Sooking is costing us

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Not to sound like a d**k, but I think we are missing the point of the thread...about whining/ sooking...
A few things....we did get a massive lopsided penalty count and no one can deny a huge weight of possession 2nd half.
They were often offside and I felt infringed in basically every play the balls through the night.
This was obviously the game plan after copping a 60 point smashup, so no surprises really.
Fact is they won the contacts that first half, giving ascendancy in this area.
They started full of energy and turned up for an obvious ambush.
Manly were playing with half the enthusiasm.
So when you blend it all together, Manly were almost looking for a spark instead of finding the solution...as they did 2nd half....it was a chalk and cheese performance.
The thread's story is correct, as it was a lack of urgency against a hungry team fighting harder that won many of those decisions...and the Manly players were often looking at the ref, slowing the process also and not getting into the battle to win back momentum.
That's what I take from the thread, it's not a negative thing, more an observation of an area Manly can improve and I reckon Des will tell them the same thing....as he probably did at half time - "The ref's not gunna get you out of this, everyone has to roll up the sleeves and dig deep" which was the ONLY way out....and they did.

Mostly agree, but we were dudded several times, they clearly pushed us with second efforts and the ref just ignored them. Milford makes a spectacular dive with no players within social distance of him and he gets a 6 again

I think the point of the thread is that we are the ones slowing down our selves instead of getting on with the play of the ball. Correct me if I’m wrong @conanu

I agree. We need to stop worrying about the refs and the 9 agenda and the fox agenda and the NRL and Greenturd (oh wait) and just get on with it.

100% agree. The second half was different and we were getting lots of penalties but imo the only way they stayed in was through the constant infringing. We got s heap of bad calls in the first half, not unlike last week.
Which is why we got all the penalties , they were in deep deep **** and had no alternative.

Mostly agree, but we were dudded several times, they clearly pushed us with second efforts and the ref just ignored them. Milford makes a spectacular dive with no players within social distance of him and he gets a 6 again
Thing is Dan, regardless of what we thought about Manly on the wrong end of this or that, unless you play with intensity the decisions will continue and Manly showed exactly this in the 2nd half....it's no surprise to me the possession reversed once we got the enthusiasm into the game and matched them for enthusiasm, the energy the players spent calling out the ref earlier, was put into winning a quick play ball and firing up.

The contrast of the two halves last night showed the difference between playing slow and then faster. Manly are good when its a fast tempo as they have great go forward and weapons to capitalise on this.

They forced Brisbane into giving away many penalties as the Drongos could not slow it down and they ran out of juice at times in the 2nd half.

The next game against Canberra is a real test for the team and we cannot afford to start that game as we have the last 2!

There are complaints on here about opposition teams not being back 10 metres in defence.
Get used to it. This is the style of RL we now have.
With one ref, and the six-again rule, the game has returned by osmosis to a 5-metre offside because it is so much quicker. And there is nothing wrong with that.
The current spectacle is much more appealing than the old two-ref, 10-metre, wrestle that brought oodles of penalties.
Oh. And don't forget: Manly can also 'infringe' in defence and prosper!

Too much for my liking. After every single tackle Gutho throws his hands in the air at the refs. Come on mate.
Agree mate....I’ve posted previously how Gutherson flaps his hands around after every tackle. I can’t stand him because of his arrogance & smart ar$e expressions. He’s nothing but a Prima Donna & constantly complains.....I’m so glad the club pi$$ed him off & he’s not with us! Apologies but just seeing him on tv annoys the $hit out of me!

I call that the Peta Hiku play.

lol. Obv read that comment and went out and scored a hat-trick.

You're welcome warriors!

Peta Hiku had a night he’ll be able to tell his grandchildren about as he more than helped the Warriors defeat the Cowboys 37-26 at Central Coast Stadium on Friday night.

The centre would have wished the ground would have swallowed him up when he gifted the Cowboys a try in the first half, but then more than made amends by scoring three tries in what was a remarkable win for the Warriors.

Round 1 held Melb out for the first hour, then 3 trys from kicks
Round 2 beat chooks
Round three smacked dogs
Round four "beat" parra only to not get the points
Round five beat brisbane.

We should at least be equal with parra on 4/5 8 points.

lol. Obv read that comment and went out and scored a hat-trick.

You're welcome warriors!

Peta Hiku had a night he’ll be able to tell his grandchildren about as he more than helped the Warriors defeat the Cowboys 37-26 at Central Coast Stadium on Friday night.

The centre would have wished the ground would have swallowed him up when he gifted the Cowboys a try in the first half, but then more than made amends by scoring three tries in what was a remarkable win for the Warriors.

Papa Hiku will be shinning this morning.

I think the point of the thread is that we are the ones slowing down our selves instead of getting on with the play of the ball. Correct me if I’m wrong @conanu

I agree. We need to stop worrying about the refs and the 9 agenda and the fox agenda and the NRL and Greenturd (oh wait) and just get on with it.
Yes mate, spot on, exactly what I am saying, maybe I was too confusing when I wrote it.

I have started to notice a lot of our players stopping getting up slowly, looking at the ref and sooking after being held down and wrestled in tackles whilst we are on the attack. It does absolutely nothing but slow down our tempo and gift the opposition that extra few seconds to reset. They may be within their rights to be annoyed because they are getting slowed, but it is clear the refs aren't going to be manipulated into giving a 6 again, they seem to award it more when players are making an effort to just get on with it. Hate to say it but Parra do this well, they fight to get on elbows and knees then get up really quick and play the ball and they don't look back when the ref does't give the 6 again, in contrast to us who constantly look at the ref whingeing for a six again. We need to just work hard at getting up quick and playing the ball and I believe the calls will come. Sooking at the ref is doing us no favours even when we are in the right, if anything it is turning refs against giving us 6 again calls because I can remember at least 3 times hearing a ref call "milking" at us.

Parra do this well, they fight to get on elbows and knees then get up really quick and play the ball and they don't look back when the ref does't give the 6 again,

This is one of the most astounding observations I have seen on this site!
Parra are the undisputed kings of throwing their arms in the air at the ref after every second tackle.

Your point is still valid but the comparison is dubious.

Round 1 held Melb out for the first hour, then 3 trys from kicks
Round 2 beat chooks
Round three smacked dogs
Round four "beat" parra only to not get the points
Round five beat brisbane.

We should at least be equal with parra on 4/5 8 points.
We'll be there at the end when the whips are cracking.

Have to agree with the original post and some of the observations that we need to just get on with things as the refs are never going to make things easy for a Manly team against teams like Parra or the Broncos.

I have started to notice a lot of our players stopping getting up slowly, looking at the ref and sooking after being held down and wrestled in tackles whilst we are on the attack. It does absolutely nothing but slow down our tempo and gift the opposition that extra few seconds to reset. They may be within their rights to be annoyed because they are getting slowed, but it is clear the refs aren't going to be manipulated into giving a 6 again, they seem to award it more when players are making an effort to just get on with it. Hate to say it but Parra do this well, they fight to get on elbows and knees then get up really quick and play the ball and they don't look back when the ref does't give the 6 again, in contrast to us who constantly look at the ref whingeing for a six again. We need to just work hard at getting up quick and playing the ball and I believe the calls will come. Sooking at the ref is doing us no favours even when we are in the right, if anything it is turning refs against giving us 6 again calls because I can remember at least 3 times hearing a ref call "milking" at us.
Been like this for well over a decade, wouldn't surprise me if Hasler encourages players to constantly remind the ref of every infringement.

Even under Bozo Manly complained a fair bit.

I do agree way too often we are slowing down the tempo instead of just getting on with it.(it's annoyed me for ages also)

The guy playing the ball has one job to do. There are plenty of other players on the field to wave their arms/give dirty looks/mouth of at the ref, not that doing those things achieve anything but it's the last thing players should be thinking about, after getting tackled.

Just shut the **** up, and get on with it.

Refs will never do us any favours anyway so concentrate on getting the little things right and let the game take care of itself.

It annoys me no end ( and I hate seeing the Eels doing it and reaping rewards for it but that’s footy).

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8