So here we go

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Regulars will know that I am not someone who likes to big note ...

That one of the people I have a coffee with every morning at table #25. and have done so for the past 8 years is the Local State Member of Parliament ..... as of a few days ago we now buy take away and sit at the benches (1.5m from each other) at the surf club ...

Since when do you not like to big note? where's Woodsie???? (lol) <----- see

1.5 metres near you, so people are sitting closer to you now! (lol)

woot! Two for the price of one!

We'll all be rooned!

Plagues and epidemics have ravaged humanity throughout its existence, often changing the course of history.

The only advice I could offer you and anyone else is to drink a cup of concrete and toughen up :punch:This won't be the last one either.

Oh and stop panic buying and hoarding all the toilet paper. Sharing is caring ;)

Only trying to lighten the mood :)
Yeah ,I should be used to it by now .How many plagues you been through ?
Way to lighten the mood , You must be enlightened !

Just a thought ... I wonder how different the infection rate would be if we all still used and paid for everything with cash .....
I can't stand people who take my card off me like I'm not capable of understanding how to place it on the paywave thingy. I wouldn't want to wish COVID on anyone.....but.....those people are a bit annoying >:)

@urulion .. sorry to ask you a question without notice ... and I know without specific knowledge of the Players contracts you can only generalise ... but ..

From my understanding a players contract is with the club ... and that the NRL then registers those contracts, and guarantees the clubs the salary cap money to pay those contracts ... so if there are no games, and the NRL defaults on the payments to the clubs ... the clubs in turn will default in the payments to players ... and the players are then in a position to either negotiate some other solution ... or sue the clubs for their money ... Can't see them doing that because that would simply send the clubs bankrupt ... and without the clubs they would stand no chance of getting a contract for next year or the years to come ...

So ... if the clubs are in default ... does this or will this lead to a situation of those contracts no longer being valid ... and the possibility of ALL players becoming free agents ???

I am not certain that the players are going to be as passive in the aftermath as some at league headquarters believe they will be ...

Soorry mate if all that is a bit difficult ... just ignore me ..

I am certain that there are clubs that would like to use any excuse to get out of some contracts .. eg Ash Taylor .... and some players equally keen to get out of current contracts eg Ado Carr ...

Last edited:
Love your work feathered friend :h:

Thank you, feathered friend

Well, I am caring and sharing so after I wipe I can pass to the next person. Turn over and fold.

But in all seriousness, if those that were infected with the virus stayed the fugg home they wouldn't infect others. Problem solved :)

Thank you, feathered friend

Well, I am caring and sharing so after I wipe I can pass to the next person. Turn over and fold.

But in all seriousness, if those that were infected with the virus stayed the fugg home they wouldn't infect others. Problem solved :)

The only positive infectious thing to spread rapidly around is
Our pride and passion for our great club the Manly Sea eagles

We all know what the right thing to do to keep our great club viable is

Lets spread the word so our club can be immune from extinction !
download.jpg

I have probably gone through more but let's start with 9 for now. Actually heart disease kills more people than any other virus has.

Name Time period Type / Pre-human host Death toll

Hong Kong Flu 1968-1970 H3N2 virus

HIV/AIDS 1981-present Virus / Chimpanzees

Swine Flu 2009-2010 H1N1 virus / Pigs

SARS 2002-2003 Coronavirus / Bats, Civets

Ebola 2014-2016 Ebolavirus / Wild animals

Bird Flu 2013-2017 Birds

MERS 2015-Present Coronavirus / Bats, camels

Zika 2018-Present mosquitoes

COVID-19 2019-Present Coronavirus – Unknown (possibly pangolins)

I am prepared to take my level of hysteria from him ... I promise all of you ... the minute I see him start to twitch ... or mumble all is lost ....

You people will be the first I tell ....
So how would you rate his level of hysteria currently on a scale of 1 to 10.

1 being so calm I'm almost asleep
10 being foetal position talking in tongues

So one of the great social experiments in our countries history is about to begin with the lockdown.

Good luck to those unfortunate people who are effected badly by the virus, stay strong the docs and nurses in the front line, everyone is behind you - strength also to the inevitable victims of domestic violence and child abuse and to those dealing with the fallout - and be very careful on the streets feathered friends. My brother is a senior detective here on Goldy and the freaks are out their prowling in numbers. Mate of mine almost had his carjacked in Hope Island today.

And good luck to the kids out there who are confused. My daughter is in her last year with her uni future on the line. It’s tough for the young ones even if they are not likely to get sick.

Stay safe and well feathered friends.

I am behind them, but 1.5m behind them

I'm running at about 6-7, alarmed but not panicking. The virus itself doesn't worry me too much in terms of I think I would survive it if I catch it. And the lockdown is inconvenient but the upside is I'm getting to work from home (in between home schooling 3 kids :oops: ) My biggest cause for concern is the economic impact this could have - that keeps me awake at night. Hopefully I'm just being a pessimist and it all blows over in 12 months

Still with the 'social experiment' language? Yes our economy (and the US etc etc) is a house of cards but to act as though the economy could survive and prosper with a smashed health system - now that would indeed be an experiment and one with an even worse ending.(Seems to be the experiment Trump & co now suggesting, good luck!)
The fact all our (worldwide) economies have been shown to be so fragile is very revealing - it makes the NRL's management look like very wise future planners by comparison!
But yes a lot of hardship and difficult times are here, take care of yourselves everyone. And stay home if you can!

All this manufacturing in China has
Still with the 'social experiment' language? Yes our economy (and the US etc etc) is a house of cards but to act as though the economy could survive and prosper with a smashed health system - now that would indeed be an experiment and one with an even worse ending.(Seems to be the experiment Trump & co now suggesting, good luck!)
The fact all our (worldwide) economies have been shown to be so fragile is very revealing - it makes the NRL's management look like very wise future planners by comparison!
But yes a lot of hardship and difficult times are here, take care of yourselves everyone. And stay home if you can!

Big lesson here by sending all our manufacturing to China has proven to be a single point of failure.

Not that cheap in the long run.

Big lesson here by sending all our manufacturing to China has proven to be a single point of failure.

Not that cheap in the long run.
Agree, manufacturing has been a massive weakness in our economy for decades. Although even countries with more balanced economies are being exposed at the moment.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8