So here we go

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

susan

Bencher
So one of the great social experiments in our countries history is about to begin with the lockdown.

Good luck to those unfortunate people who are effected badly by the virus, stay strong the docs and nurses in the front line, everyone is behind you - strength also to the inevitable victims of domestic violence and child abuse and to those dealing with the fallout - and be very careful on the streets feathered friends. My brother is a senior detective here on Goldy and the freaks are out their prowling in numbers. Mate of mine almost had his carjacked in Hope Island today.

And good luck to the kids out there who are confused. My daughter is in her last year with her uni future on the line. It’s tough for the young ones even if they are not likely to get sick.

Stay safe and well feathered friends.

Still with the 'social experiment' language? Yes our economy (and the US etc etc) is a house of cards but to act as though the economy could survive and prosper with a smashed health system - now that would indeed be an experiment and one with an even worse ending.(Seems to be the experiment Trump & co now suggesting, good luck!)
The fact all our (worldwide) economies have been shown to be so fragile is very revealing - it makes the NRL's management look like very wise future planners by comparison!
But yes a lot of hardship and difficult times are here, take care of yourselves everyone. And stay home if you can!

It was not meant that way at all mate so to put it bluntly get back in your box!
My partner is an ED nurse , my brother a copper and my daughter is struggling.... and another brother has the ****ing disease! I reckon I have every right to wish people well.

it is a social experiment because it has never happened and our leaders made a choice.That is undeniable. If you don’t think this will be massive in terms of testing society’s fabric in so many other ways other than a virulent disease outbreak you a downright fool. It was meant to mean nothing other than a message of good luck and be safe to those suffering health wise , the great medical staff we have and those trying to minimise the social fallout.

I was sincerely wishing everyone effected the best. If that doesn’t suit your agenda I couldn’t give a ****.

Last edited:
Well I thought you saying something else, obviously. I'm not sure why you think I am a fool who doesn't agree that this will be massive in terms of testing society's fabric in every way. There's nothing I've said in any of these discussions that could have been taken that way!
But in any case, sorry I misread, I thought you were still pushing your agenda, but yes lets drop all that and I join you in wishing everyone (including you and your family of course) to stay safe and lets get through all this unprecedented situation.

These tough times will impact every one of us in different ways

Always remember feathered friends to stay positive and hang in there because ...

OUR PRESENT SITUATION IS NOT OUR FINAL DESTINATION
IMG_0788.PNG

Well I thought you saying something else, obviously. I'm not sure why you think I am a fool who doesn't agree that this will be massive in terms of testing society's fabric in every way. There's nothing I've said in any of these discussions that could have been taken that way!
But in any case, sorry I misread, I thought you were still pushing your agenda, but yes lets drop all that and I join you in wishing everyone (including you and your family of course) to stay safe and lets get through all this unprecedented situation.
I’ll say it again. Our views are clear and differ. This is NOT about that SE8.
This is about simply hoping EVERYONE involved is careful, safe and realises we are in uncharted waters whereby we have no idea how a society will react. My main concern is for my partner who will be 24/7 in the firing line but each of us will be dealing with this in so many more ways other than simply heath.

Anyway I shouldn’t be arguing with you. You are obviously an intelligent bloke with legitimate concerns also. Sign of the times I suppose and one of the reasons I think we may be very surprised at a lot of human reactions over the next sixth months.

Last edited:
Thanks @susan and sorry for the overreaction I must be a bit jumpy (watching stupid US news shows on TV this morning probably hasn't settled my nerves). I expect pretty much all of us are either in the firing line or have people near to us who will be, but for sure none more so than your partner and all our hospital and ED staff, so special thanks to them.

Thanks @susan and sorry for the overreaction I must be a bit jumpy (watching stupid US news shows on TV this morning probably hasn't settled my nerves). I expect pretty much all of us are either in the firing line or have people near to us who will be, but for sure none more so than your partner and all our hospital and ED staff, so special thanks to them.
All good SE8 Apologies too. One of the things I am most worried about is the DV stuff. I’ve been effected by that in many ways in my life and speaking to a couple of people at the frontline who are friends with my partner they are really worried about it escalating badly.

Even in good times it is a massive problem.Between seeing people sick and this sort of stuff it’s not going to be pretty.

Regulars will know that I am not someone who likes to big note ... but given this is of a topical subject ... I will forego my usual modesty and say ...

That one of the people I have a coffee with every morning at table #25. and have done so for the past 8 years is the Local State Member of Parliament ..... as of a few days ago we now buy take away and sit at the benches (1.5m from each other) at the surf club ...

Now old mate ... the member ... has a degree in Economics, and before becoming a polly ... was chairman of one of the countries biggest Agricultural collectives ... he is an experienced International businessman ....

Now he gets daily updates from Parliament, the Police commissioner and emergency services, the health commissioner, and evry other vested agency ... and then gives daily updates to the community .... we discuss the big issues ... daily ... like this morning we were concerned about where I will get a haircut ....

I am prepared to take my level of hysteria from him ... I promise all of you ... the minute I see him start to twitch ... or mumble all is lost ....

You people will be the first I tell ....

If any of you have Netflix I urge you to watch Pandemic.

Governments around the globe were warned to increase the funding to health and not one of them did.

Governments around the globe were warned to increase the funding to health and not one of them did.

Will do.

And for something really crazy and off topic to get through the day watch Tiger King on Netflix ... hard to explain but we are in a seriously ****ed up world .

I dont know about anyone else ,but its the last thing I want to watch at the moment.
This sh!t is only just beginning and Im done reading all this doom and gloom .
I know I wanted to limit screen time and this F@#%ing thing has made it real easy.

Regulars will know that I am not someone who likes to big note ... but given this is of a topical subject ... I will forego my usual modesty and say ...

That one of the people I have a coffee with every morning at table #25. and have done so for the past 8 years is the Local State Member of Parliament ..... as of a few days ago we now buy take away and sit at the benches (1.5m from each other) at the surf club ...

Now old mate ... the member ... has a degree in Economics, and before becoming a polly ... was chairman of one of the countries biggest Agricultural collectives ... he is an experienced International businessman ....

Now he gets daily updates from Parliament, the Police commissioner and emergency services, the health commissioner, and evry other vested agency ... and then gives daily updates to the community .... we discuss the big issues ... daily ... like this morning we were concerned about where I will get a haircut ....

I am prepared to take my level of hysteria from him ... I promise all of you ... the minute I see him start to twitch ... or mumble all is lost ....

You people will be the first I tell ....
I understand your sincerity @Woodsie and I also understand that our situation is real
But so Is Hope .
Take care and keep safe and positive
IMG_0788.PNG

I dont know about anyone else ,but its the last thing I want to watch at the moment.
This sh!t is only just beginning and Im done reading all this doom and gloom .
I know I wanted to limit screen time and this F@#%ing thing has made it real easy.

Plagues and epidemics have ravaged humanity throughout its existence, often changing the course of history.

The only advice I could offer you and anyone else is to drink a cup of concrete and toughen up :punch:This won't be the last one either.

Oh and stop panic buying and hoarding all the toilet paper. Sharing is caring ;)

Only trying to lighten the mood :)

It was not meant that way at all mate so to put it bluntly get back in your box!
My partner is an ED nurse , my brother a copper and my daughter is struggling.... and another brother has the ****ing disease! I reckon I have every right to wish people well.

it is a social experiment because it has never happened and our leaders made a choice.That is undeniable. If you don’t think this will be massive in terms of testing society’s fabric in so many other ways other than a virulent disease outbreak you a downright fool. It was meant to mean nothing other than a message of good luck and be safe to those suffering health wise , the great medical staff we have and those trying to minimise the social fallout.

I was sincerely wishing everyone effected the best. If that doesn’t suit your agenda I couldn’t give a ****.
There really was no choice on offer after our leaders acted far too slowly in taking this seriously.

When you look at the numbers everything "seems" so small,so insignificant, so "just let the strongest survive and at worst the death rate will be 1-2%"----the simplistic view is "why place 1-2 million in the unemployed basket and cause a million other issues on top of the health ones just to save the 70 and over group even when both methods to slow the spread results in similar outcomes for this age group."

Well the common flu each year kills 0.1% worldwide and even a bad flu season overwhelms the health care system, now add a 1% kill rate and an infection rate 2-3 times more than the common flu and it really shows up how little spare capacity there is in the health care system worldwide to deal with even a small jump of cases in statistical terms (in relative terms it is a massive jump)

It's the kick in the backsides we all needed and there is the potential for plenty of good to come out of this---so stop watching all the doom and gloom stories that are mostly sensationalism and agenda based and keep a positive state of mind----nothing positive comes from a negative outlook.(Fortune cookie 101)

I know there is nothing more pathetic than reading a wise word fortune cookie promoter(well yeah there is when you read such lines on a $200 designer shirt) but the doom and gloom stories really are coming across as bandwagon fear for something to embrace and talk about.

Plagues and epidemics have ravaged humanity throughout its existence, often changing the course of history.

The only advice I could offer you and anyone else is to drink a cup of concrete and toughen up :punch:This won't be the last one either.

Oh and stop panic buying and hoarding all the toilet paper. Sharing is caring ;)

Only trying to lighten the mood :)
Love your work feathered friend :h:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4