So here we go

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
First off my reply was mainly focused on the importance of not underestimating the impact on the Healthcare system this virus will have---comments like “Social Experiment” by gender fluid Susan really comes across leaning far too much on protecting the Economy over the health of the nation.

My stats were there to illustrate how little change is required to overwhelm the healthcare system, yes you try and get a balancing act and not neglect the economy but the health care of the nation and it’s capacity to look after all illnesses comes first.

My comments in relation to the positives that will come out of this comes from many angles.

1) Hopefully more investment in Healthcare by all Govt’s across the globe---been well under funded for far too long.

2) The amount of global combined research into this virus and money invested I’m sure will lead to more combined efforts and financing funnelled towards many other illnesses/viruses etc speeding up cures and understanding.

3)A better understanding on how to best react when the next pandemic hits us, luckily this virus is not as deadly as SARS and MERS---this is our warning shot so lets learn from this and better prepare for a more deadly outbreak.

4)Yes the economy is bad but jobs will flourish again on recovery and in many different areas of the economy.

5)Many local manufacturers have struggled for a while now and are seeing a boost, maybe local businesses instead of importing 100% from overseas due to the lower cost of manufacturing might consider a better mix of (70/30 Import/Local) to be able to better whether/react to scenarios like this and currency fluctuations----this helps manufacturing in Australia and jobs.

6) Telecommunication jobs will see a short term boom.

7) Healthcare jobs will see a prolonged boom.

8) Maybe people out of work and needing funds will start selling on mass investment properties which may help lower housing prices---will probably start at Holiday homes and slowly work it’s way through all sectors.

9)NRL “might” actually become more financially stable and profitable from a lower cost base in the future for all clubs if they can weather the storm.

10) Technical Coach makes more money in the future off the back of this----so many opportunities but everyone's health and the healthcare system comes first before greed everyday of the week.

Oh and a few other things I wanted to mention:

A) If I hear another person describe it as “UnAustralian” in relation to the way people started loading up their shopping trolleys in fear I will probably think about expanding my Technical Coach job description to include tosser control services----it’s like saying “Us Aussies are a special kind and would never fall victim to such selfish survival modes”---shut the f^&k up seriously.

B)People who abuse sick days and don’t store them for a bad day, now reliant on the Govt for a handout---what is the point of living within your means or following the rules if you know the Govt is always going to lend those who don't a lending hand.

C) Many(i didn’t say “all” ok) people who live pay cheque to pay cheque or ones who are overly leveraged into the housing market(due to greed) and can’t really afford it, once again are going to receive way too much Govt assistance, f&rk that, take responsibility for your lives.

95% of the doom and gloom and positive stories on news media in relation to the crisis are just click bait crap----even the silly positive article that there was a 10% drop in new cases over one day was pure clickbait trash----just to differentiate from the doom and gloom.(A week of continued reductions of new cases is a genuine story not just one day)

Even the pictures of completely empty retail outlets and streets--- yeah waiting for the perfect shot of no people and cars around for greater headline story visual appeal. Yes retail is slow, yes there are less people around in shopping centers but not as empty as the pics suggest.

And what does playing out my lame ass nick once again have to do with the subject at hand, stick to the topic and leave out personal attacks.

Predictable that Susan jumped on the bandwagon of attack since he/she/gender fluid/gender neutral was taken to task on the “Social Experiment” comments, how on earth do people see my view points as more negative than what Susan has posted.

Things will start to improve in 2021, maybe even the back end of this year so chin up people and start to appreciate what you have, not what you don't.

Over and out…..
Mate, you seriously have no idea ...... I'm in retail and it is the worst I have ever seen it ...... but you always seem to know a lot about a lot and if you think retail is going OK it must be then? Must just be me that thinks it's ****. Yesterday I made the decision to temporarily close what up until two weeks ago was a thriving retail and online store. I've put my staff on indefinite "holidays" and to be honest I really do not know if I will open again ........ but yeah, things in retail are good. Open your eyes, shops and restaurants are closing all over the place....

Fun fact:

when one says "over" it means 'I'm finished and expect a response.'

When one says "out" it means 'I heard you and I'm ending this conversation.'

Hollywood keeps pretending there's a correct phrase of "over and out" - there's not!

I'm pretty certain, due to my social isolation - that the above blurb is the most important issue we all have today!

Football, meat pies, kangaroos and holden cars!

50% gone!

Don't feel jealous Mark i highly doubt Wombat64 knows how to hold her undivided attention for longer than 10 seconds before she is bored and moves on or it "prematurely ends" so you won't be waiting long for your opportunity.

Sadly that would be me, oh for the good old days!!

Fun fact:

Hollywood keeps pretending there's a correct phrase of "over and out" - there's not!

I'm pretty certain, due to my social isolation - that the above blurb is the most important issue we all have today!

50% gone!
Im tried to be a radio operator in the army, but with the name Rodger Datt they soon moved me into another area.

Mate, you seriously have no idea ...... I'm in retail and it is the worst I have ever seen it ...... but you always seem to know a lot about a lot and if you think retail is going OK it must be then? Must just be me that thinks it's ****. Yesterday I made the decision to temporarily close what up until two weeks ago was a thriving retail and online store. I've put my staff on indefinite "holidays" and to be honest I really do not know if I will open again ........ but yeah, things in retail are good. Open your eyes, shops and restaurants are closing all over the place....
Where in my comments did i even say "retail is ok" i just said it is not as empty as the news media make it out to be----i said retail is slow that is bloody obvious mate.

Where in my comments did i even say "retail is ok" i just said it is not as empty as the news media make it out to be----i said retail is slow that is bloody obvious mate.
Below is what you wrote.

"Even the pictures of completely empty retail outlets and streets--- yeah waiting for the perfect shot of no people and cars around for greater headline story visual appeal. Yes retail is slow, yes there are less people around in shopping centers but not as empty as the pics suggest."

You're an idiot. it's so much worse than you think. People aren't spending because they fear for their jobs and as a result retail sales have just fallen off a cliff. What would I know? I'm only in retail? Trying to explain it to you is like trying to explain this whole situation to a melon. I'm not arguing with you anymore, I have more important things to worry about ...

You're blocked. I don't need to read rubbish from melon heads like you at this point in time.....

Last edited:
Worst thing is I’m stuck with my darling wife of 45 years TWENTY FOUR SEVEN!!

Bugger me where is Eugenie Bouchard when you need her??

PS: I’ll manage and Eugenie would probably give me a heart attack anyway BUT what a delightful way to go!

Just keeping your options open Mark!

Below is what you wrote.

"Even the pictures of completely empty retail outlets and streets--- yeah waiting for the perfect shot of no people and cars around for greater headline story visual appeal. Yes retail is slow, yes there are less people around in shopping centers but not as empty as the pics suggest."

You're an idiot. it's so much worse than you think. People aren't spending because they fear for their jobs and as a result retail sales have just fallen off a cliff. What would I know? I'm only in retail? Trying to explain it to you is like trying to explain this whole situation to a melon. I'm not arguing with you anymore, I have more important things to worry about ...

You're blocked. I don't need to read rubbish from melon heads like you at this point in time.....
I am saying retail is slow no question, it is bad, shop are closing now, but the shopping centers have not been completely empty like the media portray in the extreme pics for click bait---this is not me saying the problem doesn't exist but that the media stretches the truth.

You are not explaining anything, it is obvious with the closures things are bad for retail but the media has a responsibility to represent things without sensationalism and bias---waiting for an empty moment to take a picture is not portraying the entire truth.

First off my reply was mainly focused on the importance of not underestimating the impact on the Healthcare system this virus will have---comments like “Social Experiment” by gender fluid Susan really comes across leaning far too much on protecting the Economy over the health of the nation.

My stats were there to illustrate how little change is required to overwhelm the healthcare system, yes you try and get a balancing act and not neglect the economy but the health care of the nation and it’s capacity to look after all illnesses comes first.

My comments in relation to the positives that will come out of this comes from many angles.

1) Hopefully more investment in Healthcare by all Govt’s across the globe---been well under funded for far too long.

2) The amount of global combined research into this virus and money invested I’m sure will lead to more combined efforts and financing funnelled towards many other illnesses/viruses etc speeding up cures and understanding.

3)A better understanding on how to best react when the next pandemic hits us, luckily this virus is not as deadly as SARS and MERS---this is our warning shot so lets learn from this and better prepare for a more deadly outbreak.

4)Yes the economy is bad but jobs will flourish again on recovery and in many different areas of the economy.

5)Many local manufacturers have struggled for a while now and are seeing a boost, maybe local businesses instead of importing 100% from overseas due to the lower cost of manufacturing might consider a better mix of (70/30 Import/Local) to be able to better whether/react to scenarios like this and currency fluctuations----this helps manufacturing in Australia and jobs.

6) Telecommunication jobs will see a short term boom.

7) Healthcare jobs will see a prolonged boom.

8) Maybe people out of work and needing funds will start selling on mass investment properties which may help lower housing prices---will probably start at Holiday homes and slowly work it’s way through all sectors.

9)NRL “might” actually become more financially stable and profitable from a lower cost base in the future for all clubs if they can weather the storm.

10) Technical Coach makes more money in the future off the back of this----so many opportunities but everyone's health and the healthcare system comes first before greed everyday of the week.

Oh and a few other things I wanted to mention:

A) If I hear another person describe it as “UnAustralian” in relation to the way people started loading up their shopping trolleys in fear I will probably think about expanding my Technical Coach job description to include tosser control services----it’s like saying “Us Aussies are a special kind and would never fall victim to such selfish survival modes”---shut the f^&k up seriously.

B)People who abuse sick days and don’t store them for a bad day, now reliant on the Govt for a handout---what is the point of living within your means or following the rules if you know the Govt is always going to lend those who don't a lending hand.

C) Many(i didn’t say “all” ok) people who live pay cheque to pay cheque or ones who are overly leveraged into the housing market(due to greed) and can’t really afford it, once again are going to receive way too much Govt assistance, f&rk that, take responsibility for your lives.

95% of the doom and gloom and positive stories on news media in relation to the crisis are just click bait crap----even the silly positive article that there was a 10% drop in new cases over one day was pure clickbait trash----just to differentiate from the doom and gloom.(A week of continued reductions of new cases is a genuine story not just one day)

Even the pictures of completely empty retail outlets and streets--- yeah waiting for the perfect shot of no people and cars around for greater headline story visual appeal. Yes retail is slow, yes there are less people around in shopping centers but not as empty as the pics suggest.

And what does playing out my lame ass nick once again have to do with the subject at hand, stick to the topic and leave out personal attacks.

Predictable that Susan jumped on the bandwagon of attack since he/she/gender fluid/gender neutral was taken to task on the “Social Experiment” comments, how on earth do people see my view points as more negative than what Susan has posted.

Things will start to improve in 2021, maybe even the back end of this year so chin up people and start to appreciate what you have, not what you don't.

Over and out…..
I like point No.5. Makes sense. But I have that horrible feeling, that even though a harsh lesson has been dealt with putting all your eggs in one basket, it’ll come down to the company accountants bottom line. And we will have learnt nothing, and will repeat it all over again.

Our economy is being hit very very hard by this thing. Unfortunately we have been selling ourselves out chasing profit and a quick fix. What’s forgotten is that a big tree needs a solid root system otherwise it gets blown over by a storm. We are in a storm and we sold our root system to overseas corporations who don’t care about us. They just send our medical supplies to their country. We need to support our farmers and stop exporting our produce and importing produce from overseas. We need a solid manufacturing platform so as to reduce our dependence on other countries. But we are all blinded by the profit margin. Greed is bad!

Who here really thinks anything will change after COVID19 is a memory ?? We'll just revert to the same society we were before the pandemic. That's a 100% sure bet - greed and self interest are very powerful characteristics of so called developed countries. Governments won't change anything because their sole motivation is getting through their term and getting re-elected, i.e. keeping their jobs.

This will be a blip on the radar of social conscience.

Who here really thinks anything will change after COVID19 is a memory ?? We'll just revert to the same society we were before the pandemic. That's a 100% sure bet - greed and self interest are very powerful characteristics of so called developed countries. Governments won't change anything because their sole motivation is getting through their term and getting re-elected, i.e. keeping their jobs.

It depends how bad it gets I guess - for both deaths and the economy. If it's bad, then the flaws in our current systems will be well and truly exposed to the majority of the population and governments will have no choice but to action reform. If we scrape through, then there's nothing to see here and the majority of us move on.

Completely agree, C & C. Our attention will soon be shifted to the next disaster. As a nation, we pretty much forgot about the devastation the bushfires caused as soon as it started raining. I admire the optimism of anybody who thinks this might act as some sort of a wake-up call. But sadly (for me, mainly), I'm convinced that people, individually and in groups, are basically selfish ****s and will always act accordingly.

Fun fact:

50% gone!

Bugger me ... as a qualified emergency radio operator ... I can confirm that you are correct ... and correct was not a word I was expecting to use in relation to a post by you .... happy days ..

It'll have an effect on the economy no doubt, but that will just make corporations greedier to recoup the losses. How long do you think Joe Blow shareholder will allow BOD's to use COVID19 as an excuse for single figure growth ?, same as Joe Public's Super fund returns .....me, me , me ...I need to retire.

Government stimulus packages just paper over the cracks and continue the cycle of cheap debt and the leveraged to the hilt mentality. No political party is going to make a tough stand - they have screwed themselves because the have an overcooked residential property market that they just CAN'T afford to deflate. Political suicide. The only way this will instigate any change is if it turns into a full blown depression - where we won't have any choice but to reset the parameters. However no one in their right mind wants that. So I expect they'll prop up the economy as best they can, pray like all hell this goes away in 6 months and they market it as the recession we had to have. Then it'll be back to self interest across the board. We are all guilty of it, as much as we might like to think otherwise.

The only thing I can see that might come out of it as a positive is that it will make companies think about their reliance on single source supply chains - i.e China. This might redistribute some of the manufacturing capability to other developing nations

It will be interesting to see how the current (or future) government plans to get us back into the black now. Will they have the guts to raise taxes (especially for those who can afford them) once things have recovered or will they just take an axe to the public services that they are currently propping up to get us through the current crisis? I would be very worried if I was employed in (non essential) government services like the arts and environment right now.

So here we go . Where to from here ?....

The only way from here is up !

Slowly and gradually we will recover and rebuild
Look forward to the better days ahead !
unnamed.jpg

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4