So here we go

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I'm running at about 6-7, alarmed but not panicking. The virus itself doesn't worry me too much in terms of I think I would survive it if I catch it. And the lockdown is inconvenient but the upside is I'm getting to work from home (in between home schooling 3 kids :oops: ) My biggest cause for concern is the economic impact this could have - that keeps me awake at night. Hopefully I'm just being a pessimist and it all blows over in 12 months
4 each for health scare and general society economic scare!

Worst thing is I’m stuck with my darling wife of 45 years TWENTY FOUR SEVEN!!

Bugger me where is Eugenie Bouchard when you need her??

PS: I’ll manage and Eugenie would probably give me a heart attack anyway BUT what a delightful way to go!

If only the WHO pandemic preparedness plea of 2007 could have been acted on, if only bill gates TED talk was acted on, if only the world economic forums 2019 Event 201 had been seen as a warning, if only the WHO coronavirus warning in January had been taken seriously we may not be in this horrible mess.

@urulion .. sorry to ask you a question without notice ... and I know without specific knowledge of the Players contracts you can only generalise ... but ..

From my understanding a players contract is with the club ... and that the NRL then registers those contracts, and guarantees the clubs the salary cap money to pay those contracts ... so if there are no games, and the NRL defaults on the payments to the clubs ... the clubs in turn will default in the payments to players ... and the players are then in a position to either negotiate some other solution ... or sue the clubs for their money ... Can't see them doing that because that would simply send the clubs bankrupt ... and without the clubs they would stand no chance of getting a contract for next year or the years to come ...

So ... if the clubs are in default ... does this or will this lead to a situation of those contracts no longer being valid ... and the possibility of ALL players becoming free agents ???

I am not certain that the players are going to be as passive in the aftermath as some at league headquarters believe they will be ...

Soorry mate if all that is a bit difficult ... just ignore me ..

I am certain that there are clubs that would like to use any excuse to get out of some contracts .. eg Ash Taylor .... and some players equally keen to get out of current contracts eg Ado Carr ...

Hi Woodsie, I hope you are travelling well my friend.

As you have stated (without being privy to contractual specifics), a players contract is with the club and then those contracts are registered with the NRL. The NRL then, as you correctly state, guarantees the salary cap monies to clubs so they pay the contracts.

However, this is a very convoluted situation because there will be several different parties that will feel that a breach of contract has occurred. Some of the parties, but not limited to these parties Broadcasters v NRL, Clubs v NRL, Players/Staff v Clubs.

The reality is that "an act of god" clause would undoubtedly be in the players contract somewhere, hence why there have been talks of payment reductions and negotiations due to the corona catastrophe. In my opinion, arguing over a breach of contract may not assist a club or a player, taking on the NRL with an "Act of god" clause. The major focus should be on the Fiduciary Duty of the NRL for the greater good of the clubs and the players.

The NRL has a Fiduciary Duty to the clubs and players. Just like it apparently had a duty to stand down players for bringing the game into disrepute, in the eyes of the general public. It also has a duty to administer the game coherently (and paying themselves $250,000 bonuses is not one of them) to ensure financial stability.

If the clubs are in default this generally does not lead to invalidity of a contract. The contract is still valid until both parties agree to rescind. The player/staff can seek from the club to remedy the breach and/or specific performance of the contract (pay the outstanding sum). New terms could be negotiated, and last case would be to seek damages/loss. If a club has gone under, there may be hundreds of creditors with a better interest to be paid before a players wages. There may also be a situation that if a club is about to fold the NRL may take over the licence and players may be paid by the NRL (all speculation of course as we haven't seen the contract).

I am looking at this in a very similar way as you are @Woodsie I don't believe the players will be very passive as time goes on, especially if payments are reduced or stopped. It would be interesting if clubs sort to see the NRL books as they were apparently making great profits every year. In light of the clubs being unable to fulfil their contractual obligations and the NRL being unable to take over the club, one can only assume that the player is a free agent.

I hope all this ends passively and the game goes on at a later stage, otherwise, I believe the NRL may have a lot to answer for.

Never ignore you mate, have had great conversations with you here on this forum. I hope this disaster still has you in high spirits

Best regards

If only the WHO pandemic preparedness plea of 2007 could have been acted on, if only bill gates TED talk was acted on, if only the world economic forums 2019 Event 201 had been seen as a warning, if only the WHO coronavirus warning in January had been taken seriously we may not be in this horrible mess.
Turns out greed is not good. Who knew?

One of the things I am most worried about is the DV stuff. I’ve been effected by that in many ways in my life and speaking to a couple of people at the frontline who are friends with my partner they are really worried about it escalating badly.
Actually saw a woman from a shelter speaking today - they're already up 30% in need. Dreadful and hideously predictable.

Worst thing is I’m stuck with my darling wife of 45 years TWENTY FOUR SEVEN!!

Bugger me where is Eugenie Bouchard when you need her??

PS: I’ll manage and Eugenie would probably give me a heart attack anyway BUT what a delightful way to go!
45 Years ! Congratulations to both you and your lovely wife feathered friend .
I think I have posted this before but there is nothing like spicing things up by making a sex tape .
Go to the fancy dress shop and there are plenty of nurses and maids outfits to choose from
As far as a script goes your erotic mind has no limits. Just follow your animal instinct and you cant go wrong !
And if you are kinky enough you can put in on RedTube for the world to see.
Good luck @Mark from Brisbane

Last edited:
45 Years ! Congratulations to both you and your lovely wife feathered friend .
I think I have posted this before but there is nothing like spicing things up by making a sex tape .
Go to the fancy dress shop and there are plenty of nurses and maids outfits to choose from
As far as a script goes your erotic mind has no limits. Just follow your animal instinct and you cant go wrong !
And if you are kinky enough you can put in on RedTube for the world to see.
Good luck @Mark from Brisbane
You’re one of a kind @BOZO .

You’re one of a kind @BOZO .

There is a very fine line between being passionate and being crazy feathered friend

The truth is .......

crazy-quote-1.jpg

If those city farkwits don't stop coming out to the bush and raiding all our shops, killing will start soon enough :axegrind:
Not to mention the people with holiday houses who've decided to sit it out up here on the Central Coast. The hospitals are barely designed to cope with permanent residents.

Just thinking, maybe amongst all this gloom, maybe as Silvertails we could start something positive. Maybe if your short a toilet roll or so, or you know of neighbours in need of something, maybe we should ask, see what as individuals we can do to help, if not reach out to fellow Silvertails, maybe we can help? Humanity is about giving, not receiving. I'm no saint, but last few days walking my dog around the block, met some neighbours. Very humbling to see the response when you can help out.

Haven’t seen much of the news today, I take it you’re heading into a lockdown over there too ?

We are 1.5 hours away from our month long lockdown starting, very surreal today finishing up my work and seeing so many things already shut that are open 24/7, headed to some shops and had to line up with a 1 in/1 out policy in operation and got the hands squirted as I walked in
Wife has spent 2 days with our little bloke and is already mentally spent, interesting 4 weeks ahead with not being allowed to take him out anywhere

So here we go..... I was just thinking

Can you single guys imagine how restless and frustrated all these single woman are locked up in isolation ?

I cant wait till they find a cure for this annoying virus so us single blokes can start going to the bars and clubs again

@Kiwi Eagle not full lockdown yet. But I can see it coming if things don't improve with this latest round of measures.

Talking of surreal did anyone catch Trump on news tonight ?? Claims he wants the US back to normal by Easter so the churches can be full and the country opened up again. LOL. Talk about deluded.

@Kiwi Eagle not full lockdown yet. But I can see it coming if things don't improve with this latest round of measures.

Talking of surreal did anyone catch Trump on news tonight ?? Claims he wants the US back to normal by Easter so the churches can be full and the country opened up again. LOL. Talk about deluded.
With faith everything is possible feathered friend :)

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2