SOO Game III [2021] - Discussion thread.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Four Titans currently on the Maroons bench (Fifita is awaiting judiciary charges). A lot of impact if they all perform well on the day.

He's being "thrown into the lion's den" but the Maroons have full faith in teenager Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow to rise to arguably rugby league's most daunting challenge in his Origin debut.

The Maroons will unleash the 19-year-old in July 14's Ampol State of Origin game-three dead rubber after rolling the dice and opting for an injection of youth in a bid to salvage much-needed pride.

The North Queensland speedster will start in the centres at the expense of Kurt Capewell after the Penrith star was tormented by Tom Trbojevic as NSW iced the Origin series in record breaking fashion.

Tabuai-Fidow is now set to stare down Manly X-factor Trbojevic in Origin III with Capewell slotting into a re-jigged Maroons back row.

Liam Neeson Good Luck GIF

With Saifiti joining injured Panthers pair Nathan Cleary and Jarome Luai on the sidelines, the Blues are already exploring how they can bring the trio, as well as Jake Trbojevic into camp under strict COVID-19 restrictions.

With the latest developments in Sydney/ NSW with the Covid 19 spread and the qld government’s closure of the border to several LGAs in Sydney.

What do you reckon the chances of SoO 3 being played in Sydney?

Personally, I reckon that anna will close the border to all of Sydney, probably all of NSW as well, to protect those delicate banana benders from those horrible/nasty NSW virus carriers, just after full time of SoO 2.

She’ll then forbid her queenslanders to travel to NSW(unless they do 14 days of quarantine on return which will impact the NRL) but she’ll have a plan to move SoO 3 to bananaland, for a nice profit of course. Probably ask for her 8 million that she paid to host SoO1 in Townsville to be repaid to qld, plus a bit more because they’re being so generous hosting SoO 3.

What odds? Or perhaps she’ll just beg us to send money to prop up the qld economy.

My guess, SoO 3 to be moved to qld, and the Mighty Blues will still win.;)
Back to Melbourne!!!!!

Newcastle it is then...(probably)

Newcastle will today be confirmed as the venue for State of Origin III.

The Daily Telegraph has been told McDonald Jones Stadium will host the big game next Wednessday in what will be an historic night for the Hunter.

The NRL has been working with State Government authorities to ensure the dead rubber remains in NSW.

It is understood the ground capacity for Origin III will be 75 percent, ensuring a crowd of around 23,000 to 24,000.

Queensland’s efforts to avoid a clean sweep have taken a serious blow, with Titans backrower David Fifita out of Origin III after copping a one-match ban for a late tackle on Canberra’s Sam Williams.

Newcastle it is then...(probably)

Newcastle will today be confirmed as the venue for State of Origin III.

The Daily Telegraph has been told McDonald Jones Stadium will host the big game next Wednessday in what will be an historic night for the Hunter.

The NRL has been working with State Government authorities to ensure the dead rubber remains in NSW.

It is understood the ground capacity for Origin III will be 75 percent, ensuring a crowd of around 23,000 to 24,000.
Fingers crossed for no cases in Newcastle over the next week.

One of these knuckleheads is going to cause the whole NRL to be suspended soon.
Arrow should cop a lengthy Ban at least 12 weeks or more.
If proven guilty that is.

He got a $35,000 fine and 2 games.

Presumably AFTER his 14 day quarantine ends.

Mal won't be happy.

He got a $35,000 fine and 2 games.

Presumably AFTER his 14 day quarantine ends.

Mal won't be happy.
Nah quarantine = unavailable = injury. Players serve their suspensions while injured all the time. Mal will be stoked that he let the doofus leave the Tits.

Bet Arrow wished he left the tits this time.

Happy with Newcastle getting the gig. Should be plenty of support for the blues. The atmosphere will be full-on. That’s the first time I’ve said anything positive about Newcastle since that fateful day in 1997. It still hurts.

Nah quarantine = unavailable = injury. Players serve their suspensions while injured all the time. Mal will be stoked that he let the doofus leave the Tits.

Bet Arrow wished he left the tits this time.
Yes forgot he left to join the Rabids, the phone call with Wayne will be a cracker.

Peak stupidity .......

fm....d

Just how stupid are these morons.

And you know what doesn't cut it?

this:

"I know I have let a lot of people down, including my teammates, coaching staff and fans right across the rugby league community," Arrow said in a statement sent out by the Queensland Rugby League.

“For this I am truly sorry. I have fully cooperated with the NRL integrity unit, and I understand the scrutiny and criticism coming my way.”

that stupid templated apology just isn't enough.

Bulldogs, dragons.... and yet after all that you still bring someone back to the hotel? followed by a 'boohoo I'm soooooo sooooorry... but a guy has to dip the wick amirite? fellahs?"

Yeah 35k fine, big deal. They need to be turfed for the rest of the year.

thank God I follow other sports where the participants have an IQ greater than potato.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8