So Jealous Of my team the Panthers!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Could you imagine the uproar on here if we signed hosking or the weak gutted dog. Yet because they're introduced into a winning environment they do a job for them. Similar to what Melbourne do.

And some genius sacked the coach that got us there.
Des is a legend but his time as coach had probably expired. Seibold hasn't done any better.

But so many issues are similar in the last few years suggest its more the playing group than the coach.

And now phins are beating sharks 24-0
So we played titans coming off biggest NRL comeback defeat

Broncos off south's flogging now sharks next week off big magic round defeat.

And we know as you said it will be a mothers day disaster at home.
Hopefully the gummies cop a few injuries and suspensions.

What a club! They are just so damn tough and resilient. The only true bred not bought footy club in the NRL. They have played in the last three grand finals, and these are the players who were in the seventeen or reserves list for those games they have lost over those three seasons.
Josh Mansour
Tyrone May
James Tamou
Api Koroisau
Villiame Kikau
Brent Naden
Kurt Capewell
Dean Share
Matt Burton
Paul Momirovski
Charlie Staines
Sean O'Sullivan
Stephen Crichton
Spencer Leniu

They have also lost
Daine Laurie
Jermaine Hopgood
Waqa Blake
Reagan Campbell Gillard

There's more but I can't think of them off the top of my head.

Man, I wish we had some of that ingrained toughness throughout our side. These guys never get flogged, any opposition win is hard earned.
Out of interest are you @biff? I need to know? Are the messiah of the PPC that @Woodsie seeks? Jesus is not real.'

The Panthers really have no excuse for not being one of the best teams in the comp every year, they have the biggest junior base of just about any club and they have finally figured out how to keep them happy long enough to pipe them into first grade. Once you have a steady stream of NRL ready youngsters plugging into your structures you have a salary cap proof model.

Nathan Clearly being the best halfback in the NRL helps a lot too.

And now phins are beating sharks 24-0
So we played titans coming off biggest NRL comeback defeat

Broncos off south's flogging now sharks next week off big magic round defeat.

And we know as you said it will be a mothers day disaster at home.
It sure is unless as we keep on saying this team turns up to play 80 minutes.

What the Panthers have achieved is special but other premiership heavyweights are making serious ground on them. It wouldn’t be far-fetched to think that Latrell Mitchell could be a 4 time premiership winning player by the end of 2024.

Ivan Cleary has unlocked the coaching handbook. I take my hat off to him because his coaching career for a long time didn’t stand out

What the Panthers have achieved is special but other premiership heavyweights are making serious ground on them. It wouldn’t be far-fetched to think that Latrell Mitchell could be a 4 time premiership winning player by the end of 2024.

Ivan Cleary has unlocked the coaching handbook. I take my hat off to him because his coaching career for a long time didn’t stand out
Yeah, I'd love to have him coaching us. He did take the Warriors to a GF, but has really become a top coach in his second stint at Penrith.

I think once they get Tago and Martin back, and JFH gets a few more miles in the legs, they will be right up there again. Roosters are going to be very hard to beat.

We lost two of those GF's mate.
Well, we were ripped off in 95 with a seventh tackle try , and in 97 darren albert scored in last 7 seconds. You said Manly has not made 3 in a row, prompting my reply. To me, the manly teams of the 70s would be far superior to the panthers dominance , imho. we made the grandfinal in 1970, 1972, 1973, 1976, 1978, winning 4 out of those 5. I am lucky to be old enough to see those grand final matches live at the SCG. 💖 In those days, penrith had cricket scores put on them by most opposition. so its kinda nice its now their turn to shine.

Well, we were ripped off in 95 with a seventh tackle try , and in 97 darren albert scored in last 7 seconds. You said Manly has not made 3 in a row, prompting my reply. To me, the manly teams of the 70s would be far superior to the panthers dominance , imho. we made the grandfinal in 1970, 1972, 1973, 1976, 1978, winning 4 out of those 5. I am lucky to be old enough to see those grand final matches live at the SCG. 💖 In those days, penrith had cricket scores put on them by most opposition. so its kinda nice its now their turn to shine.
No mate, I never said that at all. My three in a row comment was to a poster who compared the current Penrith run with our 2007-2014 era. Go back and read the post.

You are completely missing the point, go back and read my posts. They refer to the modern NRL era, not the get out a chequebook and buy a premiership era. St George won eleven straight but it was well before the salary cap era. They basically had all the best players in the competition. That is by far the greatest ever, never to be broken team of all time. To highlight my point, if Penrith win this year, it will be the first time in the salary cap era that a team has won three on the trot. One would have to go back 40 years to Parra, in the NSWRL competition.

The NRL is a completely different beast to the competition featuring those old NSW sides.

Even the Roosters and Broncos with all their obvious cap advantages (cheating) haven't managed to win more than two in a row. Hence why I rate that nineties Manly side as the best I have seen.

Nah, I disagree mate. We never made three in a row. They are a chance of getting a threepeat too. Penrith are a powerhouse organisation now, and they engage with the wider community every day. A lot of people put crap on Gus for his five year plan, but he is a big reason why the Panthers got their management structure and pathways program right.

The flogging years you have rightfully pointed out had more to do with bad management, poor signings, weak leadership, and infighting. Much like what we are going through now unfortunately.
Penrith's current opposition don't have slater, Inglis, Cronk and Smith in it. Makes a bit of a difference.

Or this, from Zero Tackle.

"There is no doubt anymore - the Penrith Panthers are the best NRL team of the current generation.

A team made up mostly of local juniors won their second straight premiership in their third straight grand final, dominating the Parramatta Eels at Homebush."
You do know a lot of zero tackle is written by locals who don't often hide their favorite colours???

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6