• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kalvin

Bencher
Just wondering if anyone has any info re snake being back in the pants?

I believe he has taken on a mentoring/ambassador role... has anyone seen him at training etc? I think his insight would really assist the likes of TT.

I believe he has taken on a mentoring/ambassador role... has anyone seen him at training etc? I think his insight would really assist the likes of TT.
He will teach him positional play and how to better defend. Snake used to put his body on the line im expecting to see this in turbos game in 19. Oh and how and when to pass or run

Matty Ballin again confirmed Snake’s role in ‘fullback education’ at the club, on Fox Sports last night.

He was also quizzed on the difference in Des second time around at the club. He said Des’s communication and rapport with the playing group is even better now. Said that while he is a task master on the training paddock and will often rip in to players, he makes the effort to get to know the groups friends and family and in terms of work ethic leaves nothing unturned. Will often leave Narrabeen at 8pm after being in there from 7am.

He seemed very optimistic around the 2019 season.

I can only applaud the current direction with the club.

We have some absolute legends that can contribute to the current side.....Brett Stewart being a key person to mentor Tommy and younger fullbacks.

Matt Ballin......you just need this guy involved. I don't care what it is, but great to see him in his current role. He is the kind of personality that club cultures are built around.

Does anyone have a link, I’m sitting in the office wasting to much time trying to find it.

It's awesome stuff for the Manly club.
TB, the poor man without furniture, seemed to drive the legends away in his attempt to make his imprint and mould his own team while also being their gel-haired drinking buddy.
Des comes back, club legends return and Manly comes back to Manly.
The team mightn't be title ready just yet but it's building.
Just missing the great Tooves and it would me nice to see entice Matai back, at least for a get together and end things on the right note.
Exciting times.
Stoked to have Snake and Matty.B, Des, Donny and Manly back.

He will teach Tom positional play, with defence the main regime.....Tom's attack is already his own style and apart from selective passing his running game is already the best in the NRL, in a team that finished 2nd last in 2018.
I feel that with Stewart and Des mentoring this freakish fullback, he will have far more of a voice from the back, which was Snakes most underrated attribute through the Golden Manly dominance period.
Also Tom has made a few errors at the back that have come down to pressure with the opposition arriving on top of him....with that better sense of positional play, will give him more time and far less likely for an error to occur.
Snakes best guidance will be talk and positioning.

He will teach Tom positional play, with defence the main regime.....Tom's attack is already his own style and apart from selective passing his running game is already the best in the NRL, in a team that finished 2nd last in 2018.
I feel that with Stewart and Des mentoring this freakish fullback, he will have far more of a voice from the back, which was Snakes most underrated attribute through the Golden Manly dominance period.
Also Tom has made a few errors at the back that have come down to pressure with the opposition arriving on top of him....with that better sense of positional play, will give him more time and far less likely for an error to occur.
Snakes best guidance will be talk and positioning.

Yes if you were ever at games watching from behind ( then they were attacking ) , which is where the Gold Coast used to seat us ( despite a huge area on the sideline being empty) you could see him screaming orders almost non stop, not only in defence but attack as well.

He had the ability to spot a hole in the defensive line that was second to none, and that was both ours and theirs.

I’m excited to see what Tom can gain from this very valuable asset.

TB, ... , seemed to drive the legends away

TB was not the man for the job. But on this point, the blame lay elsewhere.

The rot had started well before Barrett got here. Starting with the disgraceful character assassination of Toovey in the print media, which was the most cardinal sin of the lot of them.

In any case, burying the hatchet and re-signing Des was absolutely the best thing the club could have done for re-building culture and belief.

The rot had started well before Barrett got here. Starting with the disgraceful character assassination of Toovey in the print media, which was the most cardinal sin of the lot of them.

In any case, burying the hatchet and re-signing Des was absolutely the best thing the club could have done for re-building culture and belief.
The club have done an outstanding job in the last six months... I have a feeling that they were probably going to sweep Baz out the door as well... and when his little face saving attempt backfired, they didn’t have to pay him out a season and a half’s worth of salary.

Yep, I have heard from a number of ex-players that after what the club did to Tooves, they didn't want to be around the place.
There's also a number of players from the '87 Premiership team who are filthy with the club as they haven't put on a reunion for them like they did for other years.

Slightly off topic, but a former PM famously did some of his best work out of ‘the pants.’

Not sure if any snakes got in on the act.

Funny you know that snakes doing that now. He could of played the same role in 2017 while still playing if Barrett hadn’t of been such a wanker

Barrett wanted to put a stamp on his coaching presence at MWSE. He believed his ability resided in a far higher place than reality, pretty much like his playing ability.
He alienated everyone and everything that is at the core of our historical success and in the process destroyed any chance of a FG coaching career.
Bozo, management, Snake, and all the other legends that would have moved the world to help if asked.
He had no idea.

We are back on track and if given a somewhat fair run by the NRL admin and injuries we WILL relive the dominance we are hated for very soon.

Yep, I have heard from a number of ex-players that after what the club did to Tooves, they didn't want to be around the place.
There's also a number of players from the '87 Premiership team who are filthy with the club as they haven't put on a reunion for them like they did for other years.
What plausible excuse or reason could there have been for some section of the club management in 2017 for not facilitating some type of a reunion for the 87 premiers . I could certainly not think of any , pretty poor form by some level of the administration . ,

Yes if you were ever at games watching from behind ( then they were attacking ) , which is where the Gold Coast used to seat us ( despite a huge area on the sideline being empty) you could see him screaming orders almost non stop, not only in defence but attack as well.

He had the ability to spot a hole in the defensive line that was second to none, and that was both ours and theirs.

I’m excited to see what Tom can gain from this very valuable asset.
Too right about the directions. I heard him loud and clear at the Titans matches and each time I could make that trip to Sydney for a Brookie match. Snake would yell so much his voice would become scratchy as someone with laryngitis by the end of the match.
But he probably didn't order the team around so much when he was a little kid like Tommy. This is great opportunity for Tom to gain the confidence needed to be a commanding fullback.
Hopefully down the track we'll be talking about T.Turbo the same way we do about, Eadie, Snake and Ridge.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4