.

If you are wanting to bet, don't believe a word I am saying as ultimately it's just lies, lies and damn statistics, with a minimal and statistically unreliable sample of data. However, hopefully it does bring a smile to your face as sometimes, just sometimes, what is statistically unreliable can actually be fact and let's hope it is so.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8