So here we go

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Been driving around the gold coast for work today, so many people out and about. Spoke to a mate at jb hi fi, they are sickmof people whomare just looking, not buying. I have nothing against the adult bookshop but why are are they open. Why is the mattress shop open?
We are doomed.

Also the good guys were ram raided over night, two bottle shops and a chemist all within 15km of me.

Yep. Some **** going down in Southport . Lot of junkies on street.We are going to need just as many cops as nurses and docs.Got nurses delivering methodone to junkies at homes to keep numbers down at hospital. Now what could go wrong there !

Well something even stranger
My Mrs is in ED as a nurse at GC hospital , the front line apparently.Was busy last two days prepping but she said not too crazy.
Worked yesterday and today and now embarks on four days off! . Her roster was originally that but never thought for a moment she’d even get one day off. Let’s hope GC remains one of the quiet spots.Town is suffering massively with layoffs so some luck would be nice.

Last edited:
Yep. Some **** going down in Southport . Lot of junkies on street.We are going to need just as many cops as nurses and docs.Got nurses delivering methodone to junkies at homes to keep numbers down at hospital. Now what could go wrong there !

Well something even stranger
My Mrs is in ED as a nurse at GC hospital , the front line apparently.Was busy last two days prepping but she said not too crazy.
Worked yesterday and today and now embarks on four days off! . Her roster was originally that but never thought for a moment she’d even get one day off. Let’s hope GC remains one of the quiet spots.Town is suffering massively with layoffs so some luck would be nice.
Thing is once you go a few kms west of surfers there are no cops, never see them, except at the servo of coffee shop.

Thing is once you go a few kms west of surfers there are no cops, never see them, except at the servo of coffee shop.
Yep. Problem is the filth out there know people will be either on own or with one other to rightfully observe the isolation stuff and they also know not many others around so it’s perfect. Won’t let my mum walk alone. I meet her each morning for a walk and she’s a sticker for the 2 metre separation god love her.Inreckon it’s 5m but I don’t blame her .

Had a couple of young icies get a bit close at atm but they slunk off thankfully. Not the violent type but I’d have no problem slapping down any of these dickheads taking advantage in times likes this.

Last edited:
This lovely character decide it might be a good idea to enter my mates office for nefarious purposes. Let’s say he wasn’t amused

Attachments

• B6EA82AB-963A-4221-991A-FCFBB47D0B72.jpeg
    B6EA82AB-963A-4221-991A-FCFBB47D0B72.jpeg
    283.7 KB · Views: 48
There really was no choice on offer after our leaders acted far too slowly in taking this seriously.

When you look at the numbers everything "seems" so small,so insignificant, so "just let the strongest survive and at worst the death rate will be 1-2%"----the simplistic view is "why place 1-2 million in the unemployed basket and cause a million other issues on top of the health ones just to save the 70 and over group even when both methods to slow the spread results in similar outcomes for this age group."

Well the common flu each year kills 0.1% worldwide and even a bad flu season overwhelms the health care system, now add a 1% kill rate and an infection rate 2-3 times more than the common flu and it really shows up how little spare capacity there is in the health care system worldwide to deal with even a small jump of cases in statistical terms (in relative terms it is a massive jump)

It's the kick in the backsides we all needed and there is the potential for plenty of good to come out of this---so stop watching all the doom and gloom stories that are mostly sensationalism and agenda based and keep a positive state of mind----nothing positive comes from a negative outlook.(Fortune cookie 101)

I know there is nothing more pathetic than reading a wise word fortune cookie promoter(well yeah there is when you read such lines on a $200 designer shirt) but the doom and gloom stories really are coming across as bandwagon fear for something to embrace and talk about.
Unbelievable, Just unbelievable ...... What planet are you on? Seriously, what possible fxcken good can come from 1,000,000 people unemployed, 000s of businesses closed and a full blown recession because some Chinese people want to eat bats? You seem to forget that this is also an economic issue now and not just health. How can you not get that people are struggling big time at the moment and it's getting worse day by day and you sit there on your fat pompous arse judging other people by typing on your keyboard with **** like that? Seriously, this has confirmed to me that you are 1st class wanker. Give yourself a slap or two. You deserve it.

Last edited:
Unbelievable, Just unbelievable ...... What planet are you on? Seriously, what Fxcken possible good can come of 1,000,000 people unemployed, 000s of businesses closed and a full blown recession because some Chinese people want to eat bats? You seem to forget that this is also an economic issue now and not just health. How can you not get that people are struggling big time at the moment and it's getting worse day by day and you sit there on your fat pompous arse judging other people by typing on your keyboard with **** like that? Seriously, this has confirmed to me that you are 1st class wanker. Give yourself a slap or two. You deserve it.
He must be a damn good coach to still have a job lol.....because only someone with a job or business and no chance of losing it could talk garbage like that. I suggest coach you have a look into the eyes of some of those people in the lines, people who have never received welfare and worked damn hard all their lives. It’s a ****ing tragedy - both health wise for the sick and economically for those who are losing a future.

Last edited:
Some Good news from today to lift up our spirits ...

Number of new coronavirus cases in NSW drops, overall infections now at 1,219
Health authorities in NSW have confirmed 190 new coronavirus infections — a 10 per cent drop on the record announced yesterday.

Coronavirus update: New tests that give results in less than an hour approved for use in Australia
Two rapid-diagnostic tests for COVID-19 have been cleared for use in Australia, promising results in less than an hour, as authorities fast-track the approval process.

Another new good news story

In an effort to protect frontline health workers from coronavirus, researchers are turning to a vaccine unused in Australia since the 1980s.
"If I didn't think (the tuberculosis vaccine) would work, I wouldn't have been here seven days a week for the last month with a team of 20 people," .

Worst thing is I’m stuck with my darling wife of 45 years TWENTY FOUR SEVEN!!

Bugger me where is Eugenie Bouchard when you need her??

PS: I’ll manage and Eugenie would probably give me a heart attack anyway BUT what a delightful way to go!
Eugenie Bouchard is around at my place .... she's doing well and sends her best. Just quietly, she goes well......

Unbelievable, Just unbelievable ...... What planet are you on? Seriously, what possible fxcken good can come from 1,000,000 people unemployed, 000s of businesses closed and a full blown recession because some Chinese people want to eat bats? You seem to forget that this is also an economic issue now and not just health. How can you not get that people are struggling big time at the moment and it's getting worse day by day and you sit there on your fat pompous arse judging other people by typing on your keyboard with **** like that? Seriously, this has confirmed to me that you are 1st class wanker. Give yourself a slap or two. You deserve it.
First off my reply was mainly focused on the importance of not underestimating the impact on the Healthcare system this virus will have---comments like “Social Experiment” by gender fluid Susan really comes across leaning far too much on protecting the Economy over the health of the nation.

My stats were there to illustrate how little change is required to overwhelm the healthcare system, yes you try and get a balancing act and not neglect the economy but the health care of the nation and it’s capacity to look after all illnesses comes first.

My comments in relation to the positives that will come out of this comes from many angles.

1) Hopefully more investment in Healthcare by all Govt’s across the globe---been well under funded for far too long.

2) The amount of global combined research into this virus and money invested I’m sure will lead to more combined efforts and financing funnelled towards many other illnesses/viruses etc speeding up cures and understanding.

3)A better understanding on how to best react when the next pandemic hits us, luckily this virus is not as deadly as SARS and MERS---this is our warning shot so lets learn from this and better prepare for a more deadly outbreak.

4)Yes the economy is bad but jobs will flourish again on recovery and in many different areas of the economy.

5)Many local manufacturers have struggled for a while now and are seeing a boost, maybe local businesses instead of importing 100% from overseas due to the lower cost of manufacturing might consider a better mix of (70/30 Import/Local) to be able to better whether/react to scenarios like this and currency fluctuations----this helps manufacturing in Australia and jobs.

6) Telecommunication jobs will see a short term boom.

7) Healthcare jobs will see a prolonged boom.

8) Maybe people out of work and needing funds will start selling on mass investment properties which may help lower housing prices---will probably start at Holiday homes and slowly work it’s way through all sectors.

9)NRL “might” actually become more financially stable and profitable from a lower cost base in the future for all clubs if they can weather the storm.

10) Technical Coach makes more money in the future off the back of this----so many opportunities but everyone's health and the healthcare system comes first before greed everyday of the week.

Oh and a few other things I wanted to mention:

A) If I hear another person describe it as “UnAustralian” in relation to the way people started loading up their shopping trolleys in fear I will probably think about expanding my Technical Coach job description to include tosser control services----it’s like saying “Us Aussies are a special kind and would never fall victim to such selfish survival modes”---shut the f^&k up seriously.

B)People who abuse sick days and don’t store them for a bad day, now reliant on the Govt for a handout---what is the point of living within your means or following the rules if you know the Govt is always going to lend those who don't a lending hand.

C) Many(i didn’t say “all” ok) people who live pay cheque to pay cheque or ones who are overly leveraged into the housing market(due to greed) and can’t really afford it, once again are going to receive way too much Govt assistance, f&rk that, take responsibility for your lives.

95% of the doom and gloom and positive stories on news media in relation to the crisis are just click bait crap----even the silly positive article that there was a 10% drop in new cases over one day was pure clickbait trash----just to differentiate from the doom and gloom.(A week of continued reductions of new cases is a genuine story not just one day)

Even the pictures of completely empty retail outlets and streets--- yeah waiting for the perfect shot of no people and cars around for greater headline story visual appeal. Yes retail is slow, yes there are less people around in shopping centers but not as empty as the pics suggest.

And what does playing out my lame ass nick once again have to do with the subject at hand, stick to the topic and leave out personal attacks.

Predictable that Susan jumped on the bandwagon of attack since he/she/gender fluid/gender neutral was taken to task on the “Social Experiment” comments, how on earth do people see my view points as more negative than what Susan has posted.

Things will start to improve in 2021, maybe even the back end of this year so chin up people and start to appreciate what you have, not what you don't.

Over and out…..

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4