Some Video's to get Excited By for next Season

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Wow Iro and Elsegood were great wingers weren't they. Outstanding.

Barry "Jack" Elsegood wasn't that bad and had plenty of toe. He played for the Australian Schoolboys in 1991. Was the Dally M Rookie of the Year and Norwich Rising Star in 1993. Unfortunately a shoulder injury at the 1994 Coca-Cola World Seven's saw a downturn in form and he only scored 4 tries from 17 games in 1994 (he scored 12 from 12 from 22 games in 1993). After 1993 he was widely tipped for the 1994 Kangaroo Tour but never really got close to selection (it was a young Wendell Sailor who emerged as the rookie winger who toured, though I personally thought it should have been Ken Nagas who was very unlucky as he had played for NSW that year and scored 2 tries in Canberra's GF win). Jack a shoulder reconstruction at the end of 1994 and in 33 more games for Manly until the end of 1996 he only crossed for 9 tries. He was one of the unused players on the extended bench for the 1996 GF win.

He them moved to the Rorters for 4 years before injuries caught up to him and he retired in April 2001. After then becoming a co-owner of Delmege Residential, he went on to a successful motor racing career, winning the V8 Utes Championship in 2009 and finishing 2nd in 2004, 2006, 2007 and 2010 (all in XR8 utes). He also finished 1st in class driving an XR8 Falcon in the 2007 Bathurst 12 Hour and 2nd in class in 2009 driving a Falcon ute.

Which Iro are you talking about, Kevin or Tony? Both started out as wingers but Kevin was better known as a centre and Tony as a second rower.

Last edited:
I think this one shows every try Tommy Trbojevic scored in 2015, from the Nines to the finals of the NYC, though surprisingly it doesn't have his Holden Cup GF try.

If Tommy gets a regular gig at fullback and stays injury free, he will become our greatest ever fullback.

Had to put this one in of an Origin Legends game at Lang Park in 1994. Check out the play at 1:30, Snoz to Wombat for a try.

If you've got an hour and want to understand the origins of all the Manly hate and Manly jealousy, then this video is essential viewing.

It's an account put together by a Wests fan of the '78 season, with extensive player/coach/administrator/referee interviews. And shows how Roy Masters, quite deliberately and strategically, artificially manufactured a frenzy of hatred in players, and then in fans, creating the illusion of an us v them class war. It shows how gullible and easily led people can be. Masters, himself, didn't live in a fibro house, as that was quite below him.

If you've got an hour and want to understand the origins of all the Manly hate and Manly jealousy, then this video is essential viewing.

It's an account put together by a Wests fan of the '78 season, with extensive player/coach/administrator/referee interviews. And shows how Roy Masters, quite deliberately and strategically, artificially manufactured a frenzy of hatred in players, and then in fans, creating the illusion of an us v them class war. It shows how gullible and easily led people can be. Masters, himself, didn't live in a fibro house, as that was quite below him.

I have this on dvd.. Good watch

That Souths Jersey is an eye sore... Something about green that just looks wrong...
image.jpeg

Here you go 21!

That 2008 vid does it for me every time but watching it today - even more exciting. Watching Orford roam and knowing that kind of freedom will be given to DCE who is faster and more talented than the Ox - wow! And even seeing the dimension Lestrange gave us. The burst from dummy half and now we have two bonafide speedsters as hookers... Very exciting times...

Roosters vs Manly - Round 13 2005

This was the match that proved Manly-Warringah were back! After years in the basement following the Northern Eagles debacle, they had finally removed the shackles.

Overcoming a deficit to beat the high-flying Roosters in a gritty display, the boys from the northern beaches finally gave hope to long-suffering fans.

Manly ended up in the top 4 in 2005 - making the final series - for the first time since 1998.

This win would prove significant and Manly have gone on to make the final series every year since up until 2015. That's 10 seasons in a row. An NRL record.

Last edited:
Throughout the off-season, I'm going to post a few video's each day, so that we can get that exciting footy fix we need. I hope you enjoy it. Be sure and pop in from time to time :)

Firstly, remember this game? Love the jersey's and to think we have a better team next season. Anyone think this should be our jersey?

Feel free to add anything guys :) Like an Eagles catalouge.
Thanks for the post. Just what I needed to see on a hot day sitting by the pool with a beer.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2