[Resurrected] So we are not getting Maguire

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Yeah well given 2 particular commonsense options in Des and toovd won't be considered
The penn's stubbornness is shooting our club in the foot. Two strong options ready and wanting, yet the club now has to go out of their way to get a proven ****house coach. Talk about being selfish, and causing more cluster****s

Honestly, how to we accept a coach in carty who laughed in coaches box whilst we were being humiliated on field, over someone like tooves who lived and would die for the club, or des, who'd been similar till ridiculous money was thrown his way (put ourselves in his shoes back then and we'd probably understand)

The penn's stubbornness is shooting our club in the foot. Two strong options ready and wanting, yet the club now has to go out of their way to get a proven ****house coach. Talk about being selfish, and causing more cluster****s

Honestly, how to we accept a coach in carty who laughed in coaches box whilst we were being humiliated on field, over someone like tooves who lived and would die for the club, or des, who'd been similar till ridiculous money was thrown his way (put ourselves in his shoes back then and we'd probably understand)
Agree its a joke. Des no doubt would take unders to coach. Henry i can take, cartwright mediocre.

That just screams to me "Manly admin is fu*ked and I'm outta there asap"

What did you expect him to say?
"Michael has trained us to within an inch of our lives, he's an intense kind of fellow but when he speaks we listen, I was kind of hoping
that we'd have a cruisey time after a long NRL season and I could just do my thing. With the backs we've got we'd have a more expansive gameplan but that's not the way he
likes to play..."

Can’t believe they royally f***** this one up.

Their track record with this club since 2014 or 2015 suggests that its very believable.

What's happened at Manly in the past few years reminds me of an old arcade boxing game narration from the 80s.......body blow, body blow. The hits keep coming. Battered and bruised on the outside, bleeding to death on the inside.

Just some food for thought here from the last time these guys all coached in the same comp

Yes let's limit a set of statistics to get a result we want.

Hasler 361/210 wins/151 loss/58.8%

Maguire Super League 70/53 wins/14 loss/3 draws/75.5%
NRL 165/92 wins/73 loss/55.8%

Barrett 74/29 wins/45 loss/29.2%

On fair stats Barrett is rubbish as we all know and Hasler and Madge are top draw (despite the way Des left us)

Carty 45.3%

Henry 42.9%

Taylor 43.0%

Yes let's limit a set of statistics to get a result we want.

Hasler 361/210 wins/151 loss/58.8%

Maguire Super League 70/53 wins/14 loss/3 draws/75.5%
NRL 165/92 wins/73 loss/55.8%

Barrett 74/29 wins/45 loss/29.2%

On fair stats Barrett is rubbish as we all know and Hasler and Madge are top draw (despite the way Des left us)

Carty 45.3%

Henry 42.9%

Taylor 43.0%

"The game has moved on" has been something I've read when discussing some options that haven't coached NRL for a while

Obviously MacGuire took them upto the summit, so there will always be a comedown from there, but for his last 3 campaigns in charge of Souths they went down each season, and Seibold picked up that same squad and took them back up to 3rd

In all seriousness, I would have been happy with MacGuire, but I do think that he was being overhyped as a saviour based on his previous few years, where it seemed the entire success of the club was built around whether the Burgess twins fired or not

At the present time its a matter of weighing up the available options. The options sadly are being limited by stubbornness,pride and purse strings being tightened.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4