Snake....

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
STEWART WANTS TO HAVE FUN

1406981378296.jpg-300x0.jpg

Brett Stewart has opened up about his future at Manly in the latest edition of Men's Fitness magazine, including his desire to finish his career a one-club man and disappointment brother Glenn won't be able to.

Along with training tips and general footy and life observations, Stewart - who has diabetes - spoke about what he wants out of his final years at Brookvale, a club beset by internal rumblings.

While he is disappointed his 12th year playing with Glenn in the NRL will be his last, the Sea Eagles fullback's priority is enjoying the remainder of his career.

“Sure, everyone wants to win a premiership, but basically I want to enjoy what I have to come. Footy is not around forever," Stewart said.

“When you’re growing up, you think it’s going to last forever, but coming towards the back end, you appreciate the mates you make and the position we’re in: to be able to do what we do. I want to keep on enjoying that.”

The latest edition of Men's Fitness, with Stewart on the cover, will hit newsstands on Thursday.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/parramatta-eels-dock-kenny-edwards-second-game-20140802-zzpsd.html

One thing I've noticed in the past couple of months with Snake is that he is starting to run the ball back harder and isn't surrendering to the tackle as soon as he gets hit, he fights it a lot more. To me that's a sign that he's about as 100% as he's going to get.

He might not be quite as fast as he once was (though I dare say he's still the quickest we have in first grade), but I also think he is a much more complete footballer these days. He's still scoring tries, but he's setting up many more for his team mates and is currently equal first with Thurston for try assists with 20. The others in the top 5 for TA are halves (Baloney and Cronk) and another fullback (Morgan from the Cows). His defence is solid, though like all FB's he does miss the odd tackle.

The only FB's in the NRL or even the SL who I'd rate as anywhere near his equal are Hayne and Slater.

What a refreshing attitude ( straight from the source ) and not the rear of a horse.

He wants to enjoy his footy?
Winning premierships IS enjoyable for us all (so that fits nicely anyway).

And on a more serious note, Snake is an outstanding inspiration and role-model for all the kids coping with diabetes too.

Snake is a legend (at Manly and beyond) and will go down rightly as one of our best ever!

Brissie Kid said:
STEWART WANTS TO HAVE FUN

1406981378296.jpg-300x0.jpg

Hey Snake, I'm fun!:D
Thanks Brissie Kid. I now have a reason to buy Men's Health. After, maybe a slight drool escaping as I ponder a shirtless Brett, I'll be able to; pimp my lunch, blast big pecs and do a strongman workout.
Nice to note that the magazine is also offering some relationship tips to keep the wives and girlfriends happy, with the Get Huge in 11 Minutes article:p
Go Manly! Love the Snake.

Yep love the Snake, no tatts and all! :heart:

From this article, together with an in-depth interview with him in a local magazine some weeks ago, I have every confidence he'll stay at Manly for a few years yet (barring injury) :)

You gotta know when to hold em
Know when to fold 'em
Know when to walk away
Know when to Run. - K Rogers

Brett does. And keeps on demonstrating it. In form similar to 2008, 2011, cant help thinking the pattern will continue until 5th October, and beyond.

Mitch said:
Maybe RLW Mole should have a look through Mens Fitness when it comes out later this week judging by the following snippet he published on Rugby League Week this morning:

DOGS HUNTING STEWART

Brett Stewart’s career at Manly remains in grave doubt. He regards the treatment of his brother Glenn as unforgiveable and wants out. The perfect fit for Stewart is the Bulldogs, under his old coach Des Hasler.

hahaha hilarious eh.

Yeah, Manly are really likely to give him an early release on his contact so that he can join dirty Des. Snake would be insane to be considering any such move. Would be an awful way to end a great career.

Another article on the tele website... Anyone read the new interview yet and get the quotes about being a one club man? Can't find it online.

Need to put my mind at ease.

joeboy said:
Another article on the tele website... Anyone read the new interview yet and get the quotes about being a one club man? Can't find it online.

Need to put my mind at ease.
Tele ****e. Just think, Manly hold the power in Stewart's contract. The dog's management did the one of the slimiest acts in going for Des (and Des did his own sliminess).
Manly are not going to release Brett to play for Des.
I don't think the money figures are correct in the article either.
Snake at Manly for life.

Has a transcribe of his interview with men's fitness turned up yet? Y'know the one pledging his allegiance or whatever? There is a guy on the bulldogs board who has a proven inside source saying they are offering him a contract next week and that snake doesn't want to be at manly.

Hopa pledged his allegiance a week before the Parra move was revealed :cool:

Lets just wait for our Premiership Celebrations to be cut short again by the Dogs - at least we will be Premiers again :D

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8