So Jealous Of my team the Panthers!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Thewestisbest

Reserve Grader
What a club! They are just so damn tough and resilient. The only true bred not bought footy club in the NRL. They have played in the last three grand finals, and these are the players who were in the seventeen or reserves list for those games they have lost over those three seasons.
Josh Mansour
Tyrone May
James Tamou
Api Koroisau
Villiame Kikau
Brent Naden
Kurt Capewell
Dean Share
Matt Burton
Paul Momirovski
Charlie Staines
Sean O'Sullivan
Stephen Crichton
Spencer Leniu

They have also lost
Daine Laurie
Jermaine Hopgood
Waqa Blake
Reagan Campbell Gillard

There's more but I can't think of them off the top of my head.

Man, I wish we had some of that ingrained toughness throughout our side. These guys never get flogged, any opposition win is hard earned.

What a club! They are just so damn tough and resilient. The only true bred not bought footy club in the NRL. They have played in the last three grand finals, and these are the players who were in the seventeen or reserves list for those games they have lost over those three seasons.
Josh Mansour
Tyrone May
James Tamou
Api Koroisau
Villiame Kikau
Brent Naden
Kurt Capewell
Dean Share
Matt Burton
Paul Momirovski
Charlie Staines
Sean O'Sullivan
Stephen Crichton
Spencer Leniu

They have also lost
Daine Laurie
Jermaine Hopgood
Waqa Blake
Reagan Campbell Gillard

Man, I wish we had some of that ingrained toughness throughout our side. These guys never get flogged, any opposition win is hard earned.
They got flogged for years...they're just having a dynasty like lots of clubs have...we had one that lasted years (07-14).

They got flogged for years...they're just having a dynasty like lots of clubs have...we had one that lasted years (07-14).
Nah, I disagree mate. We never made three in a row. They are a chance of getting a threepeat too. Penrith are a powerhouse organisation now, and they engage with the wider community every day. A lot of people put crap on Gus for his five year plan, but he is a big reason why the Panthers got their management structure and pathways program right.

The flogging years you have rightfully pointed out had more to do with bad management, poor signings, weak leadership, and infighting. Much like what we are going through now unfortunately.

Nah, I disagree mate. We never made three in a row. They are a chance of getting a threepeat too. Penrith are a powerhouse organisation now, and they engage with the wider community every day. A lot of people put crap on Gus for his five year plan, but he is a big reason why the Panthers got their management structure and pathways program right.

The flogging years you have rightfully pointed out had more to do with bad management, poor signings, weak leadership, and infighting. Much like what we are going through now unfortunately.
I never said we won the same number of premierships so not sure what you're disagreeing with?

We made the finals every year for a decade and played in 4 grand finals; if that's not a dynasty, I don't what is?!

You have to remember Penrith never came up against a salary cap cheating team that the Storm was during our dynasty.

You have to remember Penrith never came up against a salary cap cheating team that the Storm was during our dynasty.
That's a very good point. Manly were an exceptional, tough footy side no doubt. But it feels like we are so far off what that team was right now. I can't see us climbing the summit anytime soon. The Dogs are three points behind us at present, yet for me at least, they are way ahead of us as a club.

They used to be Jealous of us

And they have not been jealous of us since 2011

We need Great Manly people worthy of living up to our Legendary clubs Benchmark of Premiership Winning Greatness'

At the moment Manly people have only been offering excuses
And no one has ever won anything by offering Excuses

Manly 2011 Premiers Team Framed :: 2011 NRL PREMIERSHIP :: NRL - Rugby ...

Last edited:
That's a very good point. Manly were an exceptional, tough footy side no doubt. But it feels like we are so far off what that team was right now. I can't see us climbing the summit anytime soon. The Dogs are three points behind us at present, yet for me at least, they are way ahead of us as a club.
That's true. The Manly team is regressing very quick after that promising start. It's sad to say that when you expect to get flogged it usually happens. The Sharks next week at home will be another flogging imo.

That's when Penn decided he wanted in after seeing how successful Manly was about to become. It's sad to say that under his watch we have seen the club decline to the state of the Northern Eagles. 😔
Yes, he has turned our fortress into rusty scaffolding. Lining his pockets in the process. I stopped buying my membership when he desperately reappointed Des (a man he obviously can't stand) for his second stint. Everything he does is a knee jerk reaction clouded by dollar signs.

They used to be Jealous of us

And they have not been jealous of us since 2011

We need Great Manly people worthy of living up to our Legendary clubs Benchmark of Premiership Winning Greatness'

At the moment Manly people have only been offering excuses
And no one have ever won anything by offering Excuses

Manly 2011 Premiers Team Framed :: 2011 NRL PREMIERSHIP :: NRL - Rugby ...
100%

Not sure what that has to do with my post but thanks for passing it on
I wasn't disagreeing with your comment that we had an exceptional run during our golden period. But for me a dynasty is when one team clearly sits above the rest. Penrith made three GF's in a row, winning two. They have been virtually unbeatable in that period despite shedding a huge amount of players. They are in the race again this season after losing three games by two points and one by four. I wasn't talking about Penrith of ten years ago Len. Hope this helps and I'm more than happy to pass it on Leonard.

I heard there was a secret chord that Lenny played when he dropped the ball.

Josh Mansour
Tyrone May
James Tamou
Api Koroisau
Villiame Kikau
Brent Naden
Kurt Capewell
Dean Share
Matt Burton
Paul Momirovski
Charlie Staines
Sean O'Sullivan
Stephen Crichton
Spencer Leniu

They have also lost
Daine Laurie
Jermaine Hopgood
Waqa Blake
Reagan Campbell Gillard

Yeah so off the top of my head, Tamou, Koroisau, Kikau & Capewell were all bought, not bred, Biff?

Yeah so off the top of my head, Tamou, Koroisau, Kikau & Capewell were all bought, not bred, Biff?
Oh my goodness. Let me s.p.e.l.l l.t o.u.t f.o.r y.o.u.

There has never been a team in NRL history that consisted of local players only. Here is a snippet from the Western Weekender today.

"Penrith’s back-to-back Premierships have been the catalyst for the surge in support and regular sellout games, but the team being full of local juniors has helped too.

With such a huge junior district, parents and kids themselves can now see the legitimate pathways through to NRL stardom.

And the family nature of the club is helping too."

I hope this alleviates your misunderstanding.

Kind regards,
TWIB

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4