So i have the dreaded virus

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Lie down and watch Manly replays from last season, wife says add citrus fruits to your drinks, ie; lemon and limes, this really helped her recovery.
Cheers legend I give that a crack this arvo. I got a stash of dry cough mix, strepsils, panadol water bottles vicks

Whole family (wife and two 15-year-olds) got it early January here. Son first, me two days later, other son next, wife feeling ill but consistently testing negative until a week after my quarantine ended when she woke up with a runny nose and tested positive on a RAT.

I woke up with a very sore throat and killer headache and, given my son had tested positive on a RAT two days before (the rest of us were negative), knew I had it. PCR confirmed it that day. Sore throat and bad headache stayed with me for three days and then I quickly started feeling better. Wife and kids got over it in a few days as well. Although, weirdly, I still get a bit of a cough/shortness of breath every now and then - and I'm way fitter and healthier than my wife and kids!

I was triple-vaxxed. Had my booster a few weeks before I tested positive, so my immunity should have been at its strongest. Still got me though:)

Take it as easy as you possibly can, mate, and don't rush anything. You should feel a lot better in a day or two.
Yeah don’t feel too bad this Arvo, touchwood. I seems all is parents with school age kids will get it unless we want to homeschool

Hi everyone, so tested positive on Friday. Triple vaxxed symptoms scratchy throat and very dry cough. Age 43 125kgs.
Like to hear everyone else's experiences?

Glad to hear you're getting better. This thread has been a nice ice breaker for people to talk about whether they've caught it or not, so well done.

I'm triple vaxxed, and to date haven't caught any strands of covid. Though mrs ge seems to have had it in the early days... and also a month or so ago.

I'm not sure what this says of our relationship that she can have it and not me...(lol) so I prefer to think she was just making it all up.

For her - she used to have a day where she was 'wiped' after she recovered (unless she was just having a bludge) but they are becoming less frequent, thank goodness.

I've never hoped she doesn't read a post, more than this one!

Get well soon everyone!

Oh - I'm 300 years old and 2000 kilos

Glad to hear you're getting better. This thread has been a nice ice breaker for people to talk about whether they've caught it or not, so well done.

I'm triple vaxxed, and to date haven't caught any strands of covid. Though mrs ge seems to have had it in the early days... and also a month or so ago.

I'm not sure what this says of our relationship that she can have it and not me...(lol) so I prefer to think she was just making it all up.

For her - she used to have a day where she was 'wiped' after she recovered (unless she was just having a bludge) but they are becoming less frequent, thank goodness.

I've never hoped she doesn't read a post, more than this one!

Get well soon everyone!

Oh - I'm 300 years old and 2000 kilos
Haha seems we will all get omicron, Wife take is acurate comes in waves you would say

Wish me luck I'm heading to the local primary school tomorrow as a volunteer ethics teacher.
Triple vaxxed and will have to wear a mask, but nevertheless ... we'll see how I long I remain uninfected :eek:

Yeah wow it seems like a hardcore flu, this bloody dry cough I got is keeping me from 8 hours sleep lucky to do 3 at present.
See if you can get some Panadeine Forte off your doc. It’s got a good supply of codeine in them. Codeine is a very good cough suppressant, especially at night. (Not a doctor, just my experience with them).
Hope you get better soon.

Lie down and watch Manly replays from last season, wife says add citrus fruits to your drinks, ie; lemon and limes, this really helped her recovery.
So, should I up my slices to 2 or 3 in my G&T?; probably 4 to be extra safe, and I know that the tonic is keeping me safe from malaria.;)

On a more serious note, after reading of many others experiences with the bug, I realise that I got off very lightly with no lingering effects.

So, should I up my slices to 2 or 3 in my G&T?; probably 4 to be extra safe, and I know that the tonic is keeping me safe from malaria.;)

On a more serious note, after reading of many others experiences with the bug, I realise that I got off very lightly with no lingering effects.
Actually Lotf, my wife added Tonic water as well, so you're right on the money...lol.

Quite a few people have told me that Zinc tablets are very good for Covid. Probably should have asked if it should be before, during, or after, but it can't hurt to chuck one down your throat each day I guess.

Quite a few people have told me that Zinc tablets are very good for Covid. Probably should have asked if it should be before, during, or after, but it can't hurt to chuck one down your throat each day I guess.
I’d try some oysters, they’re high in Zinc, taste good(unlike most vitamin pills) and have other reputed benefits, at least for we males.@;)

Bro in law's brother caught it, super fit, 5km runs every day, ocean swims ex footballer local comp went down like a bag of poo, ended up in hospital

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6