• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Funny you know that snakes doing that now. He could of played the same role in 2017 while still playing if Barrett hadn’t of been such a wanker

Snake would of have to have wanted to do it mate for it to happen

Baz might have been a dud but I think other factors were at play and baz did not stop him

Baz and snakes relationship was ok
It just wasnt the right time for snake in 17

In saying that he is here now so all good
Go manly

Yes if you were ever at games watching from behind ( then they were attacking ) , which is where the Gold Coast used to seat us ( despite a huge area on the sideline being empty) you could see him screaming orders almost non stop, not only in defence but attack as well.

He had the ability to spot a hole in the defensive line that was second to none, and that was both ours and theirs.

I’m excited to see what Tom can gain from this very valuable asset.

The best two organising fullbacks I've ever seen at Manly are Matty Ridge and Snake. They directed traffic better than a veteran cop on point duty.

Its no coincidence that we won premierships with those two at fullback.

The best two organising fullbacks I've ever seen at Manly are Matty Ridge and Snake. They directed traffic better than a veteran cop on point duty.

Snake and Ridge were great organizers and Snake also had the dynamic speed to convert breaks into tries.
My favourite Manly fullback was Wombat who won 4 Grand finals . That is more than those 2 put together . Built strong, low to the ground and fast , Eadie was a starter and finisher and would finish the opposition with his Bob Mrcarthy bullocking bursts knocking players over like tenpins over the try line .
We all have our favourites on here thats for sure .

Last edited:
Snake and Ridge were great organizers and Snake also had the dynamic speed to convert breaks into tries.
My favourite Manly fullback was Wombat who won 4 Grand finals . That is more than those 2 put together . Built strong, low to the ground and fast Eadie was a starter and finisher and would finish the opposition with his Bob Mrcarthy bullocking bursts knocking players over like tenpins over the try line .
We all have our favourites on here thats for sure .

If I was 10 years older I'd definitely have had Wombat in that list with Ridge and Snake, but unfortunately he was basically before my time so never really got to see him play (have only been a Manly fan since 1982 and back then rugby league coverage in Adelaide was as rare as rocking horse $hit. You couldn't even buy Rugby League Week from a newsagent here without special order until about 1990 because no one carried it).

If I was 10 years older I'd definitely have had Wombat in that list with Ridge and Snake, but unfortunately he was basically before my time so never really got to see him play (have only been a Manly fan since 1982 and back then rugby league coverage in Adelaide was as rare as rocking horse $hit. You couldn't even buy Rugby League Week from a newsagent here without special order until about 1990 because no one carried it).
Thank God for old footage of the games that made it possible for us to get to see those great players of the past .
The Wombat won the grand final replay on his own . Sit back and enjoy !!!

I've seen plenty of Wombat on video. I just wish I had been able to see him play live in his prime because he was THE fullback of the 1970s. His first half against the Sharks in the 1978 GF replay was a thing of beauty. He was simply unstoppable.

I've seen plenty of Wombat on video. I just wish I had been able to see him play live in his prime because he was THE fullback of the 1970s. His first half against the Sharks in the 1978 GF replay was a thing of beauty. He was simply unstoppable.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graham_Eadie

I was lucky enough to watch Wombat here and on some Kangaroo Tours overseas.

At 19 he established himself as a Manly Premiership fullback and left us with 4 Premierships :clap:

An amazing natural athlete :inlove:

Thank God for old footage of the games that made it possible for us to get to see those great players of the past .
The Wombat won the grand final replay on his own . Sit back and enjoy !!!
What about his tackle on the late great Steve 'sludge' Rogers in the 1st half of that grand final.
It was like that great player had run into a telegraph pole...

I’m blessed to have seen the great Wombat play , he was a different type of player to Ridge / Stewart but they were different days as well.

I had a photo ( sadly I lost the phone it was on and pre the days of auto back ups) of myself at a function on the Goldie, Wombat on one side , me in the middle, Snake on the other side!!

7th heaven.

I’m blessed to have seen the great Wombat play , he was a different type of player to Ridge / Stewart but they were different days as well.

I had a photo ( sadly I lost the phone it was on and pre the days of auto back ups) of myself at a function on the Goldie, Wombat on one side , me in the middle, Snake on the other side!!

7th heaven.
When Harmicael K*nt came into 1st grade with his charging runs reminded me most of Wombat.
Fortunately that's where the similarities ended...

I suspect it's been the same with Slater. The Storm will be a shadow of the side without him.

Snake would of have to have wanted to do it mate for it to happen
Baz might have been a dud but I think other factors were at play and baz did not stop him
Baz and snakes relationship was ok
It just wasnt the right time for snake in 17

In saying that he is here now so all good
Go manly
from what i was told from a former player was that tb didn't want any former players involved(including snake & matai).
im not implying that they wanted to be there, just that tb didn't want them involved

from what i was told from a former player was that tb didn't want any former players involved(including snake & matai).
im not implying that they wanted to be there, just that tb didn't want them involved

Barrett wasn't, isn't and never will be Manly. Plain and simple.

As far as Snake and Barrett go.....from my understanding, Snake felt he still had more to give as a player back in 2016 and that it was Barrett's choice to basically call time on his first grade career when he dropped him from the team and used the injury excuse to try and justify it. And from what I know that never sat well with Snake (or others including Bozo) so I am not sure how their own relationship is "OK" as someone here said.

From the outside looking in, it seemed to me that Barrett was doing all he could to take Manly away from what has made this club great, from being Manly. He never embraced the culture of this club and tried to remodel it in his own Steelers, Dragons and Sharks riddled image. It didn't work. In fact, it failed miserably. And the fact that we have gone back to the future so to speak with Des, Matty B, Snake, Donny, Crusher, Monoghan etc says a hell of a lot. About the only piece missing is that little blonde bloke with the biggest maroon and white heart you'll ever find.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8