Someone said something re Hastings

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Rugby league teams have historically been, if not accepting, at least able to accommodate a whole range of different personalities.

If Hastings has been able surpass even these broad boundaries .... he has truly achieved something remarkable.

I am curious as to whether it is an attitude problem or a personality problem, or both.

Or maybe the truth is as simple as he says .... he hasn't played well enough.

I don't care what some of you want to believe...I know he was sent home from training and I know he is not clicking with players and staff at the club.

You don't get sent home from training and thrown back to Blacktown for no reason...especially not when you are training in a position that the club is short on for stock.

I've heard it all now that his Twitter account is a plausible character reference...it's the 21st century.

Some of you have an extremely warped idea about what this club is like behind closed doors. It's ruthless like any sporting organisation. Everyone is not friends sitting around holding hands, patting each other on the back and singing kum bah yah. It's a ruthless testosterone driven environment with lots of money and peoples livelihoods at stake.

If it helps some of you sleep at night to imagine that everything is just fine and dandy on lollipop lane, go right ahead.

Last edited:
I don't care what some of you want to believe...I know he was sent home from training and I know he is not clicking with players and staff at the club.

You don't get sent home from training and thrown back to Blacktown for no reason...especially not when you are training in a position that the club is short on for stock.

I've heard it all now that his Twitter account is a plausible character reference...it's the 21st century.

Some of you have an extremely warped idea about what this club is like behind closed doors. It's ruthless like any sporting organisation. Everyone is not friends sitting around holding hands, patting each other on the back and singing kum bah yah. It's a ruthless testosterone driven environment with lots of money and peoples livelihoods at stake.

If it helps some of you sleep at night to imagine that everything is just fine and dandy on lollipop lane, go right ahead.

It has ever been thus Snake ... Which gets back to my point that teams and clubs have always been able to absorb or tolerate all manner of "personalities" for 100 years .... for Hastings to be one of the few unable to adjust or be adjusted to (in the absence of any known off field bad behaviour) .... is as I said ... a truly remarkable achievement.

I'm not liking the sound of this at all. Is our coach a man or a mouse.

Wasn't Matty Ridge a similar social outcast who didn't mix with the rest of the team, at all? Dam he was a champion player, and that was a champion team he steered around the park.

Being a coach requires managing players and diverse personalities. Not avoiding it by sending mr uncool back to reserves.

It sounds like Barrett is picking a team via a popularity contest.

We all know one thing, Whacko Jacko can bloody play.

If the coach isn't picking the best player for the job, because others in the team don't like him. He's not much of a coach.
"It sounds like Barrett is picking a team via a popularity contest."

We are all speculating and unless we see it with our own eyes it does not sound like anything we read on here .

"It sounds like Barrett is picking a team via a popularity contest."

We are all speculating and unless we see it with our own eyes it does not sound like anything we read on here .
Thread title needs a change.

The only clear facts we have is.

1. Hastings hasn't been released.

2. Another junior kangaroo in Croker has the jump on him.

3. Hastings wants to be in the NRL.

In terms of speculation.

1. If he has worked his butt off over the off season, and is not getting first crack at 6. It's not unrealistic that he is disappointed and words exchanged between him and the coach recently. Call me crazy but that sounds like every pre season at every club?

Last edited:
All will be revealed within a month, he’s either out, or in, or in ( or out) somewhere else.

Simples people simples!

Lets not look into anything more than Croker being ahead of Hastings for that 5/8 spot in the eyes of the Manly selectors at this stage - mainly Barrett who has to make the tough calls.
Hastings has seen this opportunity of Green to NZ and basically seen himself next in line - the young bloke Croker has stepped up, trained hard and shown thus far why he has massive wraps as a junior before getting a few unlucky injuries that hindered his NRL progess at the Raiders and has leapfrogged Hastings at this stage.
Some people in all walks of life feel owed or entitled, but in the cut throat business of professional sport, only those tough enough to cop the knocks and come back stronger for it, will survive.
Maybe this will make or break Hastings, if he has the right attitude and belief, this could actually challenge him and make him a better player going forward....the decision is his really, but forget anything more than the fact - Croker has been more impressive in the eyes of those who make the calls at this stage.

I like Jackson Hastings , top bloke such footy skills, good name etc so obviously he is my first pick into the team, unless we manage to get Carney then Carney would obviously be my number one man to get into the halves.

But with my Jackson Hastings of whom I admire so much and have been hanging to see given a proper opportunity on the top grade, I an absolutely dumpfounded as to what these scandalous issues may or may not be with him and his so called social interactions and so called offensive mannerisms or whatever the bloody hell is regularly being insinuated here and whith Chinese whispers or stuff like that, i only hope that it is not something along the lines of overly excited and uncontrollable homosexual behaviour around the boys in the change rooms etc. I am sure it couldn't be from Jackson that i know. He is all class in my opinion and deserves first crack in the halves!
Uncontrollable overt sexual behaviour in the sheds before going to battle. Sounds to me you’re confusing Jackson with Alexander the Great.

I like Jackson Hastings , top bloke such footy skills, good name etc so obviously he is my first pick into the team, unless we manage to get Carney then Carney would obviously be my number one man to get into the halves.

But with my Jackson Hastings of whom I admire so much and have been hanging to see given a proper opportunity on the top grade, I an absolutely dumpfounded as to what these scandalous issues may or may not be with him and his so called social interactions and so called offensive mannerisms or whatever the bloody hell is regularly being insinuated here and whith Chinese whispers or stuff like that, i only hope that it is not something along the lines of overly excited and uncontrollable homosexual behaviour around the boys in the change rooms etc. I am sure it couldn't be from Jackson that i know. He is all class in my opinion and deserves first crack in the halves!
^Is 97 words before a full stop too much ,or is the gay innuendo in the toilets too much .Confused.

Now listen you guys need to stop this nonsense of gossips etc immediately for all we know Jackson Hastings will play every game in the halves this year and steer us to a crack in grand final win so all this silly China whisperers can go sulk back room when my boy forever proves all of you haters wrong! Go Jackson Hastings! Go Manly Boys!!z,
Where did the troll emoji go ?

This argument is irrelevant anyway,Lachlan Croker doesn't have a profile on the club website,therefore he doesn't exist or play for us.....

Both will get a shot in the trials . We wont go into a full season with a 20 year old that has had major injuries without a backup. Whoever has the best trial form should get the nod .

It has ever been thus Snake ... Which gets back to my point that teams and clubs have always been able to absorb or tolerate all manner of "personalities" for 100 years .... for Hastings to be one of the few unable to adjust or be adjusted to (in the absence of any known off field bad behaviour) .... is as I said ... a truly remarkable achievement.
You left out one thing though...a club's threshold for tolerating difficult personalities is measured by their abilities on the field...the better the player, the higher the threshold.

Hastings has achieved nothing in the game outside of some 10 minute cameos off the bench for the Roosters three years ago and some write ups from his days in the u/20s.

Outside of our blindly optimistic supporters, he is not registering on many radars. He isn't setting the training paddock on fire (which a lot of fans forget is where a player can impress the coach and pressure for positions) and he failed to fire last year in NSW Cup.

So .... if Hastings can't turn things around ..... does the new pecking order for 5/8 become ...

1) Lachlan Croker (the wee Scottish bolter ... )
2) Matthew Wright (Mr dependable)
3) Curtis Siro (Am I big enough)
4) Cade Cust (The new smokey)
-
-
-
-
-
9) Tom Wright
10) Brian Kelly

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts