So here we go

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
It'll have an effect on the economy no doubt, but that will just make corporations greedier to recoup the losses. How long do you think Joe Blow shareholder will allow BOD's to use COVID19 as an excuse for single figure growth ?, same as Joe Public's Super fund returns .....me, me , me ...I need to retire.

Government stimulus packages just paper over the cracks and continue the cycle of cheap debt and the leveraged to the hilt mentality. No political party is going to make a tough stand - they have screwed themselves because the have an overcooked residential property market that they just CAN'T afford to deflate. Political suicide. The only way this will instigate any change is if it turns into a full blown depression - where we won't have any choice but to reset the parameters. However no one in their right mind wants that. So I expect they'll prop up the economy as best they can, pray like all hell this goes away in 6 months and they market it as the recession we had to have. Then it'll be back to self interest across the board. We are all guilty of it, as much as we might like to think otherwise.

The only thing I can see that might come out of it as a positive is that it will make companies think about their reliance on single source supply chains - i.e China. This might redistribute some of the manufacturing capability to other developing nations
I totally agree, my optimism is more about opportunities that can arise from such situations---for the most part everything will revert back to how it was though.

In saying that after things crash you can get a prolonged growth period to enjoy/pounce on just like the "Recession we had to have" in the early 90's to kill high interest rates and inflation.

Conversely this shock in the economy and more printed money should in the medium term(but it wont) cause inflation.(which we badly need) What will happen is the "World Govt" will take advantage of countries deep in debt, will want to kill off most of the banks and reduce the amount of currencies in circulation.

Anyone who has done Economics 101 should know that competition is good, reducing the amount of currencies reduces competition and reduces the influence/power a country has to regulate the economic needs of it's own.

And on a side note to the "i promote my "blocking people" list because it strokes my ego" contributor here----i know the pain of retail right now---my niece can't even open her new business that was scheduled to have it's grand opening on the same week of the further lock-downs.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6