Smith Caught - New Grub Act

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Hopefully one day a time machine will allow Cameron Smith to be transported back to circa 1965-74 and a melange of Matches of the Day at the SCG.

Cam will be the human football and players like Kevin Ryan, John Sattler, Billy Smith, Paul Sait, Gary Stevens, Terry Randall, John O’Neill, Fred Jones, Arthur Beetson, Jim Morgan, Bill Hamilton, Bob Moses, Ron Coote, Bob O’Reilly, Tommy Raudonikus, Mal Reilly, George Piggins and Allan Thomson will take it in turns to sort him out.

At the end of it, Cam will either be a blubbering mess or a mess of blubber.

Going back a bit further.....I'd have loved to see what The Moose would have done if he tried that wrestling crap on him.

Nearly 70 .... as a few of the blokes on here can tell you ... Rex kept fit for a long time after he retired and played in regular knock around games of touch at either Kierle Park or district park .... and let's just say his temper didn't improve with age ....
A cousin of mine used to caddy at Manly Golf Club in the early 1970s and the word on the street was to hide when Rex came looking for a caddy. Apparently he was a lousy tipper.

On CH9’s 100% Footy, Fatty Vautin & Gus Gould said, “back in my day Smith’s ear grab would’ve been nothing...”

We’re are well aware of that, but when you bring those tactics into the modern game, the victim isn’t allowed to respond in kind.
This is compounded by the perpetrator being a protected species.
‘Protected’ is an understatement, even allowing for him missing one grand final. He is given favoured treatment.
Yes of course guys like Freddie Jones and George Piggins would have got up to plenty of sly tricks no doubt, but they would do it knowing they would probably get belted, and they never pretended to be ‘ornaments to the game’

On CH9’s 100% Footy, Fatty Vautin & Gus Gould said, “back in my day Smith’s ear grab would’ve been nothing...”

We’re are well aware of that, but when you bring those tactics into the modern game, the victim isn’t allowed to respond in kind.
This is compounded by the perpetrator being a protected species.

Fatty was flat out throwing a decent punch so I can understand why he wouldn't retaliate @:D

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/nr...ed-concerning-act-notice-20190819-p52ild.html

"We want as little contact with the head and neck of opponents as much as possible,'' NRL head of football Graham Annesley said.

"The video I've seen doesn't show Cameron pulling any ears. It shows him grabbing a hold of the jersey around the collar, and then he pulls the jersey up over his ears.

"It's being portrayed he was yanking at the ears, the video proves that doesn't actually happen, but there is contact with the head where it's not necessary.''

Incredible.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/nr...ed-concerning-act-notice-20190819-p52ild.html

"We want as little contact with the head and neck of opponents as much as possible,'' NRL head of football Graham Annesley said.

"The video I've seen doesn't show Cameron pulling any ears. It shows him grabbing a hold of the jersey around the collar, and then he pulls the jersey up over his ears.

"It's being portrayed he was yanking at the ears, the video proves that doesn't actually happen, but there is contact with the head where it's not necessary.''

Incredible.
Beyond help...

Incredible.

Annesley a couple of weeks ago reminded players there would be a clamp down on back-chatting officials, and said on Monday: "Players shouldn't be surprised if they find themselves on the wrong end of penalties if they persist with that.''

Unless you're sCam smith, then you can go at the ref 4-5 times over 1 decision for 5 or so minutes and while most other captains are condescendingly waved away, nrl refs quietly stand by and listen to the great one whine.

Th pandomine and theatre of the pocket ref running in and melodramatically bending over and pointing at them is also a thing of beauty ... useless and ignored .... but I guess it makes them feel important ....
How’s when the touchies do it, lean in and be rar-rar-rar!. I tell ya, if I’m a winger, I’d be pulling off one of @Harvies elbow s backhanders straight to the mush.

Incredible.

What an absolute muppet.....

As I said before, if that was the case, that he only had hold of the jumper, why did the Canberra player when he got up shove Smith down hard onto his arse and immediately feel for his ears?? He wouldn't have done that, or gotten the penalty, if Smith hadn't had hold of his ears.

Screenshot_20190819-133248_Samsung Internet.jpg

Incredible.

How’s when the touchies do it, lean in and be rar-rar-rar!. I tell ya, if I’m a winger, I’d be pulling off one of @Harvies elbow s backhanders straight to the mush.
Oh yeah.
To be screamed at by some nance who's probably never pulled on a boot.
But their nannas would be proud of em...

Was old Frank the tee controller then, he was when I caddied there in early sixties, and Rex was always a man of concequences.

Not sure .... I was only about 14/15 and didn't pay much attention to be honest ... only did it about 10 times I guess ...

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7