Someone said something re Hastings

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
****ing hell. Jumping to conclusions much?

It's what we do.@:D

Could it be that Croker, Wright and Hastings all had a fair crack at getting the number 6 jersey, all busted their balls in trying, and Croker just won out?

No.@:)

No idea how people just seem to "know" he has an attitude problem with the group.

We are just going on what has been said quite a few times from different sources. It seems plausible. Is there another way to explain why nobody else wants a prodigiously touted talent?

cherry-evansd0802181.jpg

isnt this hastings with DCE ? hard to tell side on and the hat
Good to see them in handshake trainng. The islanders have had it all over us in the post try celebrations.

Are you saying that's Hastings in the photo when it's not. If I had a dollar for every time someone said that's Hastings in that photo I would prob have around $7 dollars
I really didn't think I had to point out its obviously Brad Parker, but it's the other bloke that has got me stumped.

It's not jumping to conclusions, he is not liked by a lot of people in the organisation.

It's not strictly an attitude problem where he just thinks he is great and he doesn't have to train hard or anything (like Hayne). It's more that he just doesn't fit in. Some blokes just don't have great social skills and can't relate to the "boys". It's not one big happy family like we all imagine it to be...it's real life and some blokes just aren't part of the group.

Last edited:
It's more that he just doesn't fit in. Some blokes just don't have great social skills and can't relate to the "boys". It's not one big happy family like we all imagine it to be...it's real life and some blokes just aren't part of the group.

I'm guessing he is disliked as well as "he is not liked by a lot of people in the organisation" and "he just doesn't fit in".
Probably better to keep him out of the Blacktown group as well if that is the case.

Maybe even cop his fee on the chin, as nobody else seems to want him, and release him for the betterment of the club... if we don't "need" him to make up our 30.

Hey Snake, has the board softened their position on Carney at all?

Last edited:
This may be one of the least factual threads in ST history, which is really saying something.
Not to mention ... how many are expressing views along the lines of 'so long, Jacko you weirdo' yet were up in arms when a certain halfback was not chosen to play for Qld last year?
From memory the slogan 'personality shouldn't come into it' got a fair run back then.

If he is on the outer and they are trying to offload him I just can't see it being a case of he doesn't fit in with the boys.A coach would not be willing to not play him and try to offload him if he just wasn't one of the boys...If he is seriously as disliked as mentioned by some it would have to be a serious personality disorder or a serious attitude problem to training etc....Having been in some playing groups and seeing the different personality types he would have to have a seriously fxxxxd up personality for a whole playing group to dislike him.It would seem to be something more than just not being liked(training attitude,dummy spits at other players/coaches,turning up late etc....)Just my opinion....

If he is on the outer and they are trying to offload him I just can't see it being a case of he doesn't fit in with the boys.A coach would not be willing to not play him and try to offload him if he just wasn't one of the boys...If he is seriously as disliked as mentioned by some it would have to be a serious personality disorder or a serious attitude problem to training etc....Having been in some playing groups and seeing the different personality types he would have to have a seriously fxxxxd up personality for a whole playing group to dislike him.It would seem to be something more than just not being liked(training attitude,dummy spits at other players/coaches,turning up late etc....)Just my opinion....

In Hayne can get a gig, then anyone can.

In all honesty i dont think any of us know whats going on except for coach Barrett . Any interview i have seen of our coach , he can't speak highly enough of a man they call Jackson Hastings.

It's not jumping to conclusions, it's a fact that he is not liked by a lot of people in the organisation.

It's not strictly an attitude problem where he just thinks he is great and he doesn't have to train hard or anything (like Hayne). It's more that he just doesn't fit in. Some blokes just don't have great social skills and can't relate to the "boys". It's not one big happy family like we all imagine it to be...it's real life and some blokes just aren't part of the group.

I'm not liking the sound of this at all. Is our coach a man or a mouse.

Wasn't Matty Ridge a similar social outcast who didn't mix with the rest of the team, at all? Dam he was a champion player, and that was a champion team he steered around the park.

Being a coach requires managing players and diverse personalities. Not avoiding it by sending mr uncool back to reserves.

It sounds like Barrett is picking a team via a popularity contest.

We all know one thing, Whacko Jacko can bloody play.

If the coach isn't picking the best player for the job, because others in the team don't like him. He's not much of a coach.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8